It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS the grand conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok after much thinking, and much procrastination, I shall finally post my thoughts on a possible conspiracy. Is it possible that the very forum I am posting this on (ATS) is the greatest conspiracy of all time?

Note: None of this is meant to be taken offensively. This is more of a food for thought sort of topic meant to get the nogin running.

---
Let's start with the power structure here. It is primarily run by three highly mysterious figures at the top (Simon, Skeptic, Springer), each of their username's beginning with "S". Together they form a nice triangle up top. Then we have the administrators (Thomas Crown, WoS) just below them. Directly under the administrators are our Super Moderators (Gazrok, Kano, etc.). Even more numerous directly under the Super Moderators are our moderators (FredT, Amuk, Valhall, etc.). Directly under them would be the ATS council members (I admit I'm not exactly sure who won the elections). And finally the most numerous, we have about 50,000 members. Thus in conclusion we have a fairly well defined pyramid of power. Anybody seing any resemblence to the Illuminati symbol here?

Ok now let's look at the topmost triangle of power. The Three Amigos; SimonGray (founder), SkepticOverlord (IT wizard), and Springer (business guru). Probably just a coincidence, but all three usernames start with "S". Perhaps it's something of signifigance I'm not seing on the other hand.

I'll be honest, despite the fact that I've been here since early 2004, I still don't know very much about the founder. Simon, the founder, is also probably the most mysterious. Infact, he's one of the most mysterious members on the board despite founding it. As of now, all I know is that he seems to like Bill Murray and knows a suspiciously large amount of information on Groom Lake (aka Area 51). Oh yeah, and he's English. Not to be racist, but it seems the English are always the one's either conquering some nation or pulling the strings behind global events (WWII according to some conspiracy theories).

Then there's the Skeptic. Most IT guys seem to have their existance acknowledged when something breaks. Yet here on ATS, our IT guy has his own t-shirts. So ok, we've heard the voice of Skeptic (very good podcasts BTW), but have we actually seen the Skeptic? How much do we really know about the man behind the ban hammer? And are his Halloween pranks just good natured fun, or a test run for a much larger plot?

Finally we have the business end of the show, Springer. Ok, we know he has a thiing for good motorcycles, but how much else? Also, what does he really do as the business consultant? We know he's been hard at work putting together stuff for ATSTV, but what else does a business consultant really do on a forum?

Now let's look at the moderators, super moderators, and council members. There's a lot of them, and I'm too lazy to really go into detail. However the interesting thing about them is how little we know about what goes on in the moderator's and council forums. Nobody in the public knows what goes on in there. You try to access their forums, yet you can't get in. So what really happens in those forums? Is it at all odd that the ATS council is elected by the membership (at least that's what we've been told), yet we don't know what they actually discuss? Wouldn't it look a little odd if suddenly the American public wasn't allowed to watch Congress at all?

---
Next I think it's time that we look at some odd things around the forum.

Let's start with the Really Above Top Secret (RATS) forum. It's there, and a lot of people on this board don't actually know what goes on in there. To many, it is like the holy grail of the forum to gain access. Yet (I hope I'm not getting in trouble for saying this), there's actually not very much inside of it that you won't find elsewhere. Seriously, in my opinion it's not worth the ATS points. Is it possible that the RATS forum is just an attempt to divert the majority of attention away from the pyramid of power? A bit like the theory that Area 51 is just to distract the public from a different site, such as Dulce for example. And the final question about RATS; what does the dog represent?

Then take a look at the support of the SETI program. At all suspicious that a forum like ours is supportive of a computer program that use's your computer's processing power? A program that could essentially be some sort of spyware, reporting your every move to a master computer without your knowledge perhaps? Is it at all suspicious that the SETI program was once a program funded by the US federal goverment? Perhaps the goverment (probably the CIA or NSA) still covertly runs the entire show from behind the scenes.

Anybody remember last year's April Fool's prank? Or that War of the World's-esqe prank on Halloween? Just good natured fun? Or mindset preparation for the real thing? Is it possible that the power pyramid has been secretly adjusting our mindsets and wanted to do a test to check their progress? Seems possible to me.

Finally, ATSTV. Is it at all out of the ordinary that a forum such as ours is going to have a television show? Really, what kind of television producer would give a bunch of paranoid tin-foil hat wearing lunatics a TV show? Also, look at all the mystery concerning the show. Does anybody other than the three amigos truely understand what it's all about? What is ATSTV? Is it perhaps a scheme to make ATSers think they're special or something? Is it a hoax to scare ATSers into thinking the board will be flooding by new members? Or is it a plot to advance the growth of ATS in an almost cult-like fashion?

