It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother In The UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The UK parliament are soon to vote on ID cards for thepopulation.These will include a finger print and a retinal scan.

There is a massive campaign against this here in the UK.

Apparently the ID cards are designed to help fight terror and not to keep tabs and the public through databases.

Read about the anti id card campaign here.

www.no2id.net...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sorry but this isn’t even news worthy, fingerprints have been used for decades but they are outdated. Retinal and Biometric scans are a more secure way of making sure people are who they say they are.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The point is they are going to be compulsery with up to £2500 fine if you do not supply fingerprint,retinal scan and 51 different bits of infomation on yourself.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe there has not been more reaction to this thread.

Is it not the work of the Gov try'ing to control the masses? Thoughts please

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Is it not the work of the Gov try'ing to control the masses? Thoughts please

Utterly disgusted, totally powerless.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm from Uk too and I think along the same lines. It's all BS in my opinion - cost will be excessive whatever they say, and it wont stop identity theft or terrorism will it? "Oh I'd better not blow up this train I'm on because I haven't got an ID card and I'll get into trouble" Yeah right
And whatever they do they'll cock it up - any bets? For example, the banks have had how many years to get ready for chip and pin? What is the advice they're giving now? Yeah, you guessed it - as 30% of people in UK do not yet have a pin, then from now they have to start carrying cash as well as cards! Where are they going to get their cash - a machine - no go without a pin
I had an AMEX card which had chip and pin for three years - never ever got asked for a pin. Asked AMEX about it once and they said they were still trying to sort it out - after three years!!! This is just the banks remember - can't wait to see what a total pigs' ear the government are going to make of ID cards!!! Incidentally, I won't get one until it becomes absolutely necessary - threats or fines etc. as I'm not as brave as I once was
Funny how age does that to you) But I'll fight as hard as I can against this measure.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems all those ATS disinfo. agents can't reasonably debunk the coming culmination of the NWO anymore.

It also seems those who have become convinced of the power and evil of NWO promoters, are getting too scared to share their thoughts.

Fifteen years ago, theft of a bag containing my wallet, left me with not enough I.D. 'points' to prove who I was in order to get replacement I.D. I spent weeks unable to drive or access my bank account (a real problem when all income goes straight into your bank) etc. Combine identity theft with these sorts of situations and you just know there will be more people begging for permanant I.D. than fighting it.

Just because some won't 'swallow it', doesn't mean it hasn't been layed, incubated, hatched, grown, plucked, and roasted...that cooked goose of ours.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sooner or later these databases will get hacked and anyone who's adopted it by then will (rightfully) get the shaft...

You can change your PINs, can't change your face & fingerprints, so some people's identities will be floating around in the darker areas of the web, and please, DON'T tell me that biometric systems cannot be fooled, try a mask, with fake eyes and fake fingerprints, next thing is carrying enough ballast to match the weight of the average fatman and voila, instant access with no recourse for the victim, since 'biometrics are 100% secure'

fun times, actually.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Control, control, control, more, more, MORE.

It is all about control which makes me believe Alex Jones´Road to tyranny´ more than ever. It´s not just the U.S., it is a disease spreading like the birdflu.

Why, who, where and how.

Why is this being done?
Who is doing it?
Where are they doing it?
How are they doing it?

I am turning into a believer Alex, I really am.

Just wait until microchips under your skin become compulsory.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Arnt they making these ID card compolsory to carry around with you aswell? like you can get fined or arrested if you dont have it on you when your asked for it?

not sure if thats true just something i heard.

But if it is true why do we need ID cards with our retna scans and finger prints on im sure most people have thier fingers and eyes on them most of the time

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
they are making laws so we cant even complain about having stuff put in our bodys and if you dont whant one.. then you get a big fine!. i mean WTF is that! its sad and sick! its like we have absolutelly no control over our lives no more i am affraid the person/s doing this should not be in power! all they think about is power! GREEDY people who cant get enuff of people suffering....... people are suffering now and the are slamming more cr4p on them every day!

people are shouting out that the people who are ruling this world are NUTS! and dont even deserve the gound they walk on!

