It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Student Charged with Felony Sugar Possession

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What lessons will this child learn about authority....justice...fairness...scale of consequence in relationship to one's actions???

Exactly. No one's thinking about the damage this has done to the kid and his future. So stupid! Who's running things here?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So what do we do about Wal-Mart then? Seems to me if this "look alike" drug law can be enforced on a kid for a science project (although i still think he may have been messing aound) then Wal-Mart should be considered a powerhouse in the look alike drug market due to the high quantity of powdered sugar/salt/sugar/arregeno(sp?) and other things they pass off to consumers. I guess that makes me a " look alike" drug junkie too.

Ill be the first to join your new country mfj649212 .

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Uber Fr0g]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Originally posted by Frosty
Kids won't learn if you don't punish them. Either give in to a group of disobediant brats or smack them so they at least act straight in your presence.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Frosty]

You must be joking Frosty.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm glad I live in Canada. But I soon may not be, seeing as we have Harper at the helm.

I wonder how long its gonna take before it is "illegal" to walk down the sidewalk.

Fine, if you were a teacher and kids in your class were passing around a bag of sugar and trying to pass it off as coc aine and you chose not to anything about it but ignore it, so be it. Must be fun teaching that class. I however would kick the student out of my class. Why allow an entire class to suffer due to one moron thinking he is so cool with his bag of sugar?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have to ask a few questions here.
First. If this sugar was for a science experiment why was the kid showing it off in the restroom?
Second. The article doesn't specifically mention it, but why didn't the kid leave the powdered sugar in the original box or bag?
Third. What Science experiment? My girlfriend teaches High School Science and she has no idea of an experiment requiring powdered sugar.

Let's not be too quick to jump on the school officials and the local police. How did the school officials know, without analysis, that it was powdered sugar in the bag? They didn't. They were required to notify the Police. The article states that the kid was teasing his friends that it was coc aine. From what I read this meets the requirements under the look-alike drug laws, so the Police have to charge him. It isn't their job to determine guilt or innocence, that is for the court to decide. At the least the kid deserves the suspension. He's also very lucky. What if he would have said that the bag contained Anthrax?

[edit on 20-2-2006 by JIMC5499]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what happen, I bet the child was showing the bag like it was dope and that is a felony.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So the kid was showing the bag around and pretending it was drugs. Fine. Felony for an adult. Fine. But he is just a kid. And missing two weeks of school won't help him at all.

Why are adults committing crimes all around me and getting away with it? And kids being treated like criminals for minor things? You can walk down the street smoking drugs with no consequences here (well downtown anyway).

Kids turn into adults. But before they do they need alot of love and support if you want them to be productive members of society. What kind of adult will he be if he is treated this way?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A simple answer, 95% of the adults are a lost cause, Kids can be saved.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunnabit
What kind of adult will he be if he is treated this way?

The kind that you later will find "walking" downtown, as you put it.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bratok
In the USSR of 1930th if, for example, a hammer has been found in your room, you could have been charged with plotting a murder of Stalin. If a saw has been found - you've been plotting a rail-road diversion, etc...

Isn't this thing slowly returning?

That's because Stalin wasn't all there he used to put out lists of people for his secret police to collect and send to gulags or to be killed and to the end of his life he didn't even say who to kill just kill X amount of people this month. So I don't think this resembles the CCCP or USSR one bit.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This crap will keep going on as long as the A.C.L.U. and/or S.C.L.C. are left to do business. The Left is trying to endroctonate our children to their views for quite some time now. Maybe when we run them out of town, it might just let up a bit then but they will winde up going someplacce else.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This crap will keep going on as long as the A.C.L.U. and/or S.C.L.C. are left to do business. The Left is trying to endroctonate our children to their views for quite some time now. Maybe when we run them out of town, it might just let up a bit then but they will winde up going someplacce else.

What has this got to do with the topic? What 'crap' are you referencing in the first sentence? What indocrination, exactly?

For the record, I don't think the kid was telling the truth, but that doesn't change my opinion on the question of whether or not sugar posession should be a felony. Maybe people don't know exactly what that means.

Basically it means you're marginalized and criminalized for the rest of your natural life. Welcome to the short-list for every crime committed within a thousand miles of your home, welcome to compromised constitutional rights. It's a pretty horrible thing to do to someone, certainly not warranted over a bag of sugar.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I seriously could not beleive this thread when i read it, its unbeleivable. The kid is 12, 12, do you remember what it was like being 12. I probabley would have joked to my friend that its Coke. thats what kids do for gods sake. Ive been bombarding the school with emails for the past few days about how stupid their decision was. The law nowadays is becoming pathetic. A guy in Kent was fined £80 ($150) for saying in a private conversation to his friend, "I dont f***ing know". It just so happened that a cop overheard him and the bint slapped him with a fine. I didnt even realise that we lost our right for the freedom of speech. When did this happen?? This law is only supposed to be used when, for example, your stood in a school playground surrounded by children shoutin at the top of your voice "F**K, S**t, b*****d!!!" and this guy was stood on HIS street with his friend and noone else. I personaly would have told the cop to stick the ticket up he fat f**cking a**e and seen if she gave me two more tickets. or maybe she would have done me for assaulting a police officer i dont know.

