It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we agree that Bush was right? ...Finally?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So. Have you been castigated enough yet? Seen enough people telling you all about how evil americans are, and the corporate demons among us?If not, don't fear, more is on the way, complete with moral equivelents.
Bet you didn't know that the evil doers throughout American history were all, every single one of them, only responding to the evil done unto them by evil corporate america. Well now you know.

Wow, thank you for adding nothing to this topic.

If you have something of value to post please do.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ah, don't worry about the replies of these people, to them Bush can do no right and everything is his fault.
Anyway, the Radical Muslims are trying to set up an Islamic Caliphate and anyone who cant see that is very naive.

Bush could've put his effort into forging peace with these coutries. He could've bridge the gap between the different cultures and fixed everything. At the very least... HE COULD'VE LEFT THEM ALONE.

Plain and simple, they believe theur land is holy. Not US land. They don't care about US land. If Al Queda did bomb New York (which I sincerely don't believe) they were doing it in retaliation for our disruption of their culture. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THIS???

Ram

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I can see it happend... Yet im fairly blinded.
A fog - has clouded "my" mind - i cannot see anymore...

I wish i could choose a side - that i could end my life knowing what it was all about...

I don't feel part of this world anymore...
Let them nuke this planet - i don't really care anymore...
I had my lifes - i did my time on this planet...

I wanna go home...

Cheer up people!!! LOOOL*

Bush is right?? They are right - we are right...
We are allright...

I hope you people know what your talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
at the end of all this, year 2026 Bush will be rememberd as a Hero, one of the last corporate bought presidents that used the name of freedom to bring about change. Bush does not know if what he is doing is right for America, however considering who his freinds are this is the best they came up to preserve the status quo. Little do they know the American people will change that region (ME), but not in the way they think. By the way this will be remember as a Religious WAR in the eyes of religious people, as a Democracy vs Dictatorships in the eyes of neo-conservatives. But mostly it will be remember as a Disinformation War in the age of Information. We must thank Bush for making a stand against this new wave of pretty well informed citizens that are using nonconvencional ways to research, exchange and spread information.
Bush is a Dino waiting for a cataclism to end his reign, that cataclism is on its way.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Xerrog
Bush was wrong.

He needs to be impeached at the very least.

Most likely jailed and given the death sentence.

kix said:

Amen to that....

Can we add Chavez to the list?

No! Why do people believe Chavez is so evil?

He is the best thing that's ever happened to his country.

Don't you people ever read up on this stuff, or do you spew your own ignorance as fact?
Because Bush says he is evil, does not mean he is evil, he is just not profitable to George's rich pals in big business.

Here is a good place to start your edumacasion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

At least your not a Bush lover, we can agree on that.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
People will always hate those who have freedoms, its that simple.

Why? Who would hate freedom? I don't know of anyone who actually wants to be oppressed themselves. They might want to oppress others, but wanting to be oppressed? That's crazy talk.

The people that make a big deal out of the US taking away our freedom, name some freedoms that have been taking away from us in the past 50 years.

Here are a few off the top of my head.

Older
1. Mandatory seat belt laws, restricting the right to personal choice.
2. Ban on drugs, restricting the right to personal choice.

Recent
3. Restriction on public protest at large events
4. The creation of an enemy combatant classification that gets no rights.
4a. Indefinite detention of individuals without a fair chance in court or a speedy trial.
5. Violation of fourth amendment rights with warrantless wiretaps.
6. Violation of fifth amendment rights with new eminent domain expansion.
7. Approval of a future national ID card which will contain far more personal information than is needed in addition to a database holding additional information.

There are more, but you get the point.

And I too believe Bush was quite wrong. "They hate us for our freedom"? That's laughable. They hate us for interfering with their lives and killing their families.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hmmm...ok I'll try to add to the conversation here. CRManger has said that Mr. Bush is right, that this is a war against EVIL. My sarcastic agreement with those who disagree apparently went awry, so I'll try again.

The contention that America is the root of all evil, is silly to say the least. America has, and continues to, stand for something more than corporate greed. It stands as an advocate for freedom to pursue your vision of happiness and prosperity, whatever the vision maybe. We, as Americans, have, along with our allies, put those ideals on the firing line many times.
My own family, six generations worth, have done this. Not for any hope of riches, or sneaker endorsements, but because it was, and is, the right thing to do.

I know this sounds like a really cheesy TV soundbite, but it is how I feel about my own nation. Yes, there are skeletons in the closet that is America, slavery and its aftermath, the Indian wars, I don't deny that, but unlike most, we cast a bright light on our shortcomings and address them.
We may fumble in our attempts to better the world, but our hearts are always in the right place.

Is that better?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
America is the one who needs a regime change

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seagull said:

Is that better?

No!
Your lifestyle as it is now is brought to you by the very corporations who are now robbing you of the lifestyle you are accustomed to.
They already rob poor counties of their oil and natural resources.

Their job is to sell you stuff and make obscene profits while they take jobs away from you and get Chinese people and their kids to work 12-16 hours a day for 2 bux a day, so that you can buy cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

These are the cut throat, dog eat dog times we live in.

It wasn't alway exactly that way, wait? maybe it was.

I'm not 100% right here, but you get my drift.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Regime change? Fine, we call them elections. Vote, vote, vote. Be a volunteer for whichever political party, or ideology you choose.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Man!, man!, Man!!!
Democracy is dead in USA, didn't you know that?!
Replaced with something I call De-mock-racy.