---
My conclusions? I have none. I'll admit, just about everything I posted could very easily be explained with logical reasoning. However when you think about it, there's a lot of mystery on this site. Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that a conspiracy related forum such as this one has all the makings of a mindcontrol conspiracy? But hey, while I'm at it I think I'll give a couple of theories;

1. ATS is secretly a cult that plans on recruiting more members, and expanding it's influence in a religious fashion.

2. ATS is really an NSA run website made to keep track of some of the world's best conspiracy theorists.

3. ATS is an NSA run website made to keep an eye on possible information leaks.

4. ATS is an alien run website made to keep track of what the earthlings know about them.

5. ATS is an plot by a secretive organization (Illuminati, shadow goverment, Freemasons, etc.) to control the freedom of conspiracy based thought in order to setup a New World Order without resistance.

6. ATS is mysterious simply because the mysteries it investigates rubbed off on the top brass here.

7. I've simply become paranoid.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts on the subject of ATS being a conspiracy right under our noses. Just some food for thought that I thought would make an interesting discussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have to say #7.

Why have business deals come out of this (podcast, ATSTV, t-shirts)? Because the site owners can make money off of it - and likely DO make money off of it.

Why the top three are so secretive? Because they don't like being bothered. I'd hate to be at the top and have 134 U2U messages every day from people, either as hate-mail, love-mail, requests, denials, rants, etc.

Why a triangle? 3 people could also be arranged in a line. It's just a coincidence really. Not only that, but only 1 is the real founder (actually says so in the Member list) - and so that kind of breaks the triangle of 3 down to 1. In the end, it's Simon's fiscal responsibility (and the one who would get in trouble if things went wrong), and Skeptic and Springer are responsible for ensuring that the forums remain clean and proper. Not really a triangle at all.

Next, the admins, moderators, and super-moderators are here because they're long-standing members that are active and intelligent, and so were given priviledges and responsibilities. Remember, a moderator doesn't know much more than you - they just have more access.

Finally, REALLY Above Top Secret is another way to make money (requires a monetary subscription - and used to be accessible for 5000 points, although that seems to have gone away).

Now, why are certain things more popular than others on these forums? Because people are chumps. Chumps that are interested in different things, but chumps nonetheless. Every so often, a certain topic comes up which ALL or MOST chumps can relate to - and so it gains astonishing popularity, but that's really it.

In the end, I think conspiratism as rampant as this makes about as much sense as saying that clothes were designed to reinforce the barrier between rich and poor. It didn't. It's just that it was made, and then rich people were able to (and so did) buy very nice clothes, and poor people bought really bad clothes.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ATS is one of what the Spooks call a watering hole.

Its where people get together and talk like the buffalo all drinking together at a pond.

By looking in on a few central watering holes they can get a good idea on what info is being spread all over.

ATS is a pawn in the Grand Intent.

The enemies the NWO order requires are being created here, and at many other watering holes around the web.

Without them they would not have reason to take away all of your freedoms....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the Three Amigos share ownership of the forum. Thus I'm quite sure that in practicality they have equal power, so it would make it a well balanced triangle.

RATS doesn't require a monentary subscription, instead it's like everything else on ATS in the way that it's free (except the t-shirts). It requires ATS points, but no money. Which means it isn't a direct way of making money, which makes it that much more mysterious in my eyes.

And about the moderators, the thing is we don't actually know how much more or less they know than us. We know they have a forum just for moderators and other high ranking members (admins, three amigos), but most of us don't actually know what gets said in that forum. So for all we know the location of the Ark of Covenant has been posted in there, but we wouldn't know.

But hey, just more food for thought from a crazed member.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was a moderator in another forum (maybe I still am?) but lost interest in the subject matter, and believe me, you ain't missin' nothin' from the moderator or administator forum section.
It's way better in the general population, that's where all the action is.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've moderated on a board too, however ATS is quite possibly the most unique forum in cyberspace. Very few boards even have as many members as we do, much less one as technically advanced as ATS. Very few boards have as well a defined pyramid of power. Ask yourself how many have three owners. Ask yourself how many actually have an elected council. Infact, much like the US Department of Homeland Security, there's a Cyberdrama Alert level.

I have to say that ATS apparently has a very advanced power structure. Even moderators are split into teams, serving under super moderators if I'm not mistaken. I just figure a board that's as well organized as ATS, and one that has such mysterious leadership is bound to have some very interesting secrets.

Oh and something I forgot to include, is the mysterious link labelled "virus" that used to be at the bottom of every page. It doesn't appear to be there anymore, but nobody ever seemed to be able to figure it out. Can anybody explain that?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't think there's a conspiracy here. Now, I'm sure intelligence people monitor this forum and possibly even post disinformation theories at times. No evidence of that, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised. But no, I don't see the creators of the site or the real goal of the site to be anything other than what it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have actually pestered Mr. Overlord and the Great Gray a few times . . . sorry, guys.

