It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reasons why usa would destroy iran in a war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
its amusing to see peoples posts that think america could not utterly destroy iran. first of all the us military already knows where everything is in iran via satelites, drone planes and spy planes, they have contingency plans for everything, and the missiles iran has to take out us planes will not work becuase our aircraft will be cloaked so the missiles wont even be able to see the planes. ok here are the reasons the usa will take out iran in less then a month.

1. all of irans missiles wont even be able to see usa's planes, the planes are cloaked so the missiles cant see them, not to menition stealth bombers.

2. we already know where everything is in iran. i mean everything the military is smart and paranoid.

3. the us can target about 10,000 differnet objects at the same time with missiles at the very least per day. this info is from extensive military study and knowledge.

4. everything underground can be easily buried, if there is only one entrance even better, we send in a bunker busting pyro bomb in, what this does is bury the opening then the fire from the napalm like substance burns hence taking all the oxygen out of the bunker or whatever suffocating everyone. the gov tested them in afganistan and they worked.

5. us troops have experiance in iraq afganistan.

6.terrain doesnt matter when we can see them ifrared at night then send an 8 million dollars missile up there asses, litteraly on there ass exactly.

7.we can take out at least 10,000 targets a day using entire military force.

8.borders would be monitered by stealth copters, it would be suicide to try and run across.

9. iran cant use its missiles on something it cant see.(aircraft, ships)

10. even the aircraft carriers are stealthed for missiles and have machine gun turrets that put out 5,000 rounds a minute with auto targeting. they wont be able to hit even that.

11. the troops in iran dont compare to marines, marines willl hand thier asses to them.

12. we have #ing lasers for jesus christs sake.

13. us military is the most paranoid military on earth thats why we cant

14. we have spies everywhere, the pentagon papers showed only a portion of that.

lose and have everything planned out and know where every major missile is on earth not to mention a weak ass country like iran which isnt even a real threat.

and dont say anything about vietnam, we didnt have bunker busters in nam. and we fought off hitler and japan pretty much single handedly, its thanks to the united states your all not dead or speaking german right now.
and the terrain in iran is #ing normal here in the usa, i grew up in a thicker wilderness and bigger mountains than iran has, my friends did to, a lot of them are army rangers now and marines and ive been in college for 3 years.
Anyone who thinks that iran can win or the usa will economicly broken in 2 years is a utter moron and has been reading to many books that the sole purpose is to be outragous to get you to buy them. dont believe everything you read. any one can write a book. oh and iran sucks and the people are ignorant, look at the way they treat woman, they are utter and complete idiots, they hang 17 year old girls for pretty much nothing, the people need to get educated. i believe people are inherently good but in a society like iran they need a change of gov and to get educated.

reasons why people think that iran can win.

1. they dont know # about america.
2. they hate americans
3. ignorant
4.dont know that americans are the best at killin and always will be.
5. have pride in some middle eastern country for some reason.
6. cant read.
7.cant read history books and facts dont register in thier heads.
8. small brain capacity

i probly missed something so ill put it on later. i may sound like im close mided but i am very openminded just tired of hearing some things.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Do you think you're the best in the world or something?

When you say cloacked, do you say electronicly or physicly?

Iran will not win this war but it will be like in Iraq and the resistance will hunt US soldiers till the end of times. And Iran will retaliate on Israël with their missiles.

Sure they can't win this war as Iraq did but they can hurt them.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
then they will get thier asses handed to them till the end of times.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why you're country doesn't stop to bullie everyone? Why the Neo-con want to control the world? I don't thing that the american civilian want to conquer the planet, he just want to have peace and eat and be happy. So if this government of criminals go like this for a long time, the world could collapse under nuclear fires...

Impeach you're president and put at the white house someone who cares for the peace and his own people!! For you're own good!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The niave ramblings of an ignorant kid.

My favourite bit was..and i quote...

"don't know that americans are the best at killin and always will be"

What a gem.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Iran will not win this war but it will be like in Iraq and the resistance will hunt US soldiers till the end of times.

That's right, but I have a larger, more important question, and I expect an answer.

Why are there so many threads on the USA vs. Iran? From both ends. This is a discussion board, not a war zone, sheesh. Does anyone mind?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
The niave ramblings of an ignorant kid.

My favourite bit was..and i quote...

"don't know that americans are the best at killin and always will be"

What a gem.

maybe you should watch some more starwars movies, watching tv makes you real smart.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Gotta agree with kojac.

Look at Iraq....

Sure America won the war, but who is winning the "peace"?

Military superiority means nothing if all you end up with are people who want you out of their country.

America has created an enemy that will endure for decades, long after they even leave Iraq. All it takes is a small group with a nuc, or with a form of poison, to totally destroy any claims of military superiority.

The tactics and enemy of WW2 have gone, military muscle does not win wars any more.

Someone has believed too much of their own social indoctrination.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

1. all of irans missiles wont even be able to see usa's planes, the planes are cloaked so the missiles cant see them, not to menition stealth bombers.

You can't win a war with air dropped munitions alone. Period.