I'M NOT HAVING THE CHIP AND I NEVER WILL..
as for trying to make laws so you will have to have an id card, if you dont they will fine us!, THATS SO "CURRUPTIVE SPEAKING"

its like this:

FREEDOM: having the choice not to jump in a meat grinder

ID-CARD: get pushed in the meat grinder with out a choice, no say, no nothing & afterwards as the fine.. ill feed you to the dogs afterwards...

Now you lot tell me this aint the doings of some bad people!

[edit on 19-2-2006 by skywatcher7]

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 19-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
These cards have nothing at all to do with ID. Will it stop crime or terrorism? Absolutely not!
It'll be another lucrative contract for the government's favourite IT company and the costs to implement will be astronomical. The private security industry in the UK is going through a licencing phase at the moment. Nowhere near as much information kept as the proposed ID cards but it is still costing as much as £200 per card. This cost is primarily for the admin and info verification/checking. So, it makes one wonder just how much the ID card will cost the taxpayer.
I do not intend to carry one and will fight tooth and nail to oppose it. I am not livestock! How is the carrying going to be enforced anyway? Are we to be stopped everywhere we go and asked to "show our papers"?

It is just another way of cataloguing us all, which is an aspect of control. The REAL-ID system proposed for the USA is similar. I seem to remember that the Dept. of Homeland Security also hired, as consultants, An ex leader of the STASI and ex leader of the KGB, to help in implementation. TWo people with good backgrounds in oppression and control

Even the questionable "terrorist" acts used to justify these measures do not come close to doing so.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I like to have my passport renewed. Sure…. may I have your I.D card?!!!!!!!!!

www.theregister.co.uk...

Having the above in place would create a very large database? Call me a little paranoid if you wish, but one thing springs to mind. DARPA's TIA Program.
en.wikipedia.org...

I understand (from what I have read over the past 3-4 years) that the TIA program has gone "Black Ops".

Anyway... I am unable to accurately convey in words how the whole “Big Brother” ID card makes my blood boil. I am a UK resident. When I discuss ID cards with people here in London, this is mostly what I hear:

“I have no problem with an ID card. I have nothing to hide"

IMHO The UK public as a whole, will not see the bigger picture until it is too late.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ID cards are an absolute disgusting idea!!! there is no way im going to get one, if i am fined i won't pay it, never in a millions years, they can get stuffed in my opinon!

We should have a protest march about these stupid ID cards!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As I said in my earlier post, I'm not as brave as I once was, but I'll make it as hard as I can for them! Passports - if they ever get around to implementing the ID cards or biometric passports, renew JUST before implementation - that way you get at least 10 years from your new one before ID becomes a problem. This is obviously for us in the UK. As other "spoiling" tactics occur to me I'll post them. As I and others have said, it's not going to stop or curtail terrorism or ID theft, it's just for control and / or financial gain somewhere. Imagine the legions of new government staff that will be needed to implement and enforce - make it as hard as you can for them! I have nothing to hide, but I don't want them to have this info! They can butt out! You got it right Britguy - we're NOT cattle!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
The point is they are going to be compulsery with up to £2500 fine if you do not supply fingerprint,retinal scan and 51 different bits of infomation on yourself.

- £2500 fine? Where do you get that from?
Link please.

ID cards have been discussed here several times; why the need for a whole new thread?
(which even managed to miss out the news on the vote in the UK Parliament.
)

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maldives01
As I and others have said, it's not going to stop or curtail terrorism or ID theft, it's just for control and / or financial gain somewhere. Imagine the legions of new government staff that will be needed to implement and enforce - make it as hard as you can for them! I have nothing to hide, but I don't want them to have this info! They can butt out! You got it right Britguy - we're NOT cattle!

Absolutely, 100% agree with you maldives, i feel exactly the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The ID cards have their Advantages and Disadvatages but i think its a bit too drastic.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why are they trying to make us have I.D cards, are birth certificates, drivers lisences, passports and your personal details not good enough?

As far as i see it, they have far too much information on us!

How can I.D cards help to stop terrorism, does this mean that all illegal immigrants are terriosts? I doubt that!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The thread below has a good discussion going on this. It's got more people on it so check it out.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

top topics

join