It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBAY - Human Souls for Sale

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I'm surprised no one has said this already...

What's to stop somebody from 'selling their soul' multiple times? I mean, if you bid $10 on my 'soul' and I ship you a certificate saying so, how would you know if I hadn't already sold my soul a dozen times already? For all you know, SimonGray, SkepticOverlord and Springer might have each bought my soul, one in January, one in December, one in November.

I wonder if it's considered fraud to sell your soul multiple times... I suppose you could get around it by selling a 'piece' of your soul, rather than the whole thing.

For the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!! I am suprised that the above was able to be posted in reality. If you were really selling your soul, you wouldn't be able to sell it again! This is not serious. This is not real. If you believe it is you are completely off base, and probably menatlly insane! It is all fake, and for those who are taking this eriously, all I can say is....WOW.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

First off... (I cant even believe I'm even participating in this post) .. WOW is right!

First off... ok.. lol... I'll bite, EVEN IF YOU COULD sell your soul.. lol.. on ..
E.. BAY... (my ribs hurt lol) .. do you REALLY believe whats written on the NON-NOTORIZED piece of paper is real information?

I mean "Jade August"??? C-mon guys- thats a strippers name! Can this be any more transparent?

ok.. Im done ... peace

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
When you guys can fully disprove both the existance of a soul, and the fact that you can sell a soul, then you can ridicule. Until then, shut the
up, because you're the ones that sound like complete idiots yourself .
Stop flaming for no reason. kthanx.

By the way, I don't think anybody here truely believes it is possible anyways. We are talking about hypotheticals. Things you would have to watch out for. It's no different than discussing the paradoxes of time travel. Stop ruining the fun, lest ye get your core beliefs made fun of as well. Let people enjoy their delusions without being unjustifyably mocked.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
When you guys can fully disprove both the existance of a soul, and the fact that you can sell a soul, then you can ridicule. Until then, shut the

Actually I quite agree with them. There is nothing "wrong" with people on ebay swindling gullible folks if you're stupid enough to fall for it. And you can tell me to
up when you can prove the existence of a soul. It is a humorous situation, whats wrong with a humorous retort?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I agree that someone that gullible deserves to get swindled out of their money, but I don't feel the response was humorous, I thought it was quite ignorant.

They could have just as easily gotten their message across without using phrases like

"For the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"This is not serious. This is not real. If you believe it is you are completely off base, and probably menatlly insane! It is all fake, and for those who are taking this eriously, all I can say is....WOW."
"(my ribs hurt lol)"

etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You mean I really can't buy a new soul? Damn talk about a buzzkill
What am I gonna do when this one gets old and decrepid?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
You mean I really can't buy a new soul? Damn talk about a buzzkill
What am I gonna do when this one gets old and decrepid?

Well we learned from south park I believe that gingers have no souls.....

So hookers it is. Just kill a few and take their soul. You'll have a life time supply. Make a mess? Simply sell it off and get another one. It's the gift that keeps on giving....for one person at least, seeing as the other's dead.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This topic is a very interesting one I've spent lots of time on... In the end I was left with the conclusion that technically you cannot sell your soul to anyone.

Can you actually sell your soul to the devil?
1. First you need to believe that you actually have a soul.

2. Secondly you need to believe that the devil\Satan\Lucifer exists. Which is a bit controversial because if you believe in the devil, then you'll probably believe in hell and everything that come with the package. I.e. who in his right mind is up for torture, pain and torment for the rest of eternity?

3. So you decide you want to sell your soul to the devil... How do you contact him? Is there a hotline to hell...? (Hope someone got that one... )

4. OK, so you phone up the devil and he actually answers. Who says he wants to buy your soul? If you are a Christian (or one of the other religions), then you believe that your God/god is your saviour. If not, then you are going to hell anyway. So in order for the devil to be up for the transaction, then you must have a valuable soul to buy, right? Like, let's say the Pope. But then if the Pope decides to sell his soul to the devil, then he would by definition not be a Christian anymore, i.e. the devil has claim to his soul anyway! Sounds like a catch 22...

5. Say you convince the devil that you have a soul worth buying, would the price be right? Would he buy your soul for $10,000,000? Or would you need to negotiate the price? Would you end up paying with your soul and a left arm for $3,000,000 and the ability to charm any girl? And what's the current going price for souls anyway?

6. OK, so you sold your soul and your left arm for a couple of greenbacks... You spend it all in a year, end up on the street, and realize that you are now screwed. Can you go confess your sins before God/your god and you get your soul back? Or is there no turning back once you sold your soul, no matter how much you pray or accept Jesus or one of the other gods as your Saviour?

From www.abovetopsecret.com...