2. we already know where everything is in iran. i mean everything the military is smart and paranoid.

That second sentence doesn't even make sense, but than again, none of this does.

3. the us can target about 10,000 differnet objects at the same time with missiles at the very least per day. this info is from extensive military study and knowledge.

I'm gonna keep thinking that's a load of crap until I see evidence speaking to the contrary. US Space Command can track 10,000 objects in orbit, is that what you're trying to say? To be able to shoot missles (by which I assume you mean cruise missles and not ICBMs) at 10,000 targets would require 10,000 launch ready missles.
Last I checked we don't have NEARLY that many in the region.

4. everything underground can be easily buried, if there is only one entrance even better, we send in a bunker busting pyro bomb in, what this does is bury the opening then the fire from the napalm like substance burns hence taking all the oxygen out of the bunker or whatever suffocating everyone. the gov tested them in afganistan and they worked.

Cave complexes are not the same as hardened cut and cover bunkers. That being said, Iran overestimates its ability to weather an air attack, I think.

5. us troops have experiance in iraq afganistan.

So do the Iranians!
Home field advantage rocks, it's a huge, deciding factor. Surely your vast military experience covered that concept?

6.terrain doesnt matter when we can see them ifrared at night then send an 8 million dollars missile up there asses, litteraly on there ass exactly.

Yeah, I hear infrared works real good through boulders and sheer rock walls.
The terrain determines the context of the engagement. If the invaders are relegated to midnight bombing runs on obscure mountainous regions, they'll spend themselves to death. Millions of dollars in ordinance to obliterate an unoccupied hut. That's military efficiency for you.

7.we can take out at least 10,000 targets a day using entire military force.

I'd like to see something to back this up. I also think you're working under a bunch of false assumptions, like the entire US Navy being able to just hang out in the gulf, shooting non-stop.

8.borders would be monitered by stealth copters, it would be suicide to try and run across.

If we have magical helicopters they would be in use right now, don't you think, considering border integrity is a serious failing of the current occupation? This sounds like nonsense, more of it.

9. iran cant use its missiles on something it cant see.(aircraft, ships)

The US Navy is a lot of things, but invisible isn't one of 'em.
Where do you get your information?

11. the troops in iran dont compare to marines, marines willl hand thier asses to them.

Marines are pretty tough...

But it's not a stand up and shoot war, it would have to be an occupation like Iraq, and we'd encounter all the same problems and then some.

12. we have #ing lasers for jesus christs sake.

Whoopty Doo!

14. we have spies everywhere, the pentagon papers showed only a portion of that.

Yeah, we have spies everywhere, except where it counts! On the ground!

and dont say anything about vietnam, we didnt have bunker busters in nam.

Too late...
The Vietnamese also didn't have reinforced bunkers. They had tunnel systems that were extensive, but not hard targets by any stretch of the imagination. The whole reason you can't win wars with ordinance is because ordinance needs big, stationary targets of the sort that don't exist in large quantities in under-developed nations with large expanses of rural/wilderness area like Vietnam and IRAN!

and we fought off hitler and japan pretty much single handedly, its thanks to the united states your all not dead or speaking german right now.

ROFLMAO I hope the next Russian or British WW2 historian you run into smacks you in the face with a glove and challenges you to a duel over those fighting words. What a nonsense thing to say, but no surprises there, eh?

oh and iran sucks and the people are ignorant, look at the way they treat woman, they are utter and complete idiots, they hang 17 year old girls for pretty much nothing, the people need to get educated.

Everybody needs to get educated, including you, I'll let the rest of your post speak for itself.

reasons why people think that iran can win.

1. they dont know # about america.
2. they hate americans
3. ignorant
4.dont know that americans are the best at killin and always will be.
5. have pride in some middle eastern country for some reason.
6. cant read.
7.cant read history books and facts dont register in thier heads.
8. small brain capacity

:shk:

[edit on 14-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Sure America won the war, but who is winning the "peace"?

Imo the war hasnt been won yet because Iraq isnt a stable democracy without large numbers of coalition troops on Iraqi soil.

Military superiority means nothing if all you end up with are people who want you out of their country.

You are partly correct having the ablity to win the hearts and minds battle is another part of "Military superiority."

America has created an enemy that will endure for decades, long after they even leave Iraq.

People in the middle east have been brainwashed to hate the USA for about 30 years.
Isnt it reasonable to assume that the US had enemys in the middle east before the 2003 invasion of Iraq ?

The tactics and enemy of WW2 have gone, military muscle does not win wars any more.

Once again you are partly correct correct . The political response to the "new enemys" was a gross failure. I think this is one of the reasons the Korean and Vietnam wars ended in defeat or stalemate.
I didnt support Gulf war 2 but Im glad that we have seen the end of "limted" wars.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
LOL at some threads here in this post

War with Iran wont be same as it was for Iraq
1)USA wont occupy Iran
2)Main goal with war in Iran would be to set Iran back couple decades.
3)USA and Allies will bomb everything by end of war there wont be a military for Iran like end of Gulf war 1 oh and im sure sanctions might be impossed too for certain things.
4)Russia and China might help rebuild Iran as a prize for staying out of war there fore they would get the oil and other things for themselves maybe.

