It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair witch project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was watchin the blair witch project the other day & was wonderin if it was real or not. I did some research & apparantly it was all just acting. If it was then why didnt they get any oscars because that is the best acting I've ever seen! I really believed the whole story all the way through & was so dissapointed to find it was all untrue. Is there any truth in it at all?

8th

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
From what I heard, it was all staged BUT the actors were not told when or what would hapopen for the most part... So that may have been what boosted the realism. As for as the storyline goes, the myth was a real myth in the local area. I really liked the movie when it first came out, they went where noody went before.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I thought it was real, too. I was about 11 when I saw it and I couldn't sleep for weeks! I was terrified of it being true. Especially when you see the man in the corner of that dark room (I think it was a man, anyway. I haven't seen in it years).

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This movie was made for next to nothing and made millions, all with completely unknowns being involved in it. All of it was staged and none of it was real, but the story behind it is a myth from this little town, the name of it escapes me at the moment.

It deffinately changed everything, no movie was ever made like this before it and experienced this success. The marketing behind this was great, presented as actual footage from these students.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The people who made this movie were geniuses...cost them next to nothing, and it generated HUGE hype.

I remember when it first came out, it was the hottest topic in any conversation around my hometown. So many people though it was real at first, myself included.

Edit: To answer the original question. No it wasn't real, it's based on an urban legend originating in the town it was set in. If memory serves, many people thought it was real until one of the actors appeared on a late-night talk show (Was it Jay Leno's show? can't remember) and confirmed it was just a movie.

[edit on 2/14/2006 by ToxxiKall]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nope it aint real, but it's a great movie.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I agree. BWP is one of the best films ever and that it was shot with a miniscule budget and unknown actors just proves that it's not money, technology, and big names that make good cinema. Those things don't hurt, but they simply aren't enough.

new topics

top topics

join