It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ATS down??

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Am I the only one that has had trouble getting on the site?
around 1:30pm GMT I was unable to get on the site.
This caused me great distress, i have stopped crying now though?

Is it a major problem?

Dan
'please dont take my ats away!!'




posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I was posting on ID, I feared that my account was banned and I was like: I always try my hardest to not get BANNED


BUT fortunatly, the site was temporarilly offline
the mighty hammer of death has not hit any of us...

Perhaps the migrated the server in case Houston or Dallas does get nuked



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm in Canada, bigdanprice...it was momentarily down for me as well.

No doubt the Amigos had to do a little tweaking or somesuch.

No biggie (I hope)



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I couldn't get on this morning either. That's a horrible feeling, eh?


I suspect 'technical difficulties'.

But everything is ok now, my day is complete.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We got a conspricy site down ...we got a conspricy site down

Yea it happned to me aswell but i was busy at the time with a'holes who attcked my pc ,lol i was thinking that if people hacked ats they hacked everyone that was on the site
GOD DAMN HACKERS!!



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I had gotten this yesterday and early this morning around 8 am est




posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I couldnt get it up a few minutes ago. I figured it might be my ancient computer. I restarted and voila...but it was still only ATS I couldnt access.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Two events this morning:

An attempt to hack the site content, and a DoS flood soon after that failed.

Our provider's anti-flood system has kicked in, and we're okay for now. I'm reviewing the logs and trying to figure out more details.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
By the way it happened for me yesterday as well, I dont know if thats any help.
Keep up the good work!

I love this site so much...!
Here is a Valentine for all the Admins, mods, super mods, users and whoever!!
xxx!

Dan



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wiki down yesterday and ATS today...

Beware the New Pope?




US Concludes 'Cyber Storm' Mock Attacks







[edit on 14-2-2006 by Regenmacher]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What Flashes Through A Conspiracy Maniac's Mind

I'm kind of relieved that I wasn't the only one buggin' over this.

All sorts of things went through my head, since I could ping the server but was
getting "connection refused".

Was it the Serpians? The DIA? The NSA? Halliburton?


Was I finally IP banned for all my on-the-edge whacked-out hijinks? I worried about that, but chilled when I considered that they probably would have at least sent me an email if they did IP ban me.

I would hope.


Then it dawned on me: the ATS servers are hosted in Texas.

Therefore, the most logical explanation is that Vice President Cheney shot the database server.

Prove me wrong.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Therefore, the most logical explanation is that Vice President Cheney shot the database server.


Then we can expect a news release tomorrow...


[edit on 14-2-2006 by loam]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
More information on the ATS downtime this morning.


There were two distinct events in our server and secure log files.

The first event involved several attempts at something like this on what would be the admin console for XMB 1.8 on our server:
?action=upgrade&xmbuser=SkepticOverlord&status=Administrator&upgrade=delete+from+xmb_posts+where+tid=185069
If we had been on an unaltered version of XMB 1.8 (we're not) this may have deleted the entire Serpo Thread. (This is called an "SQL Injection" attack.)

The second event was an overwhelming flood of both secure access attempts and DoS activity specific to one IP address: 70.86.59.155 -- which is, in fact, www.projectserpo.org...

Our provider's anti-flood system eventually stopped the DoS attack, but there continues to be several dozen attempts to gain a secure Terminal log-in via that IP. (all typical haXor IP's from 2nd tier countries).


Needless to say, we're alarmed that someone would attempt to remove the serpo thread (they must know we have backups?) and/or attack a serpo-specific IP address.


All the data has been turned over to our provider for investigation. I'll post more if we get it.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The second event was an overwhelming flood of both secure access attempts and DoS activity specific to one IP address: 70.86.59.155 -- which is, in fact, www.projectserpo.org...


No way. What is so valuable about that thread? How can they make cash out of a story that is blatantly B.S. Maybe you should publish that thread as a book to sit alongside the offical Serpo™ tome on the bookshop shelves.

