It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who/what is spreading the Avian Flu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The new global "enemy", the avian flu, has reached West Africa.

From there it will surely reach Europe because many European birds go to Africa during the winter (or are they African birds that go to Europe in the Summer?), and in the approaching Spring we will start to receive those birds.

My question is: how did the avian flu jumped over Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Chand and reached Nigeria?

I found it very suspocious that a large number of cases is found in Nigeria without being found in other countries, and at a time when the birds are preparing to make a new journey to Europe.

Also, in this map you can see that the spreading of the disease is not along the migration paths but across the paths.

Maybe it is not the birds who spread it, or maybe they spread it and it is already spread all over Africa and Europe, but someone does not want us to know that yet?

Could this be a conspiracy from someone in the American continent (I say this just because it is the only continent apparently free of the flu) against some countries? Wich countries? And why?

Or is this just the natural way of spreading of any avian disease?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
MEN, and BIRDS.
The shoes, clothes, can carry this disease,saliva,and the tissues.
Birds flock and eat at the same place they escrete, so they travel too.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Powercrystals
The shoes, clothes, can carry this disease,saliva,and the tissues.

Virus are not very good at living outside of their habitat, most viruses die after some minutes in air.

The H5N1 is destroid by soap and other detergents, so I think that they would not survive well being transported in someone's shoes or clothes.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know...birds maybe?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Probably, but then why the spreading of the disease does not follow the migration paths?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
THIS BIRD FLU has mostly stayed at its host areas,
so why would it travel to places outside its natural habitat?
This means that someone has removed the bird flu[purposefully] while
harboring it at a warm temp, and then layed its claim to its new
destination. Also, there are numerous strains of bird flu at all
times in the world.
So, it does not necessarily mean its joining up to humans so fast!
My daughter studies the cellular structures [microbial]
and she has worked at numerous places that are highly sensitive
which [are known to have sensitive diseases in refrigeration.]
Now, then- its not likely to jump to humans as i said before.

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by crmanager

Probably, but then why the spreading of the disease does not follow the migration paths?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Because the main birds carrying the virus are poultry and other farm birds, not migratory birds. Humans don't transport domesticated birds along migration paths, now do they?

~MFP

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

Because the main birds carrying the virus are poultry and other farm birds, not migratory birds. Humans don't transport domesticated birds along migration paths, now do they?

~MFP

But that is not what they are saying, they say that the migratory birds are preading the flu.

Also, I do not think that there is transport of poultry among the infected sites, they are all small farms.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

But that is not what they are saying, they say that the migratory birds are preading the flu.

Also, I do not think that there is transport of poultry among the infected sites, they are all small farms.

First off, who is "they". I just read a very well put together article from I believe National Geographic about the government funded killings of hundreds of thousands of DOMESTIC CHICKENS AND DUCKS because they are spreading the avian flu. These birds are transported to open air markets everyday where they come in contact with birds from other farms as well as the farmers themselves.

See? We have birds, means of transport, and means of transmission. Works for me.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
By "they" I meant the media, at least here in Portugal.

The fact that the birds are put in contact with others in markets should have produced more cases in those regions, but I do not see how it could have made the flu apear in places so far apart as those in the following map.

H5N1 outbreaks in 2005 and poultry density

That is what I do not understand. The places of the outbreaks are very far apart for the flu to have spread just because of the open air markets.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Notice that the map shows MAJOR flyways of migratory birds. By no means does it show all. All it takes is one wayward bird to bring the disease to another part of the world.

And yes, the virus can live outside a host. Many airports in Asia are now making passangers wipe their shoes on a decomtamination mats when getting on and off planes.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hmmmm let me think about this one...could it be perhaps...the government?

new topics

top topics

join