It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Reagan Was A Mean Spirited Man Who Did Nothing For America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All you conservatives out there can pat your icon Reagan on the back all you want, but his demeanor has started a downward spiral in the mental well being of America which G.W. Bush is trying to cement permanently into the psychology of a once Great Land.

A funny thing happened on America's journey into the 21st Century to greater freedom and prosperity for all, a colossal train wreck otherwise known as the election of Ronald Reagan. Unlike the 60s being ushered in by a young vibrant and dynamic president promoting equality for all, the 80s was usher in with a old president prone to taking naps promoting trickle down (feel free to read that as piss on me economics) economics caring only for the rich.1 No wonder the decade of the 80s became called the decade of greed. Just as the age difference of the two presidents was in sharp contrast so were the policies of each as well as the times. One was a progressive believing that America could provide for all of its citizens; the other didn't give a damn for the unfortunate and chose to implement regressive policy. One chose to unite all Americans the other promoted class warfare. One promoted civil rights for all, the other tried to dismantle civil rights.

Not only was the two decades ushered in by major differences in policy, the general out look of Americans had changed greatly. As a nation we entered the 60s with a can do attitude unlike the 80s we were a nation of self-doubting Thomases, full of doubt and guilt. Americans entered the decade of the 60s full of hope for a better future, two cars in every garage unlike the 80s where many saw only a more dismal future with many giving up hope of ever owning their own home. One saw the greatest technological achievement of man, with Americans walking on the surface of the moon the other saw the space program going up in smoke with the explosion of the Challenger.

One was a decade of rebirth and growth the other was decade of decline and decay. One saw the highest standard of living achieved for the American workers the other saw the standard of living falling for the vast majority of workers. The 60s saw the birth of the grass root environmental movement, the 80s gave birth to the extremist group, Wise Use led and backed by multinational corporations hell bent on destroying and plundering the environment. One saw the investment in and building of new plants and equipment the other defined investing as leverage buyouts financed by junk bonds that built nothing. One saw us building the infrastructure like the interstate highway system the other saw reports of bridges that were unsafe and the decay of the infrastructure.

One saw the baby boomers coming of age, a generation of activist for a large part the other saw the generation X coming of age a generation of pathetic whiners in a large part.2 One is a decade mistaking thought of as a violent decade, the 60s when in actual fact the 80s were a far more violent decade. These are just a few of the stark contrasts between the two decades. But even more importantly one was the bold implementation of new policies named the New Frontier and the Great Society; the other was merely a reaction to the former too ashamed of itself to even give itself a name.

Darn Hippies

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags:
[ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 14-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What a crock of prejudicial generalizations. For example:

One saw the greatest technological achievement of man, with Americans walking on the surface of the moon the other saw the space program going up in smoke with the explosion of the Challenger.

I suppose Reagan personally manufactured the leaky O rings that were the cause of the Challenger explosion?

Why didn't you describe the 60's as "One murdered it's president..."?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Those aren't my words.

The republicans are about 'you are not allowed', 'prefered access', 'elitism'.

Not about hope for the masses, not about inclusion.

Republicans are about 'who do you know'.

It's bad karma, man. Their view about 'we can't continue on' is infecting everyone and everything.

The republicans are about,'not enough love to go around', 'you don't have the connections for that'.

[edit on 2/14/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What positive things could I say about an article entitled:

The Nazi Hydra: Those damn hippies, the 1960s

That is the title of the page that anti-Reagan article came from.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
What positive things could I say about an article entitled:

The Nazi Hydra: Those damn hippies, the 1960s

That is the title of the page that anti-Reagan article came from.

The text is below that beginning emblem.

Maybe he's hooked on the Bush-nazi connection, but I think his analysis of the downturn in the feel of America, due to the republican's line on how things are. It is a good article.

[edit on 2/14/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Don't forget he nearly got us nuked by Russia... Imagine if Russia had heard his little "Bombing in 5 minutes" live? How many nukes could they have launched before it was explained he was joking, he really wasn't going to attack them. I mean sure they could have known it was a joke, I mean, its not like we were both worried the other country was going to nuke the other at any moment, that we didn't have commercials twelling us what to do when a nuke was dropped... Oh wait, we did.