Surely they would have know that their ip would come up? How idiotic can you be? WTF is going on, are these people very, very, very, dim rank amateurs or what? I'm glad there is still Serpo goings on though, I know it's selfish, but I love a good car crash.

Talking of car crashes, is there any info on ATS\BTS about the state of play on the Pentagon thread hijack? [Sorry, I know it's wayyy off topic]



[edit on 14/2/06 by Implosion]

I'm real dopey tonight, or in general, I thought that the attack came from Serpo. Man that would be nuts, but yeah, the rest stands... I think...

[edit on 14/2/06 by Implosion]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
I couldnt get it up a few minutes ago.


You know Isis, they have little blue pills for that problem now


Sorry, I couldn't resist.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
I couldnt get it up a few minutes ago.

You know Isis, they have little blue pills for that problem now

Now you can imagine how my great skill in articulation gets me in trouble!

Phew! Glad i'm a girl!

EDIT: I apparently cant type either

[edit on 14-2-2006 by I_s_i_s]



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
More information on the ATS downtime this morning.


There were two distinct events in our server and secure log files.

The first event involved several attempts at something like this on what would be the admin console for XMB 1.8 on our server:
?action=upgrade&xmbuser=SkepticOverlord&status=Administrator&upgrade=delete+from+xmb_posts+where+tid=185069
If we had been on an unaltered version of XMB 1.8 (we're not) this may have deleted the entire Serpo Thread. (This is called an "SQL Injection" attack.)

The second event was an overwhelming flood of both secure access attempts and DoS activity specific to one IP address: 70.86.59.155 -- which is, in fact, www.projectserpo.org...

Our provider's anti-flood system eventually stopped the DoS attack, but there continues to be several dozen attempts to gain a secure Terminal log-in via that IP. (all typical haXor IP's from 2nd tier countries).


Needless to say, we're alarmed that someone would attempt to remove the serpo thread (they must know we have backups?) and/or attack a serpo-specific IP address.


All the data has been turned over to our provider for investigation. I'll post more if we get it.


To me this screams "script kiddies". Why just go straight for the serpo thread unless you wanted your victim to know thats what you're after.

Some thing as simple as "where+tid > 1 " would have killed pretty much all the threads (if it had worked) therefore masking the fact that you were going after one thread in particular.

To me it says that they either a) wanted ATS to know that they wanted this thread dead

b) were using some prebuilt xmb vunribility exploiter (there are out there) and didn't really have a game plan except disruipting ATS

c) were just wanting escelate the tensions on ATS

The same can said for the DoS attack on projectserpo.org

To me they're saying that they want the sites shut down and they're prepared to go to extremes to do it and they want you to know about it

That or they're just a bunch of amatures reacting badly to the fact ATS is showing the whole "serpo affiar" to be a load of rubbish.

Sorry for the bad spelling, haven't got access to a spell checker of dictionary and i've drunk far to much


B.



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Id keep an eye out for one of the other sites to start insinuating it was a gubmint attack on ATS and try to add claim that the attack shows proof to the validity of the serpo story. Just a theory. Thanks for keeping us up to date with the who and where SO. Cheeky internet hacker monkeys



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Any idea who was behind this? Was the IP Traced to anyone that was involved in the whole fiasco?

I doubt this has anything to do with a credibility addition.. it sounds more like our thread completely smashes the Serpo fiasco and someone would like it to dissappear so they could continue to spread the story..



posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
And then theres that too. I Agree with ya on that Quiet Soul. Someone is not happy thats for sure. Then again it maybe one of the trolls that got banned out of the serpo thread, searched and searched the usenets till he/she found a new toy to take his/her anger out with.


Needless to say, we're alarmed that someone would attempt to remove the Serpo thread (they must know we have backups?) and/or attack a serpo-specific IP address.

All the data has been turned over to our provider for investigation


Alarmed an actual haxor would try it, but seems like a bonehead move from a newb.

Whomever is probably in deep doodoo at the hands of SO.




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join