It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney accidentally shoots man in hunting accident

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by bpletcj
I was almost in tears laughing when they showed th reenactment of the incident. That was the funniest thing I have seen on tv (next to South Park that is) in a long time.

Yeah, where the guy got in the way of Duck Hunt, the whole thing was great. They have material for weeks now....

Yeah, thats the one. I have been digitally recording the daily show this week because like you said they will have material on this for weeks.

I'll make a DVD out of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This chart...

shows #7.5 bird shot at 30 yards would have the energy of ~2 foot punds.
Thats nothing! barely enough to peirce the skin let alone the orange vest he was wearing according to the the reports on thesmokinggun.com then the shirt he must have been wearing, THEN his skin, Then the fat and muscle of the chest. and migrating through the extreemly thick/tough muscle of the heart.

BTW 2 foot pounds is the force of 2 pounds travling over the distance of 1 foot.
converts to 2.71 joules.
There's some sort of coverup here.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Halfofone]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i dont know if this has beeen posted but whe after they checked on the guy cheney shot... they noticed he has an irregular heart beat because cheneys bullet skimmed his heart. they (hospital) say cheney could very well be having a slow motion heart attack. i wounder if the victim dies if cheney will be charged with murder. every hunter knows if your gonna shoot at something try not to shoot at a human. cheney needs new glasses.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Cheney cleared in shooting accident

U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney didn't break any laws when he accidentally shot and wounded a fellow hunter on Saturday, the Kenedy County Sheriff's office in Sarita, Texas, reported Thursday.

It has closed the investigation without laying charges.

I guess if your the VP your always telling the truth. You think they did any investigation beyond looking at the accident report?

I think Cheney was drunk, that's why they waited before fileing the report and turned away the sheriff's deputies that night . The report says he had no alcohol, yet now the story he tells fox is he had one beer. hmmm

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If it was any other person, they'd be in jail right now. Blind shooting, shooting at noises, is illegal, is most all states.
Hmmm...........Will he be charged..let me think about that......NO

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
TIMELINE OF INCIDENT (according to cnn)

Feb 11
6:50 p.m
While aiming for a quail, Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter Harry Whittington, striking him in the face, neck and chest with numerous pellets of birdshot. Medical staff, Secret Service agents and members of the hunting party administer first aid.

7:20 p.m.
An ambulance transports the 78-year-old Texas lawyer to a nearby hospital in Kingsville, according to The Associated Press.

7:30 p.m.
The remainder of the hunting party returns to the ranch house. White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card tells President Bush that there has been a hunting accident, unaware at the time that the vice president was involved.

7:50 p.m.
The Secret Service notifies the Kenedy County Sheriff's Office of the incident. The sheriff requests the chance to talk to Cheney, and arrangements are made for an interview Sunday morning.

8 p.m.
After talking with Katharine Armstrong, whose family owns the ranch and who accompanied the hunting party, White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove tells Bush that Cheney has shot Whittington.

Evening
Cheney and members of the hunting party dine at the ranch, and sheriff's deputies who heard reports of an accident arrive to offer help but are turned away, the AP reported, adding that the Secret Service retracted an earlier statement that the deputies sought to interview Cheney.

9:15 p.m.
Whittington is flown to a hospital in Corpus Christi and is treated in the intensive care unit, the AP reported.

Late night
The White House situation room notifies Bush spokesman Scott McClellan of an accident in Cheney's hunting party, but not who was involved.

Feb 12
6 a.m.
The situation room awakens White House press secretary Scott McClellan with a telephone call and informs him that Cheney was the shooter. McClellan pushes the vice president's office to inform the media quickly, he says later.

9 a.m.
Kenedy County sheriff's deputies interview Cheney. Armstrong starts leaving messages for a reporter at the Corpus Christi Caller-Times newspaper.

Noon
Armstrong reaches the reporter with information on the shooting.

2:48 p.m.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times publishes a brief story about the shooting on its Web site.

3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
CNN and other news agencies confirm news of the shooting after a bulletin is issued by the AP.

Afternoon
Cheney visits Whittington in the hospital.

Feb 13

1:15 p.m.
Cheney participates in a White House meeting with Bush and United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan but departs before the arrival of reporters, the AP said.

3 p.m.
Doctors take Whittington out of an intensive-care unit and place him in a private room, the AP reported.

5 p.m.
The chief deputy sheriff for Kenedy County says the shooting is being handled as a hunting accident, the AP reported.

6:20 p.m.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's accident report says the main contributing factor was a "hunter's judgment factor" and that both Cheney and Whittington were violating state law because they did not have required stamps to accompany their licenses, the AP reported.

7:20 p.m.
Cheney's office releases a statement saying it had been unaware the vice president needed the $7 stamp and that he has sent a check for that amount to Texas, the AP reported.

Feb 14

7:30 a.m.
Hospital officials say Whittington suffers a minor heart attack when a pellet moves in or near his heart. Cheney learns the news that doctors will perform a cardiac catheterization, the AP reported.

10 a.m.
Doctors perform the cardiac catheterization and tell Whittington afterward in the intensive care unit that he will likely remain in the hospital for another week, the AP reported.

12:30 p.m.
The vice president's chief of staff hands him a note that Whittington's doctors will have a press conference in 30 minutes.

1 p.m.
After returning to the White House, Cheney watches on television as the doctors discuss the heart problem.

1:30 p.m.
The vice president telephones Whittington and says he will offer any assistance needed.

Now accoring to the Report
the report was filed and signed by the warden on FEB 13 !

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
DL this video..

Alex Jones cheney shooting video

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
so the victim goes home today which is good. The distrubing part for me was he apologized to Cheney and his family for all they went through this week. Seriously the guy who gets shot in the face and suffers a related heart attack is apologizing because his assailant had a bad week?

Something is pretty wrong with that. I do not understand this protection of Cheney at all. Yes it was an accident but if I had accidently shot someone would I have been allowed all the "freedom" from investigation, no.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I read that in the paper today.

Case closed!

Two tier equal justice.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wait, my friend accidently shoots someone in the face, he goes to jail. Cheney gets drunk and goes on a alcoholic supported rampage and he doesn't get in trouble.

My friend's victim pulls his cell phone out, calls 911, waits for ambulence, gets on, so forth. Cheney's drunken rampage victim goes to hospital, has a heart attack, and nearly dies. Strange, is this anything like the double standards for athletes?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by ludaChris
Isnt Cheney allowed to have a personal life?

The short answer: No.

It's comes with voluntarily accepting such a public office and is part of the "package deal".

Everything he does is subject to public scrutiny, and he knew that going into office.

If they wanted him killed dont you think they could have had a plan that didnt involve the VP pulling the trigger himself?

Valid point.

How does it affect any of you personally in any way?

No more than Clinton getting a "BJ" on the side, and we all know what happened with that story.

Although I do find his illegal hunting a bit disturbing, and anytime a politician is breaking any laws, no matter how "trivial" some people may view it, it should be brought to light.

Also, I feel that "just a warning" is out of line, if anything, politicians should be held responsible, and to a higher standard than the general public.

It's not like the fine would "break him".

[edit on 2/15/06 by redmage]

Good point! I didnt think of it that way. I understand he is a public figure, and here in the states and everywhere else I would assume, your life is subject to public scrutiny. Maybe its just my personal dislike of the media, or maybe if I were a public figure, I wouldnt deal with the media at all unless I had to. Thats just me though, I cant really put myself in a public figures shoes, because well, I'm not one. I dont plan to be either, I hate attention. haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join