It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Security Company Implants ID chips Into Employees.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A security company in Ohio has begun implanting its employees with the VeriChip. They claim the chip is used for medical purposes and is the first time a U.S. employer has placed chip implants into their employees.
The implant is in the upper right arm of the recipient and is read by a device similar to a card-reader.
They say the chip is not a GPS chip.

www.sciencedaily.com
An Ohio security company has become the first known U.S. employer to implant electronic ID tags in employees, the Financial Times reported Monday.

Officials with CityWatcher.com in Cincinnati said two people agreed to the experiment for protecting the security of a room used to store security video footage. The company provides security cameras and storage for digital videos that are recorded over the Internet.

Sean Darks, chief executive of CityWatcher, said the glass-encased chips were like identity cards that are planted in the upper right arm of the recipient and read by a device similar to a card-reader, but unlike a Global Positioning System.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How many people here would take a chip in the arm for their employer? I would expect that not many would.

I don't get how this chip is supposed to be used for medical purposes, what is wrong with the medic alert bracelet? That seems to be a working system. Why the need to permanently mark a person?

I wonder how far this will be taken. Will the employer remove the chip if the employee leaves the company? Who will pay for that?
Will other companies jump on board with this and only hire people who agree to get the chip?

This is all too bizarre, there must be more going on than we know.

Related News Links:
www.upi.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ATS.C: VeriChip RFID Implant, Hacked
NEWS: VeriChip Implant Enhances Club Life
Verichip and nursing homes
VeriChip: The ultimate form of control

[edit on 13/2/2006 by Umbrax]

[edit on 18-2-2006 by asala]

df1

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The same mentality which some will use as justification for employers to invade the privacy of employees via drug testing will in the not too distant future be used to rationalize the implanting of ID chips into those same employees. And I have no doubt that posters to this thread will soon be spewing "If you dont have anything to hide, what's the problem?".

The problem with this type of thing for me is that I refuse to consider myself livestock owned by government or an employer. And though I try really hard not to hate, I in fact do hate the supporters of this type personal invasion with every fiber in my body.

MOD EDIT: Removed unnecessary name calling.

[edit on 2/23/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Simple to implant, just an injection. Apparently not so easy to remove and can be a bit messy/painful

The Verichip has already been shown to be insecure, having been hacked. No system will ever be 100% secure, the auhorities know this but it makes it easier for them to track and catalogue us.
df1 is right with the term "livestock". That's all we are to the men in power, a source of income and fodder for their wars of corporate conquest.

I sat and watched Gordon Brown on tv today telling the masses how wonderful the proposed systems of ID would be in cutting crime and stopping the terrorist bogeymen. It was complete cr@p!
It got worse when he started talking about new technology and paying for everything with a fingerprint etc. Yeah, great until someone hacks the servers and we can't buy food or anything else

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Britguy]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The security company, CityWatcher.com, now requires employees to use the VeriChip implant.

sf.indymedia.org...

Cincinnati video surveillance company CityWatcher.com now requires employees to use VeriChip human implantable microchips to enter a secure data center, Network Administrator Khary Williams told Liz McIntyre by phone yesterday.

McIntyre, co-author of "Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID," contacted CityWatcher after it announced it had integrated the VeriChip VeriGuard product into its access control system.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could anyone have doubted this was coming? Expect the trend to continue and become more widespread.

Leglislation is needed now to preclude employers from requiring employees to accept on of these chips and to prevent them from taking any kind of punitive action if one is not accepted willingly.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Astronomer68]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think it's time to put together ALL
the permanant,
DNA,
chip,
fingerprint,
eye scan,
car gps tags,
pet and livestock chips (did you know they even have and use chips for hatchery fingerling fish)
criminal tracking devices
etc.
and how they are being 'required' by 'law' or employment 'policy'
(new I.D.'s to use American Government buildings, DNA from Australian Federal Police, all U.S. pets to be chipped by law etc.)
and accept that all these different systems,
that we've been taught not to fear,
are 'imperfect'
and Global Corporate 'Worlds Best Practice',
along with 'fighting' 'terrorism' and 'deadly' disease,
will soon have ALL, who want to work,
trade,
travel,
etc.
to be MARKED.

Ox

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah, this is happening in Cincinnati, Which is in my local area, But this has absolutely nothing at all to do with medicine, Although I'm sure the technology could be used in that sense, This is a security type device that allows the implantee into certain areas of the building, Which could be done with a simple I.D. card, So I'm sure there are other uses for this chip. It was only a matter of time, All the talk going on right now about "Terrorists" and "Terrorism" scares people into taking extreme measures like this that unfortunately will have extreme repercussions that will affect not only the poor souls that invented the technology but undoubtedly most of the population..

If anyone out there thinks I'm getting tagged with one of these things they're out of their mind.. Even if it is being used for "Medical" records, Doctors make a ton of money, They can do a little work and search for my medical records and earn it..

Anyway, It was quoted in Yahoo! News that "They work "like an access card. There's a reader outside the door; you walk up to the reader, put your arm under it, and it opens the door," Darks said.

"It's a passive chip. It emits no signal whatsoever," Darks said. "It's the same thing as a keycard."

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've just noticed that there is a real push for the verichip right now.
This article is appearing on at least seven news sites.

www.forbes.com

This Chip Could Be a Lifesaver

In the future, patients arriving in the emergency room who need immediate access to their medical records may be armed -- literally -- with a tiny, high-tech helper.

More than 1,000 Americans have already volunteered to get a microchip about the size of a grain of rice embedded in their arms. The chip -- similar to those now used to identify thousands of pets nationwide -- allows EMS and ER crews to gain quick access to patients' medical e-files should they be unable to provide them.

