It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBAY - Human Souls for Sale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ebay is selling human souls. Really.
They come with paperwork and the
full approval of the humans selling them.

1 - This is sad. People think so little of
themselves, of the spiritual as well, that
they'd sell their souls.

2 - Also sad ... people buying the souls
think so little of them that, at this time,
one is only going for $10.

3 - QUESTION - since the people are
voluntarily selling their souls, what would
happen if a representative of an evil
force bought it?? Like a priest for the
demonic or whatever. I wonder if it
would be spiritually binding.

Bet it would. Take a look. Here are
two. There were more. But here are
a few to show you -

cgi.ebay.com

cgi.ebay.com

mod edit to shorten links

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That is horrendous!!
Ebay is slumming and taking advantage of those who have no idea what they are doing.
They cannot sell body parts..How can Ebay sink so low?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is actually not a new phenomenon, and EBAY does not like nor promote this, but it happens nonetheless.

The first I heard about this was back in 2002 or so. At that time Ebay cracked down and got rid of this "soul-selling" on a technicality. The way that the soulsellers have gotten around it is that now they ARE selling something, which is a CERTIFICATE that says you own their soul. This could be seen as selling a fancy piece of paper. The fact that the fancy piece of paper claims to transfer ownership in a soul does not matter so much since the buyer does recieve something tangible. There is really very little that Ebay can do about it since it could be argued that the person doing the selling is only selling their own soul. They of course could not sell something which did not belong to them.

I imagine that the people participating do not believe that they actually have a soul, because I cannot imagine anyone parting with it for $10 bucks. They believe it's the same as me selling you a certificate saying that you now own my imaginary pet "fluffy" and that he will now follow you wherever you want. He likes imaginary dog treats and walks in the park. If someone is enough of a sucker to send me $10 for that I may just start a whole imaginary menagerie to sell off. If you thought fluffy was fun you should meet "bleat" my imaginary goat. The bidding starts at $15....

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is an interesting situation due to the diversity of beliefs of people and the immateriality of the item sold. You act like it is fact that we have what is called a soul, and that it is possible to sell something like that only by consent.

You act like we live in some sort of fantasy world with magic and "evil" forces that horde souls and have them under command to wage some sort of magical holy war between good and evil. I think this is highly delusional, there is no proof at all that these intangible and invisible entities exist.

We live in an age of science and rationality where we question things in order to find the true essence of reality. Do yourself a favor and enter it.

Don't get me wrong, we all wish that these fantasies were true because we are mortal and it's hard to fathom that we, our minds, can cease to exist.

- Attero

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think its very demeaning. One person asked the seller:

Q: Are you fat or in shape? I dont want a fat soul. Thanx

and then in Item Description:

....................You never know when you might need an extra soul. You could use in some strang ritual or sell it to the Devil for something you want.

But the person whose soul they say it is might not actually exist, it might all be made up.

I saw a Psi one once in Ebay under 'Mystery Boxes'. The Lady said she was told by a psychic she would find a special box and the next day she found the box. Then she was told in a dream what to put into the box. She said she was told that what she put in the box would change the life of the buyer, and they would come across great riches! I thought it was a pretty good hustle. How about the people actually buying these things? I bet they are characters.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I really don't believe that you can really sell your soul to someone else. I personally believe that all these people are selling is a piece of paper with their name on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My goodness me. I have actually seem the bottom of humanitys barrel.

Can you sell your soul? yes. Will Lucifer make it binding if he or his forces bought it? oh you can bet on it. I don't know why they do this, as when they stand beforwe God Almighty to be judged, well, lets just hope Lucifer don't call and come and get whats his...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu

I imagine that the people participating do not believe that they actually have a soul, because I cannot imagine anyone parting with it for $10 bucks. They believe it's the same as me selling you a certificate saying that you now own my imaginary pet "fluffy" and that he will now follow you wherever you want. He likes imaginary dog treats and walks in the park. If someone is enough of a sucker to send me $10 for that I may just start a whole imaginary menagerie to sell off. If you thought fluffy was fun you should meet "bleat" my imaginary goat. The bidding starts at $15....

