It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A coalition of U.S.-U.K.-France-Germany is fearsome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
cruise missiles fly low and below 1 mach. They are fired during night time and very probable they will be fired from Mediteranean sea to avoid detection. so they have to fly over iranian western mts.

Why?
Theres already a large US and UK taskforce there, plus most modern warships are protected by CIWS systems.

Hell they could use the US subfleet to destroy a large portion of the facilities, unless the iranians are planning on taking over the gulf with an ASW force?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
the best way for the iranians to get at the US/ allied fleet is the same as they did in the 80's mine the straights at the enterance to the gulf.

Their subs can carry mines or they could desguise a fishing boat

[edit on 17-2-2006 by paperplane_uk]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
the best way for the iranians to get at the US/ allied fllet is the same as they did in the 80's mine the straights at the neterance to the gulf.

Their subs can carry mines or they could desguise a fishing boat

Na I say we just get one of the new marine fast boats and go wreck the place, muw ha ha

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Would imagine that this coalition would have very little trouble over running Iran.Then what do you get, decades of civil unrest, suicide bombings, a breeding ground for future terrorists. Sounds like a smart business plan if you wanted a reason for ongoing military actions for years to come.Not that any of our current leaders would want anything like that.Chances are they are not that stupid.(i hope).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join