It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to find out if Father was German/Hungarian agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Many nazis and nazi pawns were relocated after the war. I've seen the movie the music box. I've wondered...is there a resource for finding out where these people went. Knowing how the nazis kept records it's surprising that there isn't a list somewhere of all those soldiers/operatives/doctors/etc. Anyone have advice on where to locate the truth? Are there any online photo albums of soldiers where a photo identification is possible?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What is the purpose of this?

A witch hunt?

Besides are not the jews doing this very thing as we type?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What is the purpose of this?

A witch hunt?

Besides are not the jews doing this very thing as we type?

There's no witchhunt here. just trying to resolve issues in my father/daughter relationship. Just trying to close the gap on inconsistencies. I'd like to do it before my father is gone so I may hope to have closure on a few things. Satisfied. Don't accuse me of a witch hunt you #####.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There is no need to call me such a name and if you do it again I will complain and that goes for anyone else around here for that matter.

Actually I made a concrete suggestion here. Jewish organizations have been hunting nazi's for years and I have to assume that they have a lot of information on this subject.

Outside of this approach your own government although since this information is so sensitive it may have been destroyed or there may be controls over it.

Frankly it is not my business but what does your fathers actions have to do with how your daughter sees you?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There is no need to call me such a name and if you do it again I will complain and that goes for anyone else around here for that matter.

Actually I made a concrete suggestion here. Jewish organizations have been hunting nazi's for years and I have to assume that they have a lot of information on this subject.

I apologize. It's a loaded subject for me. It's not my father and my daughter. He is my father and I am his daughter. I'll take your constructive suggestion about Jewish people searching for Nazis. I just thought there might be another group, conspiracy hunters who are aware of indirect conspirators to the nazis. I do not think my father was a direct Nazi...but his history and our history have caused me to raise many questions. I'm looking for concrete evidence before I broach this subject with him. He's already operating a few short of a deck.

Again, sorry...I thought your were admonishing me for my question. I'm emotional on this subject.
Outside of this approach your own government although since this information is so sensitive it may have been destroyed or there may be controls over it.

Frankly it is not my business but what does your fathers actions have to do with how your daughter sees you?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
not to be stupid, but if he's still living, couldn't you ask him or other family members? you could do the full online family history search, but I'm not sure if you'd find the info you're looking for. an offline search and a little detective work will probably serve you better.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
not to be stupid, but if he's still living, couldn't you ask him or other family members? you could do the full online family history search, but I'm not sure if you'd find the info you're looking for. an offline search and a little detective work will probably serve you better.

Couldn't I ask him? He's not all he used to be. I don't want to crush an old man who doesn't have these demons. I'd like to do some homework and then ask questions. There are many demons I have to ask him about. Some he no longer has the intellectual capacity or social understanding to properly answer.

I could ask others in the family but I don't want to sound like a scheming traitor. Particularly if they see nothing wrong with their past associations...and if they're involved. I've not had much luck with historical databases.

Here are a few points:
- There have been multiple name changes which make tracking difficult
- There have been relatives who left Europe under cover of night for fear of war crimes trials. They ended up in Australia.
- There was my grandmother who was called down to the secret police and then the communists summons was discovered (long story)
- Same grandmother came to US fearing the communists followng her. She committed suicide by jumping off the balcony of our house. Now the family says it wasn't a suicide. Years ago I heard there was a note. The note is no longer acknowledged (possibly because she was catholic and the fear of suicide being known questioning her fate)
- Father's office was near the secret service. Was asked to joing the communist party but never did, despite threats to him
- Father escaped under cover of night and became a US citizen 6 years after coming to the US
- Father visited South America and Venezuela despite not knowing anyone there.
There's a bunch more craziness...but that's the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
just an idea that may or may not be of any use to you.......

have you thought about contacting the Simon Weisenthal centre? they might have something on him if he was high up enough or they may not.

The other possibility is contacting the Hungarian government or seeing if there are centers in Hungary who do the same work as the Weisenthal centre.

Good luck with it

top topics

join