Well... What are you waiting for?? People will stand in line to bid for "Fluffy"!!!

If they would buy hurricane air, they'll buy an imaginary pet. that's how weird some E-bay buyers are...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
HaHaHa

LOL you cant sell that which does not belong to you In the first place, your soul belongs to the being that gave It to you In the first palce, GOD who who created you a living breathing SOUL.

When you die your dust returns to the ground but your breath returns to GOD!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hahaha~!! That is too funny. What a great way to make money. Souls are getting cheap these days. I should grab one before they run out!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Heh, that is pretty funny.

While I do believe in a soul, I don't believe you could simply auction it off like that (even if you pretend to). That's like selling your memories, or heritage... it just can't happen (well not yet).

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Personally, I don't buy any of that Lucifer will take you're soul.

I've literally said all the things that should make him appear at my sdie to try and take it. Especially the old classic "I'd sell my soul to the devil for "

If people wanna sell it, let them sell it.

IT'S THEIR CHOICE

Whether you believe it morally right or not, it's up to them.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why don't we all chip in and buy them? Then we can burn them and check the obituaries the next week. If they are listed then we'll know they were real.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
10 bucks for a piece of paper?

Ebay is lucrative!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I like the imaginary pet myself.....
they probably would sell......considering some of the wierd stuff that is sold....

how did that auction for nothing pan out anyway....someone put up nothing for auction on ebay....wonder if there was any takers on that one.....

I thought that one was kind of neat.....

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This wreaks of wrong!
It's a scam. The name of the soul is fake and made up by some con artist.
Creepy way to make money though......

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi guys,

eBay puts a whole new meaning to Save Our Souls!

They should put them in a section of their own just like the autos;

One previous owner, female; (important if you're testosterone driven!)

Non-smoker; (you may want to go back for the lungs?)

Low mileage; (young souls are easier to sell on)

Full Service History; (includes Birth Certificate, Marriage License etc)

You get the picture, could catch on!!

Best Wishes

J

p.s. check out gingerlad's feedback score on eBay - SPOOKY!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What could you do with a bought soul anyway?

At least if I buy an air guitar on eBay I have something I can play with.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hmm.....well I think that it's THEIR dicision to sell their souls on ebay no matter how stupid it seems...
but I don't think you can just sell your soul by signing a peice of paper and saying whoever buys it gets my soul..So I think ..that this is just a stupid auction and the buyers won't be getting anything HOPFULLY..

Cause if you really can sell your soul on ebay I feel horribly sorry for the people who are selling them...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
MORE QUESTIONS -

1 - If person's soul is bought on EBAY ... when can it be
collected? Can the buyer demand to collect his/her
'goods' right away? If so ... that person who sold his/her
soul has to die.

(sounds dangerous for the person selling the soul doesn't it
- what if a nut buys the soul?)

2 - They claim it's in good condition .. how do they maintain
that after it bought but before it's collected? Who arbitrates if
it's a 'junker' ... any soul-lemon-laws like with cars? Nope.

3 - If someone buys a soul does that mean that after that soul's body
dies then the buyer will have a bodiless soul that has to do his/her
bidding? A ghost-on-demand kind of thing?

4 - How would a buyer contain the purchased soul so that it
doesn't get away? Any containment fields? Sounds like a good
idea to sell on EBAY .. right next to the souls for sale ... sell
soul containment fields for those who purchase the souls.

5 - If a person buys the soul and then decides to trade it for
something else ... like to the devil for fame and/or glory ...
GOD HELP that soul that has been bought.

6 - Would someone like to speculate on the Karma/Religious
implications of freely giving up ones soul for sale ... the two
prices I saw were ... Jade's soul is going for $20 right now and
the fella's is $ .99.

7 - Ya'll wanna' pitch in and buy these two and then have some
fun? I kinda' like the 'spooks on demand' thing ... a little
experiment?

8 - What are the Better Business Bureau type implications?
They are selling something that they can't offer proof of
delivering? (like a service or product). There is nothing
from preventing them from selling their souls again ..
multiple sales of same product type of thing.

SERIOUSLY .. this sounds spiritually dangerous and very sad!!

[edit on 2/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join