HS

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
howdy folks,

You can't sell a soul. A soul is all your emotions. If you sell your emotions you have no way to feel. Without feelings there is no memory. I tried to give away my soul to the cosmos and had a vision of a ring and key inside me that the vision of the Green Energy King gave me.
A soul is a gift of God and you can not even give it back to God. So how is anyone going to sell a soul to a person? It may be that when you pass on that your soul is a gift to God.
And that thought my friends, and fellow visionaries, makes my very happy eyeballs sweat. God will take the soul from the body when the time comes, trust in God. For the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Blessed be.

Happy Valentines Day
Honor Seed

HS

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Gemwolf :

No problem with me believing there are souls. I do however have a problem believing there is a devil.

HS

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HS
Gemwolf :

No problem with me believing there are souls. I do however have a problem believing there is a devil.

HS

I don't see anything wrong with your view/definition of souls, maybe a bit more philosophical than religious based, but a perfectly sensible one. What I don't understand is how you believe in God but not in the devil? Does your beliefs thus just have the God figure but not an antagonist? What exactly is your religion if I may ask?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

By the way, I don't think anybody here truely believes it is possible anyways. We are talking about hypotheticals. Things you would have to watch out for. It's no different than discussing the paradoxes of time travel. Stop ruining the fun, lest ye get your core beliefs made fun of as well. Let people enjoy their delusions without being unjustifyably mocked.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

You shut the """ up!

I am sorry but this is the most ridiculous conversation I have seen on ATS. These people are not selling their souls. They are selling a peice of paper. If you have a soul...and it is possible to sell it, I don't think that claiming to be selling it on Ebay is how that works. If you do, you are a complete fool.

Sorry to be blundt, but your mental process and logic is disturbing. Hypothetically....there should be no discusion here. Lighten up.

And don't tell me to shut the """ up. I am not the one acting like an idiot here.

For the mods who are probably going to give me greif about this, I hope you look at the reasons I lashed out at this guy. He told me to again, "shut the """" up". That bothered me, as it should have.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm not disputing the existence of a soul- not at all. What I was responding to was the absurdity of this subject.

I'm very much into the"psycology" behind people, why they say and do what they do, how they work. When I read this post- I was SHOCKED of the lack of COMMON SENSE that should have been applied from the get go. I intially thought the post was going to be a light-hearted chuckle regarding some shelps atempt to swindle people.

I did not see it coming- people actually BELIEVED this!!! And dont tell me that you were all speaking "hypothetically".. there was definately commintment in believing this would be possible.

I have NEVER flamed ANYONE ever on this board- check my posts, you'll see. So I'm sorry if i hurt anyones feelings- but it was knee jerk reaction to the most absurd thing I've read on ATS.

Since were the subject, I'm going to auction off a ghost that I have trapped in a peanut butter jar- anyone interested before I post it on ebay (I have the paper work)?

I had to.. I'm sorry!

Bygons & peace

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
is this any different than selling french toast with the image of Jesus in it?

or a haunted piece of chewing gum?

no. these are novelty things that people do in an attempt to take advantage of the stupidity of the american public.

when there's a bidding war for a balloon that is cursed by the spirit of a dead cat, you have a problem.

ebay is nothing more than an mall that caters to every person on the planet. there's antiques, collectibles, live fish, toys, furniture and garbage, actual garbage.

the fact that people are willing to pay for the garbage speaks volumes about the consumer mentality.

ok, now that I've said that, I need to go post my ad for the used tissue with the image of satan in the snot and the spirit of Elvis making it dance. no, it ain't the boogey, it's the spirit of elvis.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
For the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's obnoxious and it is at an emotional level that
isn't necessary for this discussion.

I am suprised that the above was able to be posted in reality.

ATS doesn't (usually) censor free speech and it recognizes that
there are many different people with many different beliefs.
If you want 'group think' then go to democraticunderground.com
or tribfarces.com or one of the other pathetic sites on the internet
that shuts people down and out who don't fall in line goose-step
style. This isn't one of those places.

If you were really selling your soul, you wouldn't
be able to sell it again!

Not necessarily true. MANY crooks sell and resell the same
item. It's a criminal venture when it's done and that is why
it was brought up. There are no laws against multiple
selling of souls and no consumer safety nets. Therefore
people could put their souls up, and then resell them
(just the paper of course
) and the buyer wouldn't
know about it.

And frankly, we are all having fun with the 'what if's' and the
'bad business' of selling souls. We are allowed to have fun
discussing it ... if you don't like it, hike off.

The PURPOSE of posting this thread to begin with -

1 - because it was awesomely stupid of people to buy these things.
2 - because it was awesomely stupid (or brilliant, depending on
how you look at it) for people to sell these things.
3 - because some people DO believe in the soul and DO believe in
the ability of a person to give oneself totally to another entity -
be it human or spirit (devil) and the fact that a person, of their
own free will, is advertising that they wish to do so is both
shocking and a sad thing to those who believe in the metaphysical.

There are A LOT of people here who believe in the metaphysical
in one way or another. You should be more tolerant of those
who do.

[edit on 2/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
2. Secondly you need to believe that the devil\Satan\Lucifer exists.

