It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on mars new real evidence to prove or disprove structures on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This whole mars issue is kind of cool. I can see there being life there. Of course we have to wait and trust those that can give us info. (Be cool to be able to do your own space exploration.) Astral projection anyone?
hehe

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
we dont need to trust them just check the info for manipulation

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Any thoughts ?

If you take a look at Google Earth, it doesn't take long to figure out that something fishy is up with the planet and that there is probably a good chance that there's life here. People and large animals have an obvious effect on the environment.

earth.google.com...

If you do the same thing with Mars, it doesn't take too long to figure out that there was probably never anything like the same thing going on there. At this point, the most anybody could hope for finding life is to find some kind of bacteria or fungus living in the dirt. Nothing that can be seen with a telescope from space.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't know if this supports the theory of life or not but I did some simple photoshopping in 3 minutes and came up with this:

All I did was invert, change contrast, slightly shear, and slightly rotate the second "face" pic. It's very easy to make something like that look like a basin as opposed to a mountain (or vice versa).

Original images:

To me the picture I photoshopped looks more like the first pic and not at all like a face. It could be very easy to create either one of the original images from the other (although that was back in 1998 ... don't know how sophisticated Photoshop was at that time).

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Any thoughts ?

If you take a look at Google Earth, it doesn't take long to figure out that something fishy is up with the planet and that there is probably a good chance that there's life here. People and large animals have an obvious effect on the environment.

earth.google.com...

If you do the same thing with Mars, it doesn't take too long to figure out that there was probably never anything like the same thing going on there. At this point, the most anybody could hope for finding life is to find some kind of bacteria or fungus living in the dirt. Nothing that can be seen with a telescope from space.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Enkidu]

take a look at the moon not much diffrence but we have been there take a look at mars we have virtualy been there so your theory is incorrect

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
I don't know if this supports the theory of life or not but I did some simple photoshopping in 3 minutes and came up with this:

i dunno that dont really look like a face to me :/

Mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 16-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
well if you actually read what it says .

Quote ----- User-friendly web tools will be available to both the science community and the public to view/analyze HiRISE images and to submit observation requests. Processed images will be released soon after acquisition to allow everyone to share in the scientific discovery process.
------------------------------

it doesnt say anything about how long you may have to wait because of the back log of request -- 1 day ? , 1 week ?, 1 year ?.
Also it doesnt say , that just because you specificly ask for a location picture , Doesnt mean that the picture is sent to you - - it would prob be posted along with tons of other pics in a gallery - so unless you know what your looking for / at , your pic could be 1 of 1000000.

personally i think its PR at best .

2nd ) there is no way they will show the public anything that definitely
shows life on mars.

Mostly you will see pics that we have always seen - just in high res.
and more Color .

chances are Slim to None that you will ever see a Pic of the mars face again .. Atleast not by Nasa .. or Atleast not a real Pic of it .

I think you have your Hopes up about nothing .

It would be nice if there wer some other agency in world besides Nasa .
That could do the things they do , but give us a alternative look at space
besides looking at space through Nasa eyes.

Quote ---

Public suggestions will be filtered to minimize duplication and frivolous input. NASA Quest and other partners will host web events and workshops to educate the public to encourage high quality suggestions.
--------------------------------------------------------
So they decide what is frivolous . nice . no mars face pics i guess .

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Briggs]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it's too bad Europe doesn't have a space agency... hey, wait a minute!

www.esa.int...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

www.esa.int...

its odd the way there pictures are so much higher quality but they dont
really show you the areas we would want to see

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

www.esa.int...

your right , But i wasnt putting down the ESA .

here in the US , its Almost always Nasa this and that , so you never get a chance to hear about the ESA .

Same with watching the Science channel and channels like it -- they Almost
never mention anyone else besides Nasa . . wich is a shame .

I never hear about ESA and So i forgot all about them .

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
dam gotta love the pics on the ESA site .
some look almost surreal .

Ram

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I hope the new Camera - that can take 6mb sec. - Has Color..

Does it come in color this time?
Im sick of black and white pictures...

CAN NASA REALLY AFFORD A COLOR CAMERA???

hahaha

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
if they cant , we can all chip in and buy nasa a disposable camera from
wal mart

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
dam gotta love the pics on the ESA site .
some look almost surreal .

yes i thought it might be fake actualy

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scatterp

Originally posted by Fiverz

i dunno that dont really look like a face to me :/

Mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 16-2-2006 by sanctum]

That's the point I was making ... that the supposed "face picture" can easily be edited to look more like the original "flat" picture. All it takes is a different camera angle. I'm not trying to prove/disprove life on Mars, I'm just saying those images (and any the government releases) have to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

yeah well the odd thing is that the fastest home internet i can get here is 10mbit yet they can set up a 6mbit connection on mars and africa has trouble with 14kbs ? i mean the money it would cost to bring free internet to africa would have delayed the arival of this thing by what 30 minites ?
lol

why the hell do they need internet in africa.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i think the thing is so much of what we see is fake no ones going to devote months to checking a image some one posts and debateing it we just atempt to prove or disprove with in reason i.e it looks fake etc

but when we ATS apply directly to NASA for picture:
if NASA edit it and we have proof then we can contact the media
if NASA dont edit it and it shows theres a city or something we can contact the media
if NASA dont edit it and it proves theres no city we finished the debate on a ton of threads here and cleared up the issue

see what i am geting at ?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

yeah well the odd thing is that the fastest home internet i can get here is 10mbit yet they can set up a 6mbit connection on mars and africa has trouble with 14kbs ? i mean the money it would cost to bring free internet to africa would have delayed the arival of this thing by what 30 minites ?
lol

why the hell do they need internet in africa.

Every once in awhile you come across a post like this , That makes you laugh like Hell ........... Makes it all worth while .

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i feel that there probably isnt inteligent life on mars and there never has been however i do think there may be single celled organisms and maybe even more advanced life such as algaes but the idea of cities etc seems pretty far fetched (mind you i guess in the 20's saying we would put a man on the moon within 05 years would sound very far fetched)

i read somewhere a while back about the manned mission to mars may happen or already of happened in secret, i read a top nasa officials words saying how the info comes down to the reciever then takes a few minutes to come onto the screen at control and that there are always black suit CIA type people there and every now and then a large data chunk will simply not come through. They went on to say how they believed that the US gov knew about some simple life on mars and wanted to secretly go and recover samples for possible use as a weapon. hence not allowing the scientists to see these data blocks which they remove at the reciever station
i will go and have a hunt for a site about all that and post it if i can find one if anyone else finds a site about it please feel free to post the link

tom

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I didn't realize the ESA had such clear photos either.

The have a picture of a creater with water/ice in it. I knew Mars had ice in its polor caps but this creater is about half way between the polos and the equater.

Check out this link to the photo gallary and click on the flag that says new.

www.esa.int...

Or click on this link and it will take you directly to the photo. It almost looks fake, the ice is so blue.

esamultimedia.esa.int...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join