I am sure you know what I mean, don't you?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The contention that America is the root of all evil, is silly to say the least.

You're right, it is. It is not the root of all evil. There is evil in every country, including America.

It stands as an advocate for freedom to pursue your vision of happiness and prosperity, whatever the vision maybe. We, as Americans, have, along with our allies, put those ideals on the firing line many times.
My own family, six generations worth, have done this. Not for any hope of riches, or sneaker endorsements, but because it was, and is, the right thing to do.

Many of our citizens may feel this to be the case and indeed try to promote such things themselves, but I no longer believe our government cares to promote freedom and justice for we the citizens or the rest of the world. They do things to further themselves and their friends. Our representatives can be bought off to vote for corporate wishes, but when we the citizens write them, it doesn't really make any difference.

So while I believe in and promote freedom, justice and equality, I don't think our nation as a whole does. And it needs to, on a government level at least. The people are free to believe what they want. But our government should be dedicated to promoting those things most. And I don't mean the freedom and democracy they're supposedly spreading in the middle east. First we need to fix things at home.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I take it then that you neither vote, nor volunteer? Small wonder you think de-mock-racy is dead.

Truely your world view and mine are incompatible. Whatever problems exist in a representitive democracy such as ours, can be addressed at the grassroots if enough people choose to try. If they, you, are too lazy to try, then you get the government you deserve. I choose to try.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, I'm Canadian, I voted too, and the last time I checked our democracy still works.
We have like at least 5 or 6 parties to choose from.

But, something went wrong in the USA, if you do not understand what I be talkin' bout Willis, well, that ain't my problem.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
America and its citizens are good people for the most part.. Its just the government is trying to pull a fast one on us. I think we have the right to rebel against the choices the government makes... like going to Vietnam, Iraq, Iran?. Terrorism is spread across many nations, Most of the attackers were saudi so why didn't they attack saudi arabia? or egypt? The war is doing more harm than good. Terrorism is not a country. Its spread world wide. America is an ineffective exterminator or this infested world of terrorists. The whole purpose of this vague to say the least.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying, I am Canadian and I look at your country and I see a lot of folks over there are being fooled by a fool.
I don't like what I see, I wish America could be more like it was supposed to be instead of something it's not and pretending to be.

America is dangerous right now, a real threat to world peace, that's how I see it, and I am not alone in my thinking.

I love Americans, I watch and love your TV shows, but I hate it when people are being brainwashed and they let it happen and don't even make an attempt to look beyond the book cover and do some research instead of re-spewing belief in the crap GWB spews most frequently.
I just can't believe people fall for that guy's lies, really I can't believe it! Is it because Americans believe he is a good Christian?!

I really don't know.
Thankfully half of you know the truth, and some of the other half is starting catch on, and the rest talk like they have the scoop but don't read up on the subject and talk like they have it figured out, cuz the prez. sez so.

TV lies, do some reading.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I understand. Ive said this a million times.

The 2 party, Electoral College, Representative government, is what lead us and the middle east to what it is today.

The Fedearal government has too much power and its time the American citizens made new partyS and vote everyone out of government.

Then you would have to keep the people involved and informed or else it would be pointless. And take the wealth from Big Business and put it back to the middle and lower classes.

But the only problem is, is that you need $$$$$ money to run for government. Money to get on TV and be heard. Maby we should spread the word on PBS? Or ask the Canadians to help us?

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Unconcious War.
We do indeed have the right, no the obligation, as citizens to protest the actions of our gov't if we disagree with it. I have no arguement with you there.
The war on terror must be fought, of this I have no doubts of any sort. The saudi's are part of the problem. Claiming to be allies, while covertly attempting to undermine western society by promoting the Wahabi sect of Islam. With allies like this we don't need any enemies. Some of our alliances do desperatly need rethinking.
By the war, I'm guessing you mean Iraq? If so, I am beginning to have my own doubts. Corruption is beginning to run rampant, read 8.8 billion (with a "b") dollars missing and unaccounted for. Somebodies got REAL rich.

However the war on terror has to be fought, and for all it's faults (of which I am not blind)America, and its allies, remain the best hope for success.

Toadmund.
I am so happy you voted, I can't begin to express it. I'm guessing you didn't vote conservative
?
On my last general election ballot I seem to recall multiple parties on the ballot, seven or eight as I recall. They represented a wide gamut of political beliefs. Sounds like democracy to me.
Now I will grant you, that the odds are long that any will win national office.
That, however, is decidedly not the case in many local elections. Sounds like healthy democracy to me. But feel free to enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well seagull, I am happy you are willing to dig a bit deeper into this stuff because it is easy to see only the surface of the pond and not see what is swimming in it.
Terrorism is bad, sure it is, but it has it's roots. WHY are there terrorists?

Here is a question for you, If you had no tanks, no fighter planes, no sophisticated homing bombs, how would you fight your enemy most effectively?

Starts with a 'T'

PS, I voted NDP, to balance out Harper, whom I don't trust.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want.

He maketh logs to be cut in national forests.

He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.

He restoreth my fears.

He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war,

I will find no exit, for thou art in office.

Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.

Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion.

Thou anointest my head with foreign oil.

My health insurance runneth out.

Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of thy term,

And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.

Amen

k0bkl.org...

[edit on 12-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join