Actually, these folks are selling their souls to whoever wants them.
The devil, family, friends, strangers, .... whoever wants it.
No need to believe in the devil.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
I'm very much into the"psycology" behind people,

Yeah? I was a psychology major.

I was SHOCKED of the lack of COMMON SENSE
...- people actually BELIEVED this!!!

Some do. Some are having fun. For some of us, it's both.
As far as 'common sense' goes .. depending on a person's
metaphysical beliefs .. those that believe in the spirit world
and spiritual things would consider YOU lacking common
sense not to see the potential danger in a person being
willing to give their most inner self over fully in slavery to
anyone who wanted it.

My long distance diagnosis - this is just kids doing things
on the internet that they think is funny - such as in my
day we went 'cow tipping' or toilet papered houses.

dont tell me that you were all speaking "hypothetically"

Why would anyone do that? No one is 'hiding' or anything.
geeeeeeeeze! (kinda coming on 'high-brow'
)

it was knee jerk reaction to the most absurd
thing I've read on ATS.

Then you haven't been around enough. Go to BTS religion
forum. THAT has the most absurd stuff on ATS - by far.

I'm going to auction off a ghost that I have
trapped in a peanut butter jar-

NOW you are getting into the 'spirit' of the thing! (get it?)
Excellent. Go on EBAY and auction it. You'll make some money
for sure.
Let us know how much you make!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Your position on this subject and why you posted it in the first place I happen to agree with hole-heartedly. No beef there.

I EXPECTED it to be a light-heated chuckle of sorts... Since you "majored" in psycology (I minored), then I KNOW you can understand my curiousity in how people can jump right in and debate whether its "binding to satan" etc... without even challenging the legitimacy of it all.

You MAJORED in psycology- on a sociological level- isnt it funny that someone would even auction such a thing and just as funny that there are good decent people who will buy it?

I have NOTHING against those that chose to swallow the hook line and sinker- hell, the world needs these people, as I'm sure you were taught in psyche 101

Final word- I DO believe in a soul. I DO believe in spirituality. I DO believe in a "spirit world" .. though i call it by a different name.

In your honest acedemic opinion, do you believe that common sense was applied when "they" deducted that in this given incedent a soul could be sold this way?

Bygons & peace

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The selling of a soul in itself demonstrates a belief in a God since the existence of a soul is faith based.

In some manner it is the extension, and the reverse of, the Pardoners; those parties of yesteryears who, for a price, would take your sins as their own.

Personally, I don't see the stock rising so I'll wait for the year end closeout and two for one with the 40% discount unless they start an ad campaign assuring me 'the more you buy, the more you save.'

IMHO,

G

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
how people can jump right in and debate whether its
"binding to satan" etc... without even challenging the
legitimacy of it all.

You have crossed from the science of psychogy into the
metaphysical sciences. Rational secular humanism and
the science of psychology do not acknowledge that which
can not be measured .. the metaphysical. That doesn't
mean it isn't real ... it just means that science views
metaphysics as irrational - right or wrong - that's how
it's viewed. Almost to a jealousy ...

Funny thing ... when I took Behavioral Psychology, I was
told by the book and the profs that it was THE reason
people acted the way they did. It was the 'bottom line'
in behavior. When I took Evolutionary Psychology
I was told it was THE reason people acted the way they
did. It was the 'bottom line' in behavior. When I
took sociology I was told that it was the 'bottom line'
in behavior and that it was THE reason people acted the
way they did.

Everybody thought their particular specialty and/or field
was the 'IT' that was the key to human behavior and all
others fell seriously short.

Don't forget, from a SOCIOLOGY point of view, one of the
best ways to study humans in society is to become part of
their world (so to say). Jump in!

Also - there would be no way to have physical proof of a
legal agreement with Satan. So a challenge to that
would go unanswered. It's an impossible challenge
and it's impossible to prove.

I think a lot of the debate you saw was just wild
speculation. Such as the debate I was having about
lemon-laws ... how would you return a soul you were
unhappy with or that came damaged? I know that
itsn't possible, but I'm just fooling around with the
legalities of business and what is for sale (or allegedly
for sale) on EBAY.

on a sociological level- isnt it funny that someone would
even auction such a thing and just as funny that there
are good decent people who will buy it?

Sociological or psychological? either one would make an
interesting study, eh?? What in society leads a person
to feel their souls are something to be toyed with and
sold .. like spiritual slavery?? OR ... what leads a person
to feel free of the religious bonds that have held people
down for so many centuries that they would 'sell their
souls' on EBAY in a protest against organized religion??

Is this a cry for help? Is it a cry of freedom? Is it smart
business? (you could make some money) Is it spiritually
dangerous? Bad Karma??

As far as good people willing to buy .. yep, I'm sure that
if those on the 'right' were so inclined, they'd buy the
souls, get the paperwork, and sign the souls over to
God like you do with checks and such. I kinda' fooled
around saying that on an earlier page.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join