Back to USA is best hmmm well its deffinalty spends enough dollars in black ops stuff, BUT you forget that the UK invented RADAR remeber and alot of other stuff too that USA bought, also UK invented atom bomb USA built it.

What If.... Iran has suitcase nuke bombs that Russia so opps daisy lost like 38 of them wasnt it??

What if.... Chemical weapons are used what would happen then, im sure Iran can lob of a fair amount of chemical tipped cruise missiles and rockets aimed at Israel, Europe, Iraq, possible other country's too.

I reckon Russia and China would help arm Iran before and during a war just to see how their weapons work against USA and Allies.

Would Russia and China go all out WW3 on West, i dont think they would its not worth the effort just for Iran.

Would the USA or Allies deploy any new black ops stuff in war on Iran i dont think so but you never know.

I think Iran has a few nukes already and might launch a few towards Israel, and Europe.

Also what that thing Iran said they have a plan inaction if attacked and 7 targets in WEST will be taken out instantly or something.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

and we fought off hitler and japan pretty much single handedly, its thanks to the united states your all not dead or speaking german right now.

ROFLMAO I hope the next Russian or British WW2 historian you run into smacks you in the face with a glove and challenges you to a duel over those fighting words. What a nonsense thing to say, but no surprises there, eh?

Allow me to do that right now for you.

I believe if you READ PROPERLY and PASSED 7th GRADE, you would know that it was under the assistance of Brittan, France, Russia and *not sure about this* Portugal. You think the US was the only Ally? psh! You wish.

[edit on 2-14-2006 by Shugo]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I dare to US to step into Iran, I swear to god you don't know how bad the insurgency will be over there, theres a reason why we Iranians had a good history with culture for like over 3,000 years and conquered like 70% of the world. You want your troops to die everyday in large numbers?, well thats fine by me go ahead after that don't be complaining saying your against the war now or you hate bush etc.....

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Bozorgh]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I would beg you to recall your statement, as you're no better than these people threatening to invade.

Does anyone besides me see the irony in these posts? Does anyone see the point to these posts? I don't.

Saying "Oh I could kill you" all day and night is plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
People in the middle east have been brainwashed to hate the USA for about 30 years.
Isnt it reasonable to assume that the US had enemys in the middle east before the 2003 invasion of Iraq ?

I believe this is true. But don't you think it is also reasonable to think before the two recent ME wars, or three (if you include Gulf War I), most were ambivalent about it, but the actions of the US of late sorta makes that brainwashing easier to believe.

Couldn't it be possible that prior to those war perhaps quite a significant portion of the population no longer detest the USA, but the invasions gave them fresh reason to believe in the old propaganda?

Please note I don't hate the USA, I just don't like the path your government is taking you through. It doesn't make much sense to me, what they claim they're doing and what I see happening. One couldn't help but wonder what they're not saying...

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think Bozorgh has a valid point and his view would be representitive of the majority in Iran..
Iran is NOT Iraq, they have a unified country that is already democratic, the problem is that they didn't vote for the person that the west wants.

Iran held off Iraq when it tried to invade by the shear weight of people it can throw into a war. Iraq was funded by the US with modern equipment and Iran still beat them to a halt.

If america invaded Iran, like it invaded Iraq, its reception would be totally different, the entire country would rise up against them, not just pockets of rebels.

You can gaurentee that Iran already has plans for a guerilla war with weapon stockpiles and plans etc. I don't believe America would have the manpower or equipment to subdue Iran and protect its soldiers.

Originally posted by Bozorgh
I dare to US to step into Iran, I swear to god you don't know how bad the insurgency will be over there, theres a reason why we Iranians had a good history with culture for like over 3,000 years and conquered like 70% of the world. You want your troops to die everyday in large numbers?, well thats fine by me go ahead after that don't be complaining saying your against the war now or you hate bush etc.....

CX

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightscape

Is that similar to the way we knew where the WMD's were in Iraq? Never been any confusion over that one eh?
I'm just glad Iraq did'nt have any nukes ready to throw at us if it takes that long to find the damn things!

CX.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm not going to read all the responses; I am sure there have been some good ones, and I am equally sure that there have been the usual ones from the usual suspects.
Ia ma going to go straight into my little ol' response.

Reasons not to destroy Iran;

The utter destruction of a nation would be WRONG!

Is Iran anywhere near what Nazi-Germany was, and was it uttterly destroyed? Of course not.

Please. We are not animals or savages.

My first thought was to wonder how this is applicable to WoT, but then it occured to me that the fact that someone would think this way is terrifying.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree with Tom. Whether we can and whether we should are entirely different things.

Of course we could obliterate Iran. We spend more money on our military than the whole world together. We are a button push away from just about any countries utter destruction...this should be sickening...not give you a boner nightscape.

Its sick...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Beachcoma you make an interesting point. I think the invasion of Iraq brought the USA enemys out of the wood work.
Cheers Xpert11.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join