It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Muslim's Setting Southern Church's on Fire?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
No, I don't believe Muslims are burning churches in the south because of the cartoons. I have to agree with TC it is probably 2 white males as they are looking for who have a problem with authority. Once again I also have to agree with him while different Christian religions may not like each other we don't go around burning churches.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

You do realize that there are a lot of reforms going on in Churches involving gays right. My church back home just started allowing gays as members. Its happening all over the Methodist community.

Hallelujah, hallelujah

2006 and your church back home just started allowing gays as members.
This is really cutting edge stuff. How are the faithful responding to those sodomites in their midst?

whoops, back on topic. The church burners are probably just some good ole boys out for a little fun. You know a little black jack, a little petrol and pyromania. Watch the authorities twist in the wind.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
For some reason, my browser only showed the initial post, and none of the replies... very weird.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Has the world changed this much since 2001?
How's this for a theory... A pair of young (men, according to the news) are burning Baptist churches in a localized area because they have a romantic notion about the Klu Klux Klan. Perhaps they got riled up about Martin Luther King's day of honor and sometimes vacation.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oops.
There's another thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
that is covering the same topic. I'm relieved to see that the earlier thread brings up the KKK.

I guess I should be relieved that the KKK is such a forgettable group

Yet, the thought that Muslims or satanists might be wreaking terror - without considering a pair of idiot wanna-be's... Well, I just had to speak up.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It is not the muslims setting fires to BAPTIST churches, trying thinking locally. Religious anger and rivalry, times never change, they just change names.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Logically? There is logic to that?
Please, draw the picture. Not with imagination, but with some sort of historical reference.
Sure, we and theMethodists yank each others' chains about dunking verus spritzing, but it is all in fun. While my time around Alabama is relatively short in length (42 years), I don't recall any church rivalry. Now, the Alabama/Auburn rivalry is a totally different matter. RThat can get you shot!

As far as the Klan assumption being spoken as fact, I have seen nothing pointing in that direction. Is this simply more assumption, or do you have something in the news? So far, I have seen nothing but two white males. Point me in the right direction, please.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I remember that a couple of years ago a branch of Christianity, the United Church of Christ, had one of it's churches burnt, and ant-homosexual graffiti painted on the walls in Virginia. Remember with the Christians, there are a lot of branches, not one central leader. So you really can't blame the actions of a few, on the others. There are a lot of good ones, but the loud, bad ones get the media attention.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
thawyze
But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TC
My brother! :hugs:

Here's some info that caught my eye.

www.cnn.com...

The above link describes the search for suspects, along with the FBI's role in the investigation, and, an extra bonus - the article claims more than 100 ATF agents are involved in the investigation.

What?! Are they now the Arson Tobacco and Firearms boys? What is their involvement in this case? Also, does anyone else here take issue with the fact that thousands of man hours are being spent each day hunting down petty arsonists?

Aren't there a bunch of other serious crimes with more drastic consequences that could use manpower like that?

This reminds me of a story I found a while ago about 900 federal agents banding together to take down 40 guys with warrants. Excessive doesn't even