It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best young athlete I have ever seen. Amazing video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is one of the most insane high light videos I have ever seen.

Link

The kids name is Noel Devine. He is a 15 year old high school freshman out of Florida. Here he is, again, at 15 years old, performing a 315 pound bench press and a 225 pound incline. Again, in these pics he is FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!

As a HS Junior this year, he rushed for 1,933 yards and 24 touch downs on 173 carries. That's an average of over 11 yards per carry!

I played a lot of football, an played against some guys who went pro. I got to watch Kobe Bryant and Rasheed Wallace play basketball in person numerous times before they were 18. I have played with and against several of the best lacrosse players in the world before they went to college. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen a freak like this! Absolutely amazing...

EDIT: I forgot there is a sports forum, so if a mod wants to move this, feel free to do so.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That guys gonna be big! literally & metaphorically speaking. He must have used steroids at some stage in his life but if not then we could have a high contender for worlds strongest man or something. I thought I was athletic, I struggled to just bench half that weight at that age! amazing kid tho if he's natural & hope to hear of him in the future

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
FORGET ABOUT THE BENCHING AND HIS SIZE. Did you watch the video. That kids got some skills. I know its just high school but still. I wonder how good hell be in college.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, he's probably already got Miami, Florida, and Florida State lining his pockets.

The thing that really stands out, besides the Earl Campbell type power, is his acceleration. No doubt he could probably run a 4.2 40 without pads.

He's Reggie Bush with more power and speed but fewer moves.

Is he playing junior varsity or varsity?

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Damn... He's from Florida. Wouldn't mind seeing this kid in a Husker's uniform. The question remains. What are his High School grades like?

Ahhh.. I was looking for some info on him at rivals.com but couldn't find any info on him. Didn't notice he was just a freshman yet. He's definitely going to get recruited by the big dogs though in a few years. If he keeps his nose clean.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
What are his High School grades like?

Yeah, just once it would be nice to see a kid like this have a 3.5 GPA and actually care about an education, but most likely he's just like the rest, besides that grades never matter if you can run like that.

BTW, Nebraska's chances of getting this guy are like the chances of hell freezing over.
The Longhorns might have a shot but even that's slim. This kid will stay in Florida.......bank on it!

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
BTW, Nebraska's chances of getting this guy are like the chances of hell freezing over.
The Longhorns might have a shot but even that's slim. This kid will stay in Florida.......bank on it!

Peace

Don't knock the Huskers my man... They will be back to rule the Big 12 again... Someday. I know Nebraska doesn't have a shot at this guy. We just take all your good Texas players.

Draft rankings

Notice Nebraska climbing back up the top 25 list after a few years being down around 50.... Restoring the order. *wink*

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The only thing that will get him out of Florida is the female student body at the University of Texas.
I'm telling you that no school can match that.

The 'horns don't get all those blue-chippers for no reason.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The only thing that will get him out of Florida is the female student body at the University of Texas.
I'm telling you that no school can match that.

Haha!!! You my friend have never been to Nebraska have you? I'm tellin' ya. Something about that corn fed beef makes for healthy, healthy women!!!

*edit*

By the way doc, do you have an account over at sportztawk yet? You seem to enjoy sports from what I can tell. It's not quite as lively as ATS but you can read some pretty decent threads there.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Its guys like him that make me push myself even harder.

My jaw was down to the floor when I saw the video clips. He's really good and really quick! He's got mad skills!!!

I'm 15 and I only got a bench around 150. He's got 315!!?? Thats scary. He's gonna be giant when he gets older. Hopefully though he's not taking any steroids. That would be a terrible shame...

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Wow, he's probably already got Miami, Florida, and Florida State lining his pockets.

The thing that really stands out, besides the Earl Campbell type power, is his acceleration. No doubt he could probably run a 4.2 40 without pads.

He's Reggie Bush with more power and speed but fewer moves.

Is he playing junior varsity or varsity?

Peace

He's laying varsity. Yes, it is still only High School, but Florida is one of the biggest Hs football states in the country along woth Cali and Texas. It isn't like if he were plying in Rhode Island or something... He's going against some of the best HS has to offer.

And yes, you guessed it, Miami and FSU are already recruiting him. Word is that FSU has the inside track on him. That's because DEION SANDERS adopted him.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Damn... He's from Florida. Wouldn't mind seeing this kid in a Husker's uniform. The question remains. What are his High School grades like?

Ahhh.. I was looking for some info on him at rivals.com but couldn't find any info on him. Didn't notice he was just a freshman yet. He's definitely going to get recruited by the big dogs though in a few years. If he keeps his nose clean.

I must correct myself...

He's a Junior right now, but the high light video and pics here were taken from his freshman year.

As for comparisons, I actually think this kid compares favorably to Barry Sanders, at least in style. They are about the same hieght at 5'8". Barry was bigger, but Devine has another 5 years to put on more muscle. That's a scary thought. They both have the same type of vision. They both use that studder step step to slow the defender down and then WHAM! They just turn on the excelleration and power through the arm tackle.

Someone above compared him to Reggie Bush. Same kind of explosive player, but, different styles. Bush has about 4 inches on this kid, and only about 15 pounds. Devine has that low, powerfull center of gravity. Bush doesn't have that power, he's more of a finess runner. Bush is a better all out sprinter, and has more skills in the passing game. I was talking to a contact who does scouting for the NFL... Bush is such a good reciever that he thinks a lot of teams might have looked at him as a WR. Of course, in Houston, he's going to be used all over the field kind of like the Eagles Brian Westbrook.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play against some top 25 college teams.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

new topics

top topics

join