It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu in Slovenia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here we go again.

Not only Italy and Greece - but also here, to Slovenia.

I guess the Springs is Coming, and the Birds are Migrating.

Two dead Swans were found on the Frozen lake, in the North-Eastern part of Slovenia, which were tested positive for the H5 flu Virus.

Samples of Tissue from the Swans were sent to Weybridgeu for Further Testing - results are Expected within the next week.

And the Number of Dead Migratory Birds is Increasing - especially Swans.

So far, Croatia has banned imports of poultry from Slovenia and transit through Croatia.

And Prime Minister Janez Jansa has called an emergency session of the National Security Council for 3 PM on Monday to scrutinise the proposed measures to prevent the spread of bird flu in the country.

I just have News from Slovenian sites.
Delo
SiOL
RTV Slovenia
24ur

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think the bird flu is an overrated flu that because birds carry it everyone is spazing out and running around screaming that its gonna kill us all. But that’s just what I think.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, you can Add us to the List.

The Labs in Padova have CONFIRMED the Deadly Strain of H5N1 in one of the Tissue Samples found in a Dead Swan near the City of Maribor in Slovenia.

STA

Laboratory tests carried out by a reference laboratory in Padua, Italy, have confirmed the presence of the lethal H5N1 strain of bird flu virus in Slovenia, the government PR and Media Office said on Thursday.

We are still waiting for the Confirmation from the Labs in Weybridgea, but it is pretty much clear whats the Picture.

Related News:
Swans spreading bird flu into Europe

Related News (in Slovene):
RTV Slovenia
Delo

join