It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mehmet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You told me to stop talking about anti u.s dabble, and talk about manpads.

Well we are also talking about Iran, my fellow muslims who are under attack every week from the U.S, and it's masters in Tel Aviv who got America in to the hole it's in now. The same country, Iran, helped us when nobody would give us weapons, the same weapons like the misagh 1.

Iran is a great nation despite sanctions against. It makes great missiles like misagh 2 and many others. I can't take scum like that monkey saying a missile like the misagh 2 is no good, a missile that hits first every time. The American stinger does not have a record like that.

What the U.S can't see is Iran is going to be a superpower, like it or not in ten years time, visit irandefence.com.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
sorry, the point of your post was...

(I am not being rude I just have no idea what you are talking about)

[edit on 12/2/06 by Klepto]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bosnianwarrior
what the u.s cant see is iran is going to be a superpower like it or not in ten years time visit irandefence.com.

I'm sorry but that isn't going to happen.

[edit on 12/2/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

many others i cant take scum like that monkey saying a missile like the misagh 2 is no good a missile that hits first every time the american stinger does not have a record like that.

What monkey?,can you prove that the misaghII hits its target every time?

iran is going to be a superpower

Explain this,on what grounds do you possibly believe that Iran will be a super power within 10 years, millitary, industrial, economic ? is this a joke?

I agree with Klepto I dont really know what your on about either, sorry

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
He is speaking about this thread where he released an uncontrolled stream of words just like the one above.

Anyway, he wont last long here as he openly wished death to people.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is rather interesting it is.

While, you're stating this bulk of information, and pointing out other classes of information about people you don't even know, you have nothing backing it.

Lets see, you are who now...:

First: Defense is spelt with an S.
Second: The server that this is on DOESNT REPLY IN TIMELY MANNERS.

Reply from 66.118.136.67 bytes=32 time=114 TTL=50

And your whois record, this wouldn't come up if the site were real, and, it wouldn't be on a .com domain. Let alone the fact that the server is RENTED.

WHOIS!
Oh, and your domains on BUDGET NAMES

Name Manila Industries, Inc.
Address 3843 S. Bristol St. #628
City Santa Ana, CA

Interesting. no?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Shugo, you are incorrect.

I am presuming you are American. Americans spell the word defence 'defense.' To me, this is the wrong spelling. America isn't the only country in the world, as much as they would like to think.

Now, bosnianwarrior, I have no idea what that post was about!
I am unbiased when it comes to the Mid East, and Iran is not going to be a super power in ten years time. Sorry, old chum.
And what's all that about missiles? How many times has this Misagh 2 missle been fired, compared to the Patriot? I'm sure once you shoot it 100, 000 + times it's bound to miss at least once.

[edit on 13/2/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That may be, but the rest of my information is correct. I'll respect the matter of spelling, as I work with many people who spell things differently.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

What the U.S can't see is Iran is going to be a superpower, like it or not in ten years time, visit irandefence.com.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by ADVISOR]

iran is never going to be a super power. if it isnt careful its going to attacked by the only current world uper power america, at that is a very bad thing to do if you wish to be a super power

justin

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Iran can turn into a super power. Iran currently is a regional power but then the middle east is full of powerfull countries. Just look at Turkey, Israel, Iran, Syria and Egypt.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Perhaps, however I don't think that the middle eastern nations exactly like eachother enough to allow for a superpower in that region.

Sure one of them could go and conquer the others, but there's three main problems with that.

1. I doubt the US, China and EU would be very amused with a single middle eastern power controlling all the oil fields.
  2. The US has enough problems in Iraq, just imagine a power without the US's level of training and technology trying to hold on to even larger amounts of territory.
  3. Israel would probably do some strategic airstrikes before things got out of hand.

Anyhow what I'm getting at is that the political climate in the middle east probably won't allow for a superpower in that region for a long time.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Potential for superpower:

Brazil
India

You need to have the landmass/resources to become a superpower.
Do Germany/France/U.K./Italy qualify as superpowers?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would say no, though the EU as a whole certainly would. Also, China probrably belongs on the list of superpower contenders, if not actual superpowers right now. I think the list of qualifications to be a super power went something like this...

Resources
International Commerce
Global Influence
Military strength

There was never any 'official' list for those requirements, but if there's anything on the list China's lacking it's global influence, and with an economy and population like thiers, it's questionable to say they don't have that.

Perhaps "Global Force Projection" should be on the list...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't think it's in our intentions to become a super power, we instead only want to be a regional power which we are and will probably hold that position for a long time to come. Were self-sufficent now and most of the military hardware you see for our army is made by us, we could one day be in a arms race with Israel but for now I think everything will be calm.

PS-- Thanks for the nice comment Bosnianwarrioir about us helping you guys out during the war you had, I do recall some revolutionary guards and mostly basij forces in Bosnia training troops and even helping them out through guerrila warfare, IMO I think Iran and Bosnia should do more business together in terms of economic ties to military.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travellar
I would say no, though the EU as a whole certainly would. Also, China probrably belongs on the list of superpower contenders, if not actual superpowers right now. I think the list of qualifications to be a super power went something like this...

Resources
International Commerce
Global Influence
Military strength

There was never any 'official' list for those requirements, but if there's anything on the list China's lacking it's global influence, and with an economy and population like thiers, it's questionable to say they don't have that.

Perhaps "Global Force Projection" should be on the list...

Well except for Global force projection China scores a yes on all of the above criteria IMHO.

India lacks on Global Influence I think..I don't know..I'm Indian anyways..
Power projection is not an issue with India.
Iran..well yes it is a regional power, but what region?
The MiddleEast?..
That region has the U.S./E.U./Russia deeply involved. Iran doesn't have much popular opinion here, militarily or otherwise.

The Persian Gulf?..
Well ok if you exclude Pakistan, but there's nothing really to boss over here either. Iraq and Afghanistan have the US embedded, and the breakaway soviet states are well not being "influenced" Iranian foreign policy.

So a regional power, maybe, but tell me where?

Another question:

Is Pakistan counted as a Regional Power then?

One might argue that the saem logic can apply to India vis-a-vis China but IMO India-China is more like E.U. - Russia..don't you say?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Regional power might be harder to define, as there are so many regions in the world. I would definately call Iran a regional power, as thier actions and policies strongly affect all those around them, whether they like each other or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
First: Defense is spelt with an S.

Not in the other half of the english speaking world

EDIT: sorry it was covered one post down

[edit on 17-2-2006 by chinawhite]

top topics

join