It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore kisses up to the Saudis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Former VP Al Gore was in Saudi Arabia this past weekend, sucking up to the Saudi's. He blasted the US treatment of Saudi's after the 9/11 terror attack:

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia -- Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.
Gore

At least Gore seems to agree that Iran shouldn't have the bomb.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well who around in our political circles is not doing the same thing.

I guess if Bush can suck up to them to the point of selling our ports in major coastal cities to be administered by the Emirates then I guess any politician should be sucking up to them.

I guess they are trustworthy after all who knows even Al-qaida link employees will have access to our port with the Saudis in charge.

Don't you love our political leaders and how they sleep with the enemy and sell our nation to the highest bider.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hmmm...I seem to have lost some of my post..

Well marg, at least Bush doesn't bash the US, like Gore did.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

What's wrong with the truth?

Gore complained of "endemic hyper-corruption" among Tehran's religious and political elite and asked Arabs to take a stand against Iran's nuclear program.

Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes but the United States and other Western countries suspect Tehran is trying to develop nuclear weapons.

"Is it only for the West to say this is dangerous?" Gore asked. "We should have more people in this region saying this is dangerous."

More truth handed out with chastizement....again, where's the beef?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a problem with a man who may be planning to run for president in 2008 going over to the Middle East and speaking against the American government.

I guess he felt he needed to practice his butt kissing now so he'd be in top form to beg for the Democratic nomination.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wonder how much they paid him??

Of course he charged a fee and he pretty much stabbed America in the back. Thank God this Moron did not become POTUS.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I have a problem with a man who may be planning to run for president in 2008 going over to the Middle East and speaking against the American government.

If we're wrong, relevant to over stepping gov. actions, and it is globally accepted that we have been, why shouldn't he? In speaking against the specifics of Civil Rights violations against Arabs?
Republicans have this Drunk Uncle complex - "don't let Uncle Bill drink & he won't fondle the kids...let's not talk about it" that doesn't wash in most US cultures, let alone on the world stage.
Mia Culpas are in order, but they won't come from the perps in this administration. Our economic well being depends on it moving forward.
Also, President-in-Exile Gore was speaking at an Economic summit attended by World Heads of State - the characterzation that he went cowboy and hopped a flight to Arabia in order to bad mouth the US & collect a speaking fee in not only wrong but willfully misleading.

top topics

join