It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does life start?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoJo the religious man
Well I didn't mean to offend you,

You have not offended me at all, I hope that you do not feel offended either.

When it comes with Religious issues and abortion, opinions and views can be very strong and can lead to very good but also heated debates.

Be well JoJo the religious man you are a very nice person.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is such an emotionally charged issue. Marg and I rarely disagree about anything on this board. And I am not disagreeing with her here, either. It just seems that way.

From my avatar and signature quotes and the post I made above regarding the breath of life being the Holy Spirit, you would think I am taking a religious angle on this issue, but I am not. I am not trying to be 'holier than though', either.

The defining factor in my decision to believe life begins at conception was actually my investigation into the PX and Montauk Project, believe it or not. The reason (supposedly) the surviving sailors of the PX had so many weird things going on with them had to do (reportedly) with the disruption of the 'time lock' on their corporeal beings caused by their passage through the wormhole created by the PX. Funny as it seems, that made sense to me, and I believe the 'lock' is placed on the moment of conception, the beginning of our time in this life.

I still believe in completely informed choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think life starts as the bible states it starts. "Upon first breath"

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think this is an opinion the changes with your experiences. Personally I used to think it begins when the baby is born but I have heard a lot about people communicating with their unborn babies in the spirit world and now think it begins a lot earlier. Perhaps they are always there (We are all part of God) and there is no beginning as someone alluded to earlier.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Actually Icarus talking from the biological perspective, cells are alive as long as they are supported by the body.

So occurs a sperm is alive when it enters the ovum is not mistake in that.

But the very good question should be as when the soul enters the fetus, or the body.

No ultrasounds or ex rays can tell you that and neither any bible or religious books.

Everything is base on opinions, believes and personal experiences.

As with anything when it comes to human experiences everybody differ in what they see as to be the truth.

In my case I believe that the soul enters the body when the body is ready for it and because the soul knows that it will be an able body and that at birth it will be able to breath air even if the fetus is of premature birth if it can survived then is alive.

Like I said before the flesh is mean to decay but the soul is eternal.

That is my opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
well I think it is a really tough call...when does life start?

this photo really freaked me out!! it is so beautiful..

really changes the way you think!

the doc was doing emergency surgery on a pregnant woman and the little baby grabbed hold of his finger...

wow... so amazing

had to edit and go aw, drool... I have 2 kids and was so connected to both of them...really think the moment you decide to have the baby, it has life...

[edit on 17-2-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
the doc was doing emergency surgery on a pregnant woman and the little baby grabbed hold of his finger...

From the Pro-Life site that displays this picture:

When his tiny hand slipped out of the incision ... Samuel's surgeon slipped his finger into the baby's fist and a USA today photographer snapped this picture.

So just to be accurate, the baby didn't grab the doctor's finger. The doctor slipped his finger into the baby's hand.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
lol gee wizz...I got sent that pic and story via email and now I find out it is all lies, lies, lies..

aw..still nice pic though...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join