It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Forgive me but I was not 100% sure which board to post this in.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any of these NDE and if so, What happened, When, what caused it?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
yes, I have had a wierd experience. But i don't think it was near death. I had an astral projection where i have actually gone to the otherside. Meaning heaven or whatever you call it. Well everything was so bright and beautiful. The grass was so pretty it was sparkling in all of its glory. I was walking down a stone path, and there were many dogs running around. There were also cherry blossom trees, and the petals were slowly falling. it was so gorgeous, the most beautiful thing you could ever imagine. Also, the sky was a blue that is not in the color pallete. It was bright, and it seemed to have many other colors in it. Everything seemed like it was magnified with clarity at the most. I hope to go back their soon because it was a wonderful experience. But other than astral projections and OBES, I haven't had a near death experience.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was only 2 when this happened so I have no memory of it. My father was in the hospital, he had a lung disease, pretty much was laying on his death-bed..he actually died for 30 seconds or so, long enough for him to contact the other side.. he says he left his body, actually he was above himself, looking art himself dying. Then he said he saw a light, he was heading towards it, then he was talking to a man dressed in black, and dad was arguing with it saying he can't die right now.. then the next thing he knew he was awake in the bed.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hit by a car. (so the answer is yes) I was in a black space waiting for God to tell me where to go.
Now i assumed there would be a God...I had no clue as to my life on earth, just the present moment.

Interstingly enough as I waited I figured God would let me in heaven anyway. This is quite unusual for someone being raised in a pentacostal, loose your salvation as you walk out the door mentality.

I felt God is not angry at me, whatever God is, and as I had that thought, I woke up bleeding on teh ground being loaded into an ambulance, etc. This was a bit liberating for someone who was always afraid of hell.

Now I do not follow the Christian path. Jesus is still cool with me, but check out Pauls teachings and Jesus and they say we are God.

Thats it for now

peace

dalen

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My nan had this,

She was in hospital and her appendix opened and leaked, so her body was being poisoned,

she remembers feeling very tired then there being a load of light around her,

she knew that she was dead, she felt like she was traveling through a small tunnel and at the end she saw her a man, (shes not sure who)

she started crying saying she wanted her mom who was alive, he told her it was not her time to come just yet!

With that she was pulled in to darkness, she remembers feeling and hereing something and was very scared, she heard whispers of I'm coming to get you,

next thing she felt a major pain and she opened her eyes and she was surrounded by doctors, and a doc turned around and shouted , shes alive!

She found out after a few days that she had died, but they managed after 5 min;s to get her back,

This al happened when she was 18yrs, she is now 80

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
several years ago i was attacked by a gang that thought i was a member of a rival gang here in nyc.i was beaten pretty much to a pulp and stabbed 7 times.all i remember i was in a dark area but very near to a bright light place but could'nt get to it.i was scared "pure fear" then i was surrounded by a few people that i felt i knew holding me,even though i could'nt see they faces.they said to not to worry that i'll be home very soon and that they are protecting me.proctecting me from who or what i have no idea but i felt at peace with them.3 week laters i awoke from my acoma. nde's are very real.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just a side not eon such things. When you die a chemical is realesed from your brain called '___'. On the first 50 days with a baby there are high levels of '___' activity in the brain. '___' is also what is used to create dreams. Some people would love to think a dream is just a dream but I beg to differ. It seems as an entry and exit point of life as well as some sort of message base as far as dreams go.

Anyway yeah I have had one I provoked and it is by far a life changing moment. I suppose there is a reason for everything. I picked up a message from a figure which gave me a feeling of empathy and forgiving and also left me wanting to learn more. Sorry not uch detail but some things are just sacred.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nsawantsmedead
Just a side not eon such things. When you die a chemical is realesed from your brain called '___'. On the first 50 days with a baby there are high levels of '___' activity in the brain. '___' is also what is used to create dreams. Some people would love to think a dream is just a dream but I beg to differ. It seems as an entry and exit point of life as well as some sort of message base as far as dreams go.

Anyway yeah I have had one I provoked and it is by far a life changing moment. I suppose there is a reason for everything. I picked up a message from a figure which gave me a feeling of empathy and forgiving and also left me wanting to learn more. Sorry not uch detail but some things are just sacred.

So you don't think your NDE was real?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i was going to start a thread about this but searched before and found this, i have recently lost someone very close to me and i do find these accounts reassuring, hope NDE is a real thing, and there is more to life than just this.

So please if anyone else has similar experience, post it up, i for one would love to hear them.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Near Death Experience is just a spontanious, unplanned version of Out of Body Experience, also known as Astral Projection.

Some would go as far as to say that you could project and talk to your dead loved one yourself. Google for more information, or check the dozens of threads on the topic. I also made a very basic podcast "Introduction to astral projection" as well.

Click the tag "astral projection" at the bottom of this page to get started on some good threads on the topic.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Near Death Experience is just a spontanious, unplanned version of Out of Body Experience, also known as Astral Projection.

So is it your opinion that its a very "human" reaction, whether realised or not, and not something spiritual continuing when the body is dead.?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is a spiritual thing that happens naturally after death. But it is also completely possible while you are still alive, for bits at a time. It happens every night when you go to sleep. And there are techniques whereby you can simply go and lay down and induce the same thing right now. It is real, and you can willingly leave your body and do the same thing as what happens in an NDE.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
It is a spiritual thing that happens naturally after death. But it is also completely possible while you are still alive, for bits at a time. It happens every night when you go to sleep. And there are techniques whereby you can simply go and lay down and induce the same thing right now. It is real, and you can willingly leave your body and do the same thing as what happens in an NDE.

Just curious, but do you believe in life after death in some form ie, reincarnation, heaven etc etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am a bit undecided myself. I sure hope there is, because I don't want to simply stop existing. But I will say that if you have an astral projection/out of body experience, you will likely have no doubt in your mind that there is more to life than just the physical sense of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im not sure if NDE's and OBE's are the same, they seem to share the same symptoms apart from in OBE's you dont tend to see a white tunnel or light or relatives etc.... The doctors reports of people being born blind and then being able to see when clinically dead really fastanates me.. if that isnt proof then I dont know what is.. then again it could just be a form of remote viewing but then its funny how it happens when there dead..

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
when i was in grade 4 i had a NDE i was doing high jump for a track and field tournament and i jumped over the mat and hit landed on my head and had my 4th concussion and they thought i was dead. But i remeber seeing a golden light like a picture of a thin diamond but thats all i remember

new topics

top topics

join