Ram

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Why don't they put the kid in the electric chair ?

Let him die for he's crime.

And while we are at it - kill all the students in the school. They gonna make trouble no matter what.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antony_Tony
I probabley would have joked to my friend that its Coke.
And you should have gone to jail. It a controlled substance.

Ive been bombarding the school with emails for the past few days about how stupid their decision was. Why did they bombard you?

The law nowadays is becoming pathetic. A guy in Kent was fined £80 ($150) for saying in a private conversation to his friend, "I dont f***ing know". It just so happened that a cop overheard him and the bint slapped him with a fine. Sorry, there has to be more to the story.

I didnt even realise that we lost our right for the freedom of speech.
its more about being civil and respectful in school.

When did this happen?? This law is only supposed to be used when, for example, your stood in a school playground surrounded by children shoutin at the top of your voice "F**K, S**t, b*****d!!!" and this guy was stood on HIS street with his friend and noone else.
How do you know what the law is to be used for? Times have changed
I personaly would have told the cop to stick the ticket up he fat f**cking a**e and seen if she gave me two more tickets
I don't believe you.
. or maybe she would have done me for assaulting a police officer i dont know.
Maybe she would have done you? Sex?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Basically it means you're marginalized and criminalized for the rest of your natural life. Welcome to the short-list for every crime committed within a thousand miles of your home, welcome to compromised constitutional rights. It's a pretty horrible thing to do to someone, certainly not warranted over a bag of sugar.

A wonderful thing to do to a child, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Antony_Tony
I probabley would have joked to my friend that its Coke.
And you should have gone to jail. It a controlled substance.

I should have gone to jail for Joking about drugs at 12?? Nah i think thats a bit too far.

Ive been bombarding the school with emails for the past few days about how stupid their decision was. Why did they bombard you?

No they didnt but i dont realy care, it was a horrible, needless decision thats going to ruin this childs life.

The law nowadays is becoming pathetic. A guy in Kent was fined £80 ($150) for saying in a private conversation to his friend, "I dont f***ing know". It just so happened that a cop overheard him and the bint slapped him with a fine. Sorry, there has to be more to the story.

No there is no more to the story. its a new law in britain which i personally think is pathetic.

I didnt even realise that we lost our right for the freedom of speech.
its more about being civil and respectful in school. He wasnt near a school.

he was on his own street, nowhere near a bleedin school.

When did this happen??

about a week ago.

This law is only supposed to be used when, for example, your stood in a school playground surrounded by children shoutin at the top of your voice "F**K, S**t, b*****d!!!" and this guy was stood on HIS street with his friend and noone else.
How do you know what the law is to be used for? Times have changed

To serve and protect, not to fine us and harrass us for swearing.

I personaly would have told the cop to stick the ticket up he fat f**cking a**e and seen if she gave me two more tickets
I don't believe you.

Dont beleive me about what?? I have zero respect for the police, ive been pulled over and searched and pncd too many times in my life for the way i dress or because of the area i live in. And they always treat me like a criminal. The mahority of police that ive encountered have been violent and rude for no reason.

. or maybe she would have done me for assaulting a police officer i dont know.
Maybe she would have done you? Sex?

No mate im british. Done me as in arrested me.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There is definitely more to this story than meets the eye.

notice that the "sugar daddy" never showed it to his science teacher. He said that he planned to ask for permission to perform "an experiment."

So, as long as I'm a juvenile, and glib, I should just walk away, right?

I would be surprised if this kid COULD get anything more than probation, with his record expunged when he reaches majority.

And what did the parcel look like? A 5 kilo brick covered in shrink wrap? Did he slit it with a knife and offer a free whiff to the first taker?

We don't know. Our source doesn't elaborate.

In most states, a "look alike" must be presented as the genuine article.

What about the kid "handing out" ecstacy. I expect the prosecutor's office will need to prove that the kid had an expectation of what the items really were. Most exstacy I've seen could not be confused with any candy, since it LOOKS LIKE a pill.

Again, the source article was written to inflame you against the unfeeling school system and brutal police.

Looks like it worked.

Now, accept anything else the media tells you.

Go back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Each of these stories gets more and more shocking :shk:

I am speechless but need to fill space here.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My mistake Tony, the way you where talking it was as if you was from the states.

Here in the states kids are killed for selling sugar/flower as powder coc aine. Murdered in the streets because they think its easy way to make money and its cool.

So which is better, a slap on the wrist or a bullet in the head?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Kids over there can actually get away with that? Wouldnt they just get clocked as soon as the buyer tests it? I knew that that muppet 50 cent was into that stuff (i cant stand people who admit to sellin crack and still become a role model for younger generations) when he was young but he was from a ghetto. ive seen pictures of the school and and it looks quite respectable. im guessin this kid was just trying to show off and look hard infront of his mates. which all kids do. i dont know how it works in america but isnt there like one school in every 60 miles?? so this child is gonna find it very hard to get to school from now on. hes gonna grow up with less respect for the law then me, and 5 years probation is not a slap on the wrist, maybe if he was caught trying to flog it as coke, but he seems to be just showing off. i know people who have been caught with coke and received less than that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join