"So, if a patient comes in and has the chip in their arm, the hospital's system will recognize them and pull up their entire medical record," explained David Ellis, who has examined the new VeriChip in his dual capacities as corporate director for Planning and Future Studies at the Detroit Medical Center, and as co-founder of the Michigan Electronic Medical Record Initiative.

It is too bad that this wasn't important enough for people to vote it up on ATSNN. Does that mean that the majority of people are going to get chipped with out worry of the bad implications?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It is too bad that this wasn't important enough for people to vote it up on ATSNN. Does that mean that the majority of people are going to get chipped with out worry of the bad implications?

Probably
and probably out of necessity since their jobs, their bread and butter, might be the ones to require it. I hope at least these are some very high paying jobs since you wouldn't be able to pay me to do it... 7 zeros or more I might reconsider

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"It's a passive chip. It emits no signal whatsoever," Darks said. "It's the same thing as a keycard."

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The real question is wether or not it's mandated by the company for employees to get the chip?

Can they legally do something like that? What if someone refuses, do they get fired?

This is bad

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seems like we have here a classic case of " Build the shelter and hide the food time". If there had of been an ATS in ancient times, there would of been a poster called L33tArkBuilderz, and his name would of been Noah. people would of laughed, but some would of taken notice. Would YOU of laughed or helped him to build the Ark?

The slap downs coming people, and those that have the mark are the recipients of a slap. Those that field and build these chips are the recipients of one Almighty kick in the Goolies..... Its up to you, but are you going to be free or just another numbered 'Beast of burden / cattle'??

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The real question is wether or not it's mandated by the company for employees to get the chip?
Can they legally do something like that? What if someone refuses, do they get fired?
This is bad

The part on the Mexico City police Department explictly said that nobody would be fired if they refused such measures, the Cincinnati story didn't give such details... Still, I don't know why the "right to work" mentality still exists, I always thought, especially here, that people should be extremely grateful that they are even given the priviledge to work for a company. A company should be allowed to hire and fire at will. If they don't agree with it, let them start their own company, that's how it's supposed to work. Or maybe I missed something?

edit: I misspelled "explicitly"

[edit on 23-2-2006 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A company should be allowed to hire and fire at will

Yeah, but within reason. I can't make all my employees get tattoos for Identification purposes....especially when there's ID badges and hand scans. The same for the chip, there are other alternatives out there that are just as good, if not better.

This is more than having to wear a badge to work, or take a hand scan. This is having something implanted in your body, some may refuse for religious reasons and other might not want to have something in them that could possibly be more than just an ID chip.

If they refuse to get the chip before they are hired, then yeah...it's thier loss. But for a current employee to be fired for refusing something that was never in thier contract that relates to thier health and body should be illegal and it's this kind of stuff that WILL lead to the one world government.

EDIT: The Cincinnati security company is requiring it's emplyees to get the chip. thanks

[edit on 23/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Cincinnati security company is requiring its employees to have the chip.

4th post from the top

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

. The same for the chip, there are other alternatives out there that are just as good, if not better.

Umbrax, even if it was a requirement, so what? Just don't work there if you don't like it.

What's better than a chip to make certain somebody is who somebody claims to be? It seems like a fine idea to me, I'm not arguing with you, but...

Not all technological breakthroughs are conspiracies.

Sorry, but my statement remains that a company should be able to hire and fire at will, its only purpose is profit, yes? Still, I ask, why not?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This could mean a lot of changes for the blue and white collar workers of our erra. I've heard of these things happening to the public and working classess for years,guess it is coming around full circle. Needless to say "Pretty scary Stuff!" considering where we are with tech. today and what we don't know what is in effect for all those tomorrows.
Another way of petering in the old saying of "Big Brother is Alive and well in united States of America!" Who knows? maybe it will all flop and the experiments will cease and disist.
Very spooky topic..........

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Umbrax, even if it was a requirement, so what? Just don't work there if you don't like it.

I wouldn’t work there but it isn't that simple. There are workers rights. For example right now I have the right to work in a place with out harassment.
Should an employer have the right to mark you, perhaps permanently?
What if every employer who could afford the cost decided to implant their employees? If this catches on you won’t be able to get a decent job with out a diploma and a chip.

What's better than a chip to make certain somebody is who somebody claims to be? It seems like a fine idea to me, I'm not arguing with you, but...

I chip will be no better than photo ID. People can fake Photo IDs and they will be able to fake chips.

Not all technological breakthroughs are conspiracies.

Of coarse not. Let’s take the conspiracy side to of it for now. Your health records are private right? Having a chip in your arm with your medical records sounds pretty risky to me. There is a link on the original post regarding hacking verichips.

Sorry, but my statement remains that a company should be able to hire and fire at will, its only purpose is profit, yes? Still, I ask, why not?

An employer can't hire and fire at will. That is wrong, morally and legally. You can't get fired for denying your boss sexual favors. You can't get fired for getting pregnant. You can't get fired because you are of a certain race.

There is a lot more to the threat of these chips than paranoia of the NWO.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
[An employer can't hire and fire at will. That is wrong, morally and legally. You can't get fired for denying your boss sexual favors. You can't get fired for getting pregnant. You can't get fired because you are of a certain race. ]

Yes, you're completely right, from a moral and legal standpoint... But is that how it should be? I am not speaking from a standpoint (I really gotta change my avatar, it was meant as tongue-in-cheek long ago - but I certainly remain an advocate of self determination)

This is to say, if someone gets pregnant, why shouldn't I be allowed to fire them? (Remember, my only goal as a corporation is profit) If a company says, "get the heck out of here unless you want to get an id chip imbedded, the doors are open!" Why is that a bad thing... Especially since many here agrandize the unemployment rates self-servingly (not you, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Never.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by outsider]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join