It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Impeached, Cheney Resigns?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Nope, but I'm not naive or paranoid enough to spin what happened into living in a police state... Forever. Good Lord.

Allow the government to spy on private communications, without the restrictions imposed by due process of law, and you have the beginnings of a police state. The only things that protect us from the abuses found under despotic governments are the restraints we place on our government to prevent those abuses. One of the most important of those restraints is the requirement that the government have probable cause before it engages in criminal investigations. Abandon that, and you have truly opened Pandora's box.

The "forever" part is in recognition that the "war on terror" is unwinnable. It's also unlosable. It's a permanent state of war, because there will always be terrorism, just as there has always been terrorism. So any emergency measures that we put in place due to the war on terror are permanent, because the war itself is permanent.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think bush and cheney should be gone, and i don't me just from office!!!

Thats my opinition!!!

911 probably would of never happened. The goverment probably knew what was going to happen and did not do a damn thing about it!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Remember when the Feds started seizing the property of drug dealers and making them forfeit it? Not long after the local police departments started doing the same thing. Then they started seizing the property first and making the owner prove it wasn't drug related before they could get it back.

Remember when the Feds passed the Patriot act to fight terrorists? Not long after the Locals were charging people with terroristic threatening just for saying they were going to beat the crap out of the next door neighbor.

It's the creep down effect that worries me.

Right now the President says he can listen to anyone he wants without a court order. Before long the local law enforcement in your community will be doing the same.

You DO have allot to lose here.

More on the topic, I don't think Bush should be impeached. I don't think thats even an option at this point. But he should be made to live within the law.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I be all for impeaching Bush if he DID NOT monitor suspicious phone calls.

We were attacked, America is a battlefield. Battlefield intelligence should never be illegal.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I be all for impeaching Bush if he DID NOT monitor suspicious phone calls.

We were attacked, America is a battlefield. Battlefield intelligence should never be illegal.

You'll think woooooo when you wake up one day with a tank in your front yard.
Have any of you idiots who think the shrub is doing us any service at all, even heard of the patriot act? (I didn't capitalize becuse I refuse to afford the document I refer to with that much respect) If you have, and still think it's a good thing for us; to "protect" us by taking away our freedoms, might try READING the damn thing.
You now have no Constitution, no Bill of Rights, no due process. NO FREEDOM. Wake up dammit before it's too late.
When the government fears the people you have liberty, when the people fear the government, you have tyranny.
All of you dumbasses who say, "well, I don't care if they do this or tap that or spy on so and so", need to realize that if this continues on it's present course, sooner or later, they'll get around to taking away something that DOES matter to you. What will you say then? Will it matter to you then?
WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
HOTAMITEE!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If you think Bush cares about the average American's boring phone calls. Then you are surely a Bush basher. You honestly think Bush cares when your wife calls you to pick up some milk?

You are completely missing the point Carseller4, what he is doing violates the U.S. Constitution. Which is something that millions American soldiers have died to give you. I refuse to just give that up, something that has such a high price. Anybody who tries to destroy that gift deserves to bashed. So does this make me a Bush-basher, yeah I geus it does. Will I try I try to bash Bush everytime he fails to live up to his obligation to protect and defend the constitution, the answer to that is must definatly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, YES. Am I ashamed of this ? Not at all,actually I'm proud of the fact. This man dishonors everysingle American servicemember past, present or future. So go on ask me where my loyalties lie.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by wackedoutgeek]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join