It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reasons why usa would destroy iran in a war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Sure America won the war, but who is winning the "peace"?

Did you just qoute John Kerry>

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
You can't win a war with air dropped munitions alone. Period.

Oh yes you could with one word "Nuclear" With airpower alone you could bomb a entire country back to the stone age and kill everyone if you wanted without setting one boot on the ground.

Not saying the US or anybody would ever do that, just that Airpower alone could indeed win a most decisive war.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The US would totaly destory Iran, if it came down to it. Occuping it, hahaha, thats like saying a country that tries to occupy the US. It just won't happen. Sure we can nuke em back to the stone age, but what would that bring, it would make the land inhabitable for decades. Nuking them would be pointless and stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Never said the US would do it just proving a point that Air power alone can easily win a war. You might even be able to win a war with air power alone using massive convential weapons if you went back to WW2 policy of having civilians as legitimate targets of war. With massive bombings of cities you could cripple country.

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
Occuping it, hahaha, thats like saying a country that tries to occupy the US. It just won't happen.

There are some slight differences between a nation with a super power military with 300 million people many of which are armed, to one much smaller nation with about 68 million people in terms of Occupation.

Nations with populations the size of Iran and bigger have been successfully Occupied before Japan for example.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
oh my....totally stupid thread...it's not always about US against THEM kinda stuff people.....people have no clue whats coming.....but all I can say is, for people like nightscape, if you wanna be a war monger thats your choice, you think that we can just push out the rest of the world and be here in this happy secure box where nothing can touch us and everything is fine, let me tell you something...the satanists that are bringing in this hell and world domination, THEY don't care about YOU, they don't care about ME, they don't care about anyone, they see us as slaves...all of us...and instead of focusing on how we can crush anyone, we should all join together and fight the NWO....and the real EVIL doers...cause if you think terrorists are just certain people...your mistaken..cause this picture is bigger then many can see...and if you want to head down a path, that you have no clue what is on the other end, then be my guest........................

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
There are probably only two countries on the planet you couldn't destroy. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Or have you accepted that it's your right to destroy every country you disagree with?

This is a deeply worrying thread

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I could pick apart your post in extensive depth, however because it's getting late and I have work in the morning I'll start with this flagrant mis-statement.

Originally posted by nightscape
and we fought off hitler and japan pretty much single handedly, its thanks to the united states your all not dead or speaking german right now.

On the inititial charge into Berlin, Russia's Red Army lost over 250,000 troops in two weeks. We (the U.S.) played a large part in WWII, however saying we won "pretty much single handedly" speaks of facts not thoroughly researched.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
un-ba-freakin-leavable!! ..........and the Yanks wonder why we all hate them, with an attitude like that first post I'm not happy to be an Ally of the USA.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This guy doesnt speak for all of us, I assure you. People like this are a dime a dozen here. No mind for themselves. They are just spoon fed what they want to hear. Its the same bunch of idiots patting each other on the back while they have no idea what they are talking about.

Take it with a grain of salt...this is not the average American outlook at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The wrong question is being asked here............

Yes the US is a known power that can leverage its size, strength and resources against Iran....

.....but..............

Iran need not be in full retalitory mode to counteract a US preemptive attack............

All Iran needs to do is to block the Strait of Hormuz in the Persion Gulf (ie sink a couple tankers there or mine the waters)................

and as a result...........

80% of the World's export in oil comes to a halt..............................

Now what would that do the the economies of G8 countries in short order??

Iran can fight economically much more effective than militarily against the US...........

So don't dare under estimate the conditions in which the US and/or Isreal thinks they can settle the score through air bombardiments........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join