It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were These UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well I guess they were because they were unidentified. Anyway quite a few years ago when I was about 12 years old I was camping with my Dad in a remote area of Scotland. We were just about to go to sleep when I noticed some lights about 10 or so hovering above some mountains to our left. I was amazed and said to my Dad look over there, but he didn't seem very interested and just told me to go to sleep. Needless to say I kept watching, these lights which were white in colour started moving irraticaly and appeared to be narrowly missing each other. The mountains they were above were about 2-3 miles away and the lights didn't look to be flying much higher than the mountains of about 2500 feet. I kept watching for about 30 minutes and then the lights suddenly disappeared, I didn't see them fly off they just appeared to vanish. This was not an Aurora (northern lights), I have seen this affect and it definatly wasn't. I have often wondered over the past 14 years what they were, either Military or ET or something else? Has anyone else seen anything simlar.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
who knows, thats why they are called unidentified flying objects

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resonat

Yes I know. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything simlar or could give a logical explanation to what the lights could be.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil123

Originally posted by Resonat

Yes I know. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything simlar or could give a logical explanation to what the lights could be.

swamp gas refracting light off of venus............or thats how agent J in MiB put it.

and yes, what you saw were UFO's. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. Many people seem to confuse the term UFO with Alien Spacecraft and "Flying Saucers". If what you mean to ask is "did I see alien spacecraft/flying saucers" then the answer is perhaps: no one can really know for sure with such events.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Very good chance they were indeed aircraft of a higher intelligence. You stated that they were above a mountain, well, UFOs are infamous for being spotted close or above mountains. Why? Mountains have concentrated source of electromagnetic energy, and it is suspected that UFOs come and 'recharge' their crafts with this energy, but what else they do with the energy is unclear at the moment, but the fact is that they DO seem to be attracted to Mountains thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the info TerraOurHome. Very interesting. Guess I'll never know for sure. It's the only time I've seen anything like that. I was quite scared at the time as we were in the middle of nowhere, probably 40 miles from the nearest population.

[edit on 13/2/06 by Phil123]

new topics

top topics

join