It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P.E.P (Pulsed Energy Projectile)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You'll have to forgive me if a thread about this, while it was more experimental was created in the past, I generally do not frequesnt this section of the site, so yeah.

Anyways, PEP (Pulsed Energy Projectile)

The object of the Pulsed Energy Projectile (PEP) program is to develop and demonstrate the technology necessary to produce a counter personnel non-lethal directed energy weapon providing controllable bio-effects to deter, disable, and distract individuals.

The device directs an invisible induced plasma pulse at a target that will create a flash-bang near the intended target.

This counterpersonnel capability projects a beam that creates a plasma pulse at the target. When the plasma pulse strikes an individual, it results in a flash-bang effect that startles and distracts, and it also has a kinetic effect on the individual's nerve sensors.

SOURCES:
GlobalSecurity*DefenseTe ch

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Already being used for riot control in the U.S. I believe. Couldn´t find a picture, but it is mobile, it looks like a mobile sattelite dish.

Being tested and used in Iraq as well.

Causes nausea, disorientation and severe headaches.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I´m wrong. The device I meant is to be found and described in Police State III by Alex Jones, the one you mean is here (including pictures).

Edit: found it. The one I saw was most likely the L.R.A.D. Long Range Acoustic Device. Now on a street near you.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

At different power levels, those expanding plasmas could deliver a harmless warning, stun the target, or disable them - all with pinpoint laser precision from a mile away.

Wow...thats damn impressive. A Rifle with a silencer got nothin on this.
simply adjust the device and you could temporaly paralyse your enemy from a mile away...this device has a big future...especially if they (eventually) could get it down to a small portable size...that would basically end all riots immediatly.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It would end all riots.

But easily end all protests also. Even if the US doesnt/wouldnt use it that way many of our allies with access to our arms would.

Personally I'm not sure less then lethal will be a good thing. It all but eliminates the moral portions of shooting someone. At the same time it can be abused for just as evil purposes.

Basically I'm saying it will be a whole hell of a lot easier for a cop/soldier to sleep at night dispersing a crowd with this instead of bullets. No matter if that crowd was actually doing anything wrong.

It may or may not be used to take OUR rights away but I guarentee it will be in many other places.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
I´m wrong. The device I meant is to be found and described in Police State III by Alex Jones, the one you mean is here (including pictures).

Edit: found it. The one I saw was most likely the L.R.A.D. Long Range Acoustic Device. Now on a street near you.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by HardToGet]

Better than rubber bullets and beanbags.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Decent artical about the PEP on this thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Be interested to see the mechanization of this.

To my knowledge, you cannot spontaneously create plasma from air alone at a distance from a 'projector'. Even from to opposed projectors I don't see how the wave density could be phased to create frictive heating without a whole host of secondary (more than lethal) effects from secondary beam splash.

OTOH, Pulsed Power applications usually involve large electrical energies, not light based ones, and the radiation created by 'ducting' these capacitor charged pulses through a suitable material composite (copper and mesh alloys thereof) to further magnify their specific weapons grade effect is not insignificant.

Similar to (ruining) a microwave by putting a an arc source in it. Except, as a 'gun', now the radiation stream is free-air and, depending on wet the latter is, may arc /on the way/. To and through any grounded objects.

If the 'projectile' is made on-mount then the amount of energy necessary to cast it X-distance will determine the amount of damage a person receives (as with a standard 'bullet' based device).

If the effect is localized to the creation of plasma on or about the parts of a person's apparel or possessions that will respond to microwaves or similar energy sources then both the swath effect of the beam and it's relative-to-target (unknowable with today's sensors) pyrophoric and kinetic properties will not be taggable to individuals at range X so much as the total 'herd mass' sum of anyone inbetween or alongside.

The 'laser' if anything, sounds more like the precursor to gauge range and perhaps target mass as well as to ionize a propogation channel for the followon weapon effect.

So sorry, but whether someone is throwing rocks or molotov cocktails or inciteful speech (or whatever else is deemed dangerous to the public welfare), I'd just as soon you use a specific projectile to target HIS spatial occupation zone (think vertical) rather than sweep across mine, behind or in front of or latterally displaced due to scintillation or direct strobing.

Because I may not be able to move in a packed crowd. I may not even be able to DETECT the specific cause of danger and under extreme conditions won't even know there IS a threat.

KPl.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No, nothing like that i, it really does create plasma where it hits -

www.dtic.mil... gives you the low-down

Inverse Brehmstraulung??

top topics

join