Its not like Russia was Canada, we joke about attacking Canada all the time, hell South Park: The Movie was all about a war with Canada, but we are allies, and they know it is a joke. But at this time both US and Russia, then the USSR, were worried the other would attack at all times, it was something called the Cold War.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

DevinS wrote:Its not like Russia was Canada, we joke about attacking Canada all the time, hell South Park: The Movie was all about a war with Canada, but we are allies, and they know it is a joke. But at this time both US and Russia, then the USSR, were worried the other would attack at all times, it was something called the Cold War.

We are so in with Russia that when their spy satelites started failing, we gave their spies seats in Cheyenne Mountain so they could keep an eye on our state of readiness.

Mexico is our ally, but only on the employment front. Their army is unfit for UN peace keeping. If they abused someone in a foreign land like they do their own citizens, there might a mexican government toppled somewhere.

Annan asks for help

[edit on 2/15/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Don't forget he nearly got us nuked by Russia...

But at this time both US and Russia, then the USSR, were worried the other would attack at all times, it was something called the Cold War.

The closest the world ever came to nuclear war was "14 Days in October - The Cuban Missle Crisis".

Guess who was president at that time?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Nothing more & likely less; at least Bush is active in his caste's engineering of Oligarchy with fascist tendencies.....Reagan just wanted the applause to continue and viewed the presidency as nothing more than a self serving starring role.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well sometimes the people want the sizzle instead of the steak, BT. A good leader surrounds himself with competent people and knows how to delegate.

The Great Communicator, that was Ronny.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
As Ron was my first vote in the American Process. THe man could hit his lines, he was old school studio contract actor to the core, none of this crap we have now.
But, he should have stayed in Hollywood. And seeing as those "competent" folks he surrounded himself with were mostly convicted felons not in jail now by grace of the Bush Syndicate's historic number of pardons ( and working for the latest Bush Capo).....it's pretty obvious he didn't pick too well!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The Great Communicator, that was Ronny.

I'm wondering....What did he communicate to you?

What he communicated to me is:' individuals don't matter', 'we can't continue to fund schools', 'we shouldn't care about the suffering of people thrown out of work by Reagan's policies(they'll find jobs somehow)'

Reagan lorded over the biggest downturn in the economy since the depression and he didn't care about the people who got hurt by it.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Reagan was an actor he was not President material his presidency was the best role he ever did in his life but never got an Oscar for it because is wasn't worth it.

Reagan was an actor and like an actor he played the role of president.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I did drink the Kool-aid...

I still don't think like the rest of you. I don't see what the man did wrong? He was just following the thought process of a majority of Americans. Quit friggin' taxing me to pay for you slackers. Know what? I am a slacker... I still get by. You can keep your handouts. I'll do fine. Damn Hippies.

I would rather have Reagan then Bush... Can you agree with me on this?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
BT, some of the brightest minds are relaxing behind bars, you know that. And as for the number of pardons that 41 dished out, are you sure that he holds the record? Clinton was pretty forgiving, from what I remember.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
....and Negroponte & Reich still about staging bloody coups & genocide. Lovely Star-Trek like alternate dimension we live in, no?
Look at the "quality" of the Bush Crime Syndicate pardons Becky, it humbles all others combined, only to be outdone by Dim Son soon if we don't impeach him first.

Sailor:
The propaganda should have been displaced in your mind with the facts a long time ago on Reagan. He "spoke" to what Americans wanted, then "did" what they couldn't afford at the benefit of Corporate America. Calling Ketchup a vegtable to feed kids at school was sound policy to you?
Cut all funding to stop the spread of "fag disease"?
Deploy my brother on gunboats in some Banana Republic chasing better armed cokequistadors?
Even with all that, my biggest gripe with him is intellectual - no working through of Trickle Down Economics in a real world application warrants any support. It was a continued focus for me since my academic career coincided with his/Bush's tenure.

top topics

join