Anyhow, good theory. 10 days ago,If any of you read it, I posted something along these lines here, but the idea wasn't as advanced. In a nutshell, I proposed that abovetopsecret.com had been infiltrated by the Government, as a ways to monitor the current conspiracy theories floating around, as well as other stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread193736/pg1

Read it now! I've only got 102 views.

I like no. 3, but no. 6 crossed with no. 7 is probably the most accurate.

Good theory. Good post.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
hmm... thats a very interesting idea. it could very well be created by the nsa, or at least monitored by them. it would be very usefull in order to track everybody. but like it was stated, most of the evidence can be explained away logically, but the idea is still an interesting one

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
DAMMIT!

Always about Simon, Skeptic, Springer or Admins Thomas and WOS.

Never once about "that Zedd guy" or hey, he has three "Z's" in his name. Not a mention. Not a suspicion. Nothing.

Hmmmm, I am even wearing an NSA fleece jacket right now even and still I get no love.

Man...just so not fair...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's because you've never given administrative powers to people who shouldn't have had administrative power

However I'm wondering, what was the purpose of the "virus" link. I remember it involving some latin, but I don't remember the translation. It also involved some sort of circular writing if I remember correctly. Either way it's still one of the more mysterious things that goes unnoticed.

Also, I find it odd that MacKiller suddenly disappeared after becoming a well respected moderator. Yet he was never tracked down. I would've thought surely he'd have returned somehow.

Oh well, just more crazed thoughts from la cabeza de Cyber.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it is a conspiracy. If they didn't start up a website like this i'm sure someone else would have.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Rickey Gerard Perez]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
9874668.892823 GXQ.TNR
Possible compromise in sector 51. Mission goes to Zedd. Support avatars be on alert. Mission directive is to misdirect. Thread has been upgraded to watch status.
end protocol 69

Of course ATS is run by the NSA along with some alien watchers. It's monitored 25/7/365. I thought that was obvious. If it's not run by the NSA then why are we wasting our time here?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I've got ATS all figured out... Its reversed reverse psychology... They want us to think that what we think is that they're not Government agents, but I think the admin is clever to act as if they are acting as NWO agents to make us think that they may or may not be government agents working with aliens coinciding with NSA... Err... I think I've got a headache now.

But seriously though, my money's on #7...

They hand it to you; you devour it day after day. The paranoia ... It creeps up on you, until one day, you turn around and bite the hand that fed you all this time.

Just watch out for that Zedd guy... There's something really fishy about him ... I mean... 3 Z's in one name...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You know what, I'm sick of this. I'm paying good frakkin money to be secretly spied on by the NSA. I have half a mind to write a letter and make sure they are monitoring ATS. In fact, I think I'm going to suggest putting the staff here on the NSA payroll. Then we can get rid of the crappy ads. Anyone got a secret phone number I can call?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Cyberdude78,

No offence, but I think you are slipping into a state of Paranoia! When you speand too much times deep in the world of conspiriacy, you can become paranoiad. Some of the People you are getting scared of are as nomal as we are.

Look past all the screen names and fancy titles, you find normal, everyday people:

For example: Ghost, the ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance. The title is fancy and mysterious, but I'm a normal guy. In daily life, I'm a classroom aid for children with special needs at the Delrey School. If you saw me on the street you'd never think I was a part of ATS.

FredT, a friend of mine on this fourm. He's works in a hospital in Calafornia taking care of sick children.

We study conspircy and secret stuff, but we're normal people! No offence, but if your so deep into this stuff that your fellow ATS members scare you, and make you feel like your being watched because you don't know them personally, maybe you should take a break from ATS for a while, for your own good! We're here to find answers, not make people paranoid. Ignorance and Paranoia are what we're here to combat!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 16-2-2006 by ghost]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You can bet your bippy that things are not as they appear. I know NSA monitors this site..... i visit here..... nuf said.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ATS is simply a ploy by the government!! They secretly planted members on ATS to infiltrate the different threads and monitor the government's biggest threats, which are foil-wearing conspiracy theorists!!! They know that they can do more harm inside the lion's den than outside, obviously Zedd... YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE GOVERNMENT AGENTS!!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Numbers 3 and 4 are the correct for the most part IMO, but you can add the thread-killers who are so pervasive if anything needs TO GO.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Always about Simon, Skeptic, Springer or Admins Thomas and WOS.

perhaps

...if Ali Z could interview the 3 Amigos

then the truth would come out and you'd have your day

stupid bb code edit(s)

[edit on 20-2-2006 by masqua]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join