It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria switches to euro amid confrontation with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The War To Save The U.S. Dollar

today.reuters.com
DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Syria has switched all of the state's foreign currency transactions to euros from dollars amid a political confrontation with the United States, the head of state-owned Commercial Bank of Syria said on Monday.

"This is a precaution. We are talking about billions of dollars," Duraid Durgham told Reuters.

The bank, which still dominates the Syrian market although private banks have been allowed to set up in the last few years, has also stopped dealing with dollars in the international foreign exchange flows of private clients.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Upcoming iranian oil bourse that is supposed to trade oil in euroes is days away and now Syrians switching their US dollar reserves to euroes, any connections?

we may start to find clues that Saddam's WMDs had indeed made their way into syria before us invasion. may be, a few more anti-syrian assassinations in lebanon, hariri's assassination marking is around the corner. we might see a few more clashes with the bad guys near the syrian border in the coming days,
or a terrorist attack or something on american soil.....al-qaeda operatives of syrian origin were caught trying to smuggle a nuclear weapon into the US. guess where the nukes had come from?

I'm just overflowing with sarcasm, ain't I?

I read somewhere that more iranians are claiming to have met with Mehdi (the promised one). It all makes sense. fasten your seat belts. Armageddon is about to start.

new topics

join