It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescuer Talks About Sago Disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Mine rescuers are now talking about how the efforts at Sago Mine went. On Capitol Hill for the next few days, rescue workers who were at the Sago Mine Disaster are now explaining how rescue efforts were executed. The number of people testifying before a Congressional Committee include International Coal Group's ex - CEO Ben Hatfield.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Hundreds of feet below the earth's surface, Brett Bushong didn't find the sheer number of bodies inside the West Virginia mine jarring. The numbing part was how they looked so at peace.

Bushong, assigned the grim task with other members of an Illinois mine-rescue team of retrieving the dozen who died after the Jan. 2 explosion at the Sago Mine, remembers most of the 11 found cloistered together looking as if they were merely on break.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can relate to what these families have went through. Mining was and will continue to be a way of life here in West Virginia. It is also a dangerous job, and those miners realize that each time the go down into the mine, they might not ever make it back up to see the light of day again. Like I've said before, I'm from West Virginia and I'm proud to be.

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
12 of 13 W. Va. Miners Confirmed Dead (moved from ATSNN)

[edit on 2/13/2006 by gimmefootball400]

new topics

join