It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perfect opportunity!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

If everybody in this country maintains the mentality that there is nothing we can do to obtain 'human rights' in this nation, simply because we have taken them for granted and done nothing in the past,
you are probably right.

It's is easy for you to say this while you sit at your computer. What do you suggest we do to make changes? Seriously. What do you or any of us truly have the power to do? I'm just being realistic friend...I don't live in a dream world...I live in reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This thread is about Monsanto - one of the main concerns is that Monsanto interests hold key positions in federal oversight agencies.

...There still may be conflict-of-interest guidelines on the books - so enforce them - demand they be enforced - or create decent guidelines, designed to protect ordinary people.

XL5

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If ATS and its members could be transported back in time before WW2, would exposing hiltlers plots and family still be T&C violation? We can complain all we want, the more we complain, the happier we are and happy people buy stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am looking for suggestions, Seriously!
WE have the power to do more than you give US credit for.

Don't think I won't get off my fat ass and go 'out-there' and DO something, I'm at the computer much less than you would believe.
There must be a solution to this because MONSANTO IS an obtainable target. At some point this administration would either have to acknowledge and try to condone their relationship with the people who are treating US like lab-rats, or they would have to 'sever their ties' and treat them like an enemy, or a 'terrorist' organization.
THAT is what they are!
The only 'event' that has to happen would be a short line of questioning directed at the President. Nobody has even asked him to acknowledge this entity's existence, or their presence in 'his' administration.

And if more people understood that we are actually being 'attacked' by these GENE GIANTS,
somebody might come up with a proper plan to expose what is happening.

For some reason I assumed that since this information and the conflict of interest it poses with our government is so 'right now' and blatant, that it would spread like wilfire through the web,
to me it appears as if this is the ultimate controversy.

Several of MONSANTO's products have been linked to cancer, several more are proven killers, they have no conscious when it comes to contaminating rivers, lakes, or entire communities, then intentionally lying and covering up the effects and quantities of their hazzardous waste,
And they run the White-House.

Please don't think I am not aware that it all seems a little too unrealistic...
this event didn't even slow them down.
Anniston, Alabama

If you believe this is pertinent to what is happening to US, and it is also NEWS to you, maybe the other people you communicate with online would be interested in this information too!

Spread the word ! PLEASE !
It can't hurt people anymore than it already is.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible

Several of MONSANTO's products have been linked to cancer, several more are proven killers, they have no conscious when it comes to contaminating rivers, lakes, or entire communities, then intentionally lying and covering up the effects and quantities of their hazzardous waste,
And they run the White-House.

Please don't think I am not aware that it all seems a little too unrealistic...
this event didn't even slow them down.
Anniston, Alabama

Great link submersible. Thanks. Need to quote a bit here...

In the Washington Post article (Jan 1, 2002) "Monsanto Hid Decades Of Pollution PCBs Drenched Ala. Town, But No One Was Ever Told" a grim story of Monsanto's treacherous behavior in Anniston Alabama was revealed. It is summed up in this chilling paragraph: "They also know that for nearly 40 years, while producing the now-banned industrial coolants known as PCBs at a local factory, Monsanto Co. routinely discharged toxic waste into a west Anniston creek and dumped millions of pounds of PCBs into oozing open-pit landfills. And thousands of pages of Monsanto documents -- many emblazoned with warnings such as "CONFIDENTIAL: Read and Destroy" -- show that for decades, the corporate giant concealed what it did and what it knew." [1] (www.commondreams.org...) [2] (www.chemicalindustryarchives.org...)

"In 1966, Monsanto managers discovered that fish submerged in that creek turned belly-up within 10 seconds, spurting blood and shedding skin as if dunked into boiling water. They told no one."

"Sylvester Harris, 63, an undertaker who lived across the street from the plant, said he always thought he was burying too many young children. 'I knew something was wrong around here,' he said."

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For their actions in Anniston Alabama, MONSANTO was found guilty of ,
"a tort of outrage"

A phrase reserved for conduct that is so reprehensible that it shocks any civilized person.

Then they took the white house, they control the war and first hand manipulate our 'addiction' to oil.
Now they also have the ability to influence over 80% of the planted crops in the world.

www.occupationalhazards.com...

The jury apparently agreed with plaintiff attorney Donald Stewart, who claims that Monsanto, Solutia and Pharmacia did everything they could "to cover up the PCB problem and avoid cleaning up the mess. No one could find out the extent or nature of the contamination and what it had done to this community."

This statement applies to all of us, since the EPA allows industrial sources of pollution to report their toxic discharges by the TON, and utilizing the 'honor system' to gather this information, we will never be able to determine our level of exposure to certain chemicals.

I said this in another similar thread,
what the EPA is doing to protect our environment, is as effective as the DEA waiting for individual drug dealers to send in their annual sales, without question, and only investigating those who might accidentally dump a truckload of crack or heroin into the streets.

If you look, the EPA and the FDA does not have an 'enforcement' dept, no pollution 'prevention' division, no intelligence, none what so ever.

And that's OUR fault.

The PCB's that they were producing can be found in approx. 50% of the electricity transformers that you see on the common utility pole today. The newer one's have a sticker on the bottom that sais "PCB-Free", I learned about this 10 years ago as a fireman because transformer fires are not uncommon, they just didn't inform the fireman or the 'general public' that inhaling the fumes from a transformer fire would take a coat of skin off of your lungs untill the mid 90's.
Much like the freon-12 that is still flowing through the majority of our HVAC and refridgeration systems, the EPA does not make any effort to restrict the release of the 100 million or more tons of this chemical that will be discharged when your A/C or refridgerator goes out. Other than writen policies that they are not obligated or inclined to enforce.

That's how it works, according to 'the rules', it is not our government's responsibility to keep these creeps out of our grocery basket.

I wish I had the balls to go out and blow somebody's stuff up !

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ethical Investing

Help Stop the Terminator

This article from 1999 explains how MONSANTO's mind was changed about their "terminator seeds".

"How Monsanto's mind was changed"

This one is from 2005 .
Monsanto's new 'pledge' on Terminator

Originally posted by Enkidu
"If you really want to accomplish something, you need to push back away from the computer, retreat into real anonymity, and start developing plans to actively deal with the problem. I don't think I need to be more specific than that.

Hopefully the scenario you recommend me taking has been done by someone else several years ago, and that person is almost ready to come back and 'deal with this problem' appropriately.

I am very anxious to see what color these two-headed snakes bleed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join