It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we agree that Bush was right? ...Finally?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is not an attempt to inflame anyone. This is a point of view that needs to be stated.

The world is at war. Not a religious war or even a political war. This is a war of Freedom and Democracy vs. EVIL!

3000 people died in a flash. Dozens died in Spain. Dozens more in London. Dozens in the U.S.S. Cole. Add Bali and Tanzania and Kenya. NOW A CARTOON is causing more death.

Bush was right. Freedom vs. Evil.

The bad guys want you to die because you are YOU. Thay want you and your family and your neighbors to die any way they can do it. The chemical weapons creation we found in Afgahnistan. Nukes, dirty bombs shoe bombs and airplanes turned to missles.

We all saw this before. Look at your history books. The 30 years war. The 100 years war.

My friends wake up. Maybe the NWO is trying to defend us from these nutbags. I don't know.

I do know this BUSH WAS RIGHT.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Have to agree to disagree.

I'd sooner see the politicians who engineered the rest of us into these positions put against a wall and shot

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Santa clause and the Easter bunny are real!

Don't believe the hype.

Read some history of interference in Arab affairs, Arab poverty and you'll get a better educated perspective.
They don't hate you for your freedoms.

Don't give Bush glory he doesn't deserve.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bush was wrong.

He needs to be impeached at the very least.

Most likely jailed and given the death sentence.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
To paint a global conflict in such black and white terms as freedom vs. evil is very naive.

Bush and his neo-con cabal are not fools and they know exactly how to present their agenda to elicit the response they want. Their techniques are marketing ploys, just like selling frozen treats, SUVs or string beans.

I'm not buying what their selling. A little comparison shopping is in order eh!

Bush isn't right, because it's not a right or wrong issue. World affairs are very, very complex and just because some people think differently than we do dosen't make them evil.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
This is a war of Freedom and Democracy vs. EVIL!

I thought that only kids believe in the "EVIL". Bush is better than I thought. His brain wash speeches are working well!

(Sorry I am not in a good mood tonight)

kix

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerrog
Bush was wrong.

He needs to be impeached at the very least.

Most likely jailed and given the death sentence.

Amen to that....

Can we add Chavez to the list?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Chavez and probably the majority of leaders around the world.

It's extremly sad how corrupt and morally bankrupt our leaders are. I would like to recall a time when it was different but I cannot. I'm not sure anyone can. It seems that power truly is THAT corrupting.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is not an attempt to inflame anyone. This is a point of view that needs to be stated.

The world is at war. Not a religious war or even a political war. This is a war of Freedom and Democracy vs. EVIL!

3000 people died in a flash. Dozens died in Spain. Dozens more in London. Dozens in the U.S.S. Cole. Add Bali and Tanzania and Kenya. NOW A CARTOON is causing more death.

I have one thing to say to you, "baaaaah baaaah baaaah, baaah!"

Brotherman, you are one brainwashed individual. Come toward the light....

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

[

LoL
LoL

He is only right if you ignore the facts.

Bush shold indeed be impeached.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You made my day.

Best, DG

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Chavez is the best. The only Latinamerican leader with the balls to stand up to corruption by Multinationals. Don't want to pay taxes? Then have your property seized. That simple. You'll never understand the Venezuelan situation unless you live there. Plus Bush attempted to take him out via a coup. Another plus in my book

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ah, don't worry about the replies of these people, to them Bush can do no right and everything is his fault.
Anyway, the Radical Muslims are trying to set up an Islamic Caliphate and anyone who cant see that is very naive.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok, ok, he was right. In 2000!

If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us; if we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us. And our nation stands alone right now in the world in terms of power, and that's why we've got to be humble, and yet project strength in a way that promotes freedom.

I'm not so sure the role of the United States is to go around the world and say this is the way it's got to be. We can help. And maybe it's just our difference in government, the way we view government. I mean I want to empower people. I want to help people help themselves, not have government tell people what to do. I just don't think it's the role of the United States to walk into a country and say, we do it this way, so should you.
PBS

And finally, whether or not there was an exit strategy.

I would take the use of force very seriously. I would be guarded in my approach. I don't think we can be all things to all people in the world. I think we've got to be very careful when we commit our troops.

The vice president and I have a disagreement about the use of troops. He believes in nation-building. I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders
CNN

[edit on 12-2-2006 by curme]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Short Answer

Can we agree that Bush was right? ...Finally?

Drawing upon my vast experience as an observer of ATS culture and the many fine citizens of our online community, I'm going to go with "no" on this one.

Call it a hunch.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nope!

This war has been going on for decades.

1953: CIA helps overthrow the democratically‑elected Mossadeq government in Iran (which had nationalized the British oil company) leading to a quarter‑century of repressive and dictatorial rule by the Shah, Mohammed Reza Pahlevi.

1960s: U.S. unsuccessfully attempts assassination of Iraqi leader, Abdul Karim Qassim

1963: U.S. supports coup by Iraqi Ba'ath party (soon to be headed by Saddam Hussein)

1980‑88: Iran‑Iraq war. When Iraq invades Iran, the U.S. opposes any Security Council action to condemn the invasion. U.S. soon removes Iraq from its list of nations supporting terrorism and allows U.S. arms to be transferred to Iraq. Iraq uses chemical weapons in 1984; U.S. restores diplomatic relations with Iraq.

1988: Saddam Hussein kills many thousands of his own Kurdish population and uses chemical weapons against them. The U.S. increases its economic ties to Iraq.

There are many many more reasons as to why the Middle East hates The US/UK. They arnt evil, they are just fighting back... Ok, some of them are evil but we started this.

War on "terror" egh?
War over WMDs? What? Why didnt this take place in 1984? Maby because then he was giving us what we wanted.

There are many many other things that I could also post as to why ME hates us but im not going to. All im going to say is that our actions created these "terrorists". It was only a matter of time before the Middle East hit us back. Our actions created Bin Laden, he even said so himself. These people arnt evil, they are just fighting us back the only way that they can.

Do you have any idea how many people died in the war in Iraq? Any idea? Any idea how many more "terrorists" we created because we killed their wifes, or their children in the name of war?

More like evil vs Arabs who are standing up to our wrong doings. Dont get me wrong, their actions are evil. But we sarted it.

The bad guys want you to die because you are YOU. Thay want you and your family and your neighbors to die any way they can do it. The chemical weapons creation we found in Afgahnistan. Nukes, dirty bombs shoe bombs and airplanes turned to missles.

They want us to die because we f***ed with them for so long.

We all saw this before. Look at your history books.

I couldnt agree more.

My friends wake up. Maybe the NWO is trying to defend us from these nutbags. I don't know.

Defend? Why arnt our borders secured?

How I see it, the NWO right now is at war with the only people who can bring them down, The Free American People, and Muslem Extreamists. Divide and conquer.

How are they at war with us?
Look at our media, Our leaders, How we elect our leaders, our debt, and how and why our rights being taken away.

Again, I laugh.

Look at the people in the Bush Admin. How many people have some sort of connection to the oil industry? The Bush Admin is a joke.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry no help here on your quest to find more than 3 people who agree with your assumption that Bush was Right.

He is the most incompetent leader the western world has seen in decades. His policies destroy liberty and freedom and punish the poor in America.

On the flip side corporate America has never been happier. If your business reports record profits he will ensure you get a nice fat tax break, sort of a thank you card.

Since my kids will be paying off his debt (well and their grand kids) I wish he would just send flowers and a thank you note.

Oh and just to address a couple of things:

3000 did not die in a flash. Took a bit longer than that, sadly long enough for us to all watch on TV.

Dozens did not die on the USS Cole. 17 sailors lost their life. To be dozens takes a minimum of 24. Not to devalue their loses but as usual Bush supporters like to pad the numbers as often as possible.

[edit on 2/12/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
crmanager

Hum . . . you forgot to add how many people called the Collateral Damage has die while Bush is imposing his version of freedom and democracy in the middle east.

Perhaps Iraq and Afghanistan are a good example?

But occurs we will never know, US is not requiring to keep tags on populations death in Iraq.

But we keep tags on our side.

Yes Democracy and freedom can be so deadly, but worth it right?

Perhaps a littler information of US polices around the world will brighten your understanding as why is the reason the Middle east hates us so much I forgot is not the middle east just those pesky Muslin radicals.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
People will always hate those who have freedoms, its that simple. This is no longer about religion its about the fight between freedom and oppression. People think the the US is taking away our freedom, they are not. They are just changing and making new rules. You have the power in this country to say anything you like about the president, the government, heck even your neighbor. If it was like all of you claim it to be, you would not be able to do that, if you did you would be arrested or killed.
The people that make a big deal out of the US taking away our freedom, name some freedoms that have been taking away from us in the past 50 years.
The M.E. is a touchy subject, because so much hardship has fallen on them, people like to blame stuff on others. Its not the US's fault that most of the M.E. is in poverty, its the governmets problem. Sure we tried to liberate the people and help em out. If it weren't for the US the M.E. would still be a savage part under oppression, where anything you said or done, that was against the law of the government you would be killed.
So you can say all you want about the US being evil, the fact is that no matter what we do people will still hate us. Because we are what freedom is all about.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So. Have you been castigated enough yet? Seen enough people telling you all about how evil americans are, and the corporate demons among us?If not, don't fear, more is on the way, complete with moral equivelents.
Bet you didn't know that the evil doers throughout American history were all, every single one of them, only responding to the evil done unto them by evil corporate america. Well now you know.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join