It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID chips in employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I stumbled on this article that talks about implanting chips in employees so they can access their company computer more securely. Makes you think huh?

Two employees have been injected with RFID chips this week as part of a new requirement to access their company's datacenter.

Full Article

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Distortion]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
People didn't like barcodes when they first came into use. They were called the mark of the beast, people claimed we'd all be coded, etc.

The difference between a bad and good technology is only how it is used.

When people are WILLINGLY using RFID there is no issue. People will accept the benefits, use it, and eventually others will adopt it or fall by the wayside.

The same happened with UPC barcodes, creditcards, cell phones, and many other new technologies.

I have been pushing to more RFID use in my company for years now. The money and time it will save is tremendous. And the tech is a great idea.

BTW... if you have a phone or creditcard, you already are easily tracked, get over it.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Career chips are close, mark my words... pretty soon you will have to "consent" in order to qualify for just about any Hi-Tech job. There have already been some scandels with Gattica style discrimination in some corporations. This will be abused and I bet you any money we will hear about it within the year.

There have to be laws that protect the employees who do not want to have these things implanted into their bodies(or give up their DNA to their employer either but different thread)

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Today on CNN RFID implanted chips are being used by CITI GROUP and other companies to gain access to secure locks. And as for the reply about we are being tracked by credit card,cellular and other means you are right but with that type tracking you can STOP using your credit card you can STOP using your phone and throw it away. A implant NEVER stops tracking...There is no way to UNJACK yourself from the machine

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There is no way to UNJACK yourself from the machine

Yes there is, get it removed
If it somehow becomes illigal to remove said implant then just go to a crooked Vetrenarian to get it removed

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OHHHH....Yea..... I forgot about the crooked vets
Thats da bombdiggidy ideaizzle 4 shizzal..

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

People didn't like barcodes when they first came into use. They were called the mark of the beast, people claimed we'd all be coded, etc.

When interviewed about the barcode on film, it's inventor said the three 6's were a coincidence - not that there was no 666. That's what Applied Digital Solution's Verichip will emit from a spot (unless you have earned one in your forehead) between your right thumb and forefinger in near infrared frequencies.

new topics

top topics

join