It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another New Tomb: This Time in Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From BBC NEWs

Archaeologists in Greece say they are examining the largest underground tomb ever found in the country.

They said a farmer had stumbled across the tomb carved into the rock near the ancient city of Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great.

Archaeologists believe it dates to the period after Alexander's death, which was marked by mass power struggles.

Goto the Article

Another tomb has been discovered, this time in Greece, apparently from a rich family, in the time just after Alexander the Great. It appears to have been looted, but much of it is still intact. It is thought to be the largest ever found in the country.

Its not just Egypt that has secrets to offer!!

Dan

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That's an interesting find. It just goes to show that there is still some really interesting stuff out there for archaeologists to dig up. Too bad so many of the tombs we find are looted already...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm lovin all these discoveries, I think this is gonna be one of the biggest years for amazing finds, I mean its only february & look at what we got in the past week or so.

keep em comin

ATS ROCKS!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The tomb of Alexander The Great is in Macedonia, in Belasica. But im not sure where exactly.

top topics

join