It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The reason it's news is because it involves the vice president. If Al Gore had accidentally shot someone when he was vice president., it would've been in the news too.

It was a hunting accident, yes. Involving someone famous, and incidents involving famous people go in the news, regardless of people's opinions towards the people.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Understood. However, the rule you just cited requires a collaboration. The leaving of the party by Whittington should have been met with awareness. I'll grant that...'according to the press release'.......Whittington should have been aware of the fact that his partners would continue hunting, but his partners should have been aware of the fact that he was de facto.

He was de facto where do you get that from? That is a legal term that makes no sense here within the context we are discussing.

now with that siad nowhere in the article does he state he left the area and reentered or you trying to read between the lines something that is not there?

The fact you seem to what to avoid is that he entered his partners area without telling him he did so.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It doesn't matter that it is a member of the Bush Administration. Frankly, I don't see it as a big deal, because hunting accidents do happen. More often than they should.

However, that said, it also doesn't matter who the shooter was. The number 2 (#1 is "Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded) rule is "Always be sure of your target."

Period. Finis. Done. No argument; no room for argument. If a shooter shoots something he/she does not mean to shoot, it means the shooter screwed up.

Should a hunter go into the firing area of a fellow hunter? No, of course not. But what if the hunter that gets shot is shot by a hunter he doesn't know is there?

The shooter is ALWAYS, as BH says, responsible for what is out in front of the business end. Always.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Grady, that's because anything positive about these creeps is usualy bogus, lies and Bu$hite...

I would rather not have these so called 'leaders', killing animals for 'sport', while men and women are dying in the war they created.

If they want 'sport', or to shoot something, I suggest they go join their 'army' in Iraq. But oh no, the Iraqi's shoot back.

I think we should start a politition hunting season, now that would be 'sport'. Put a bunch of them on the white trash house lawn and shoot away. I garantee you we wouldn't mistake a politition from a 'hunter'.

[edit on 12/2/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
He was de facto where do you get that from? That is a legal term that makes no sense here within the context we are discussing.

My apologies. I was using the term loosely with the assumption that the de facto nature was understood.......de fact o' the matter is that he was absent from the party where his delineation should have been in the forefront of the minds of all involved.......

now with that siad nowhere in the article does he state he left the area and reentered or you trying to read between the lines something that is not there?

You're right. There isn't any reference to what he said regarding the incident. However, the eyewitness account asserts that Whittington left to check on his own bird shot and then re-entered the party....no reading between the lines.....

The fact you seem to what to avoid is that he entered his partners area without telling him he did so.

Not avoiding...really. I still hold that a point by point analysis of the media presentation is an act of irrelevancy. I find it hard to believe that there is such an extensive eyewitness account from a person situated in a vehicle.....check Grady's post on the first page.

Grady.....meh.....Cheney is associated with Bush, but first and foremost, he is a leader of this country. His actions warrant speculation, especially since he has very staunch views regarding issues that many Americans consider......with all due respect, your point is moot, considering ATSNN highlights news pieces regarding nameless humans as well as the more renowned....

[edit on 12-2-2006 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Whoa gang, what the hell does this have to do with Bush? Or the Administration? Topic folks.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by intrepid]

8th

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Blah blah blah.

Its just a common gun accident, it could happen to any one of us. Just because DC did it makes it no different.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Grady.....meh.....Cheney is associated with Bush, but first and foremost, he is a leader of this country. His actions warrant speculation, especially since he has very staunch views regarding issues that many Americans consider......with all due respect, your point is moot, considering ATSNN highlights news pieces regarding nameless humans as well as the more renowned....

Yeah, right. Where's the conspiratorial content of this story?

Stories deemed unworthy of ATSNN:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

This one made it, but look at the brouhaha:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree, just a hunting accident and the reason I don't hunt with anyone.

Roper

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Whoa gang, what the hell does this have to do with Bush? Or the Administration? Topic folks.

Intrepid, the story has everything to do with the Administration. If it were not Dick Cheney, the Vice President of the United States, this story would not have made the local news, much less MSN, and even less ATSNN.

[edit on 2006/2/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Intrepid, the story has everything to do with the Administration. If it were not Dick Cheney, the Vice President of the United States, this story would not have made the local news, much less MSN, and even less ATSNN.

I disagree Grady, it's political for sure but no more so than if Ted Nugent(celebrity) capped someone. However, let's not make the politics out to be more than what it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Yeah, right. Where's the conspiratorial content of this story?

Stories deemed unworthy of ATSNN:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

This one made it, but look at the brouhaha:

Since you brought it up. What is your point? Who do you think the ATSNN content is controlled by?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Question: What happens when you have 5 military deferments to avoid serving in Nam?

Answer: You never learn how to handle a weapon and shoot your friends instead of the enemy.

Or?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This appears to be an accident. I seriously doubt the VP meant to shot his friend and I'm quite sure he feels about 1/8 of an inch high. I am not the VP's biggest fan as a matter of fact I wish he would shut his mouth, however he shouldn't be hung out to dry on this any more then any other hunter would be.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Accident, cheany should be glad the guy didn't get seriously harmed, or even killed, and they were hunting quail and not Deer, or other larger animal taht would ahve required larger shot.

Yes I so much would have liked cheany to get worse. And it is obviosu the Main stream media is going ot try and spin this enough so that Cheany looks good. I just hope that the story is true, and hasn't been changed to protect the VP

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It's a good thing Dickey boy was using a girlie gun or he might have killed his friend. What a wimp the VP is to be using a 28 gauge.

BTW, if this story hasen't been changed just a little to protect the VP then his staff are not doing their jobs very well.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Astronomer68]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
heres looking at it from another angle. he deliberately shot at the person behind him but didnt know it was his friend.

thats a possible scenario if he was out there with no body guards and he hears somebody coming through the trees behind him and he has a gun in his hand and 'hunting accidents' are easy to cover up with no recriminations it seems.

i also have to wonder what the eyewitness/owner was doing in a car staring at the scene before it happened

would this be the same harry whittington, i wonder, - www.bushwatch.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It was no accident...it was cheney the dick's inner anti-christ coming out

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Maybe he's practicing for freeing up another spot with The Supremes. Scalia should be careful hunting with Dick "Barney Fife" Cheney from now on!

January 17, 2003

(CBS) Vice President Dick Cheney and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spent part of last week duck hunting together at a private camp in southern Louisiana,

Cheney-Scalia: Hunting Partners

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Dick Cheney accidentally shot a man in Texas on a hunting trip today. .

He shot him Saturday the 11th, the story didn't get released until about 3:30 central time sunday.

Almost 24 hours passed before it was let out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join