It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google earth , accuracy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
hi - wile playing with google earth this morn - iddly revisiting the spots i have blighted with my presence in previous years

i fund this

external image

obviously the road does not have a break in it like that - lol

her multimsp

is the map of the area in question

pretty picture

now my biggest question is why is ONLY that one road seemigly misaligned ???

other terrain and fretures - seem to be correctly tiled ??

so any rationoal - or irrational ideas ast to why ??

now the conspitacy question - this error is dammed obvious and i know the area very well - that road is VERY steep - and was part of our school cross country run circuit

i am now wondering - how many " anomolies " that folks find on google earth - and are assumed to be something strange - are actialy errors ???

i dont mean any offence to folk who post such threads - as like i say - i know the area in the pic - and its a glaring error anyway - could more subtle errors be fooling people ??

mod edit, resize

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sorry Ape, I use Google Earth all the time for directions to where I am going when I go out of state and it always works out right for me.

I am sure that other people have found discrepancies. Nothing is perfect.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
what if its a nuclear missle site disguised as a road but they planned it out wrong

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What you should be concern about isn't road inacuracy, that happens all the time, but this ...

This is a 25 miles long blackout right between Yukon (Canada) and Alaska (US)... I have no clue what this could be, but considering in which direction its pointed Im glad Im not Russian!

Let the conspiracy begin!!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just a little info for you guys. There is other software you can use, look up and download "World Wind" from NASA.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
world wind - is a mixed bag - IMHO , i expected more from a 218 MEG download

its ok for select areas of the states - but UK is very poor - and the rest of the world - forget it

map point [ europe ] gives better coverage of affica and other areas

or am i using world wind wrong ??

edit to add - yup i do know what the tool bar at the top is for on worldwind - the one that selects which salelite data , or USGS map data is displayed .

i can use all of them to get great resolution of slices of mamerica - but nothing in europe - at any usefull scale

[edit on 15-2-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
hi - wile playing with google earth this morn - iddly revisiting the spots i have blighted with my presence in previous years

i fund this

external image

obviously the road does not have a break in it like that - lol

her multimsp

is the map of the area in question

pretty picture

now my biggest question is why is ONLY that one road seemigly misaligned ???

other terrain and fretures - seem to be correctly tiled ??

so any rationoal - or irrational ideas ast to why ??

now the conspitacy question - this error is dammed obvious and i know the area very well - that road is VERY steep - and was part of our school cross country run circuit

i am now wondering - how many " anomolies " that folks find on google earth - and are assumed to be something strange - are actialy errors ???

i dont mean any offence to folk who post such threads - as like i say - i know the area in the pic - and its a glaring error anyway - could more subtle errors be fooling people ??

mod edit, resize

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

It's not so much a "conspiracy" as it is the fact that when satellite images are taken they aren't taken as "one large image." To make it appear as "one large image" they use software to stitch up thousands of separate images into one. Another thing to note is that not all images are taken at the same time or at the same angle. Because of that, when the stitching software puts it all together, you may get anomalies like the split road. Of course you may also see certain things blurred but that's because certain organizations have requested they be blurred.

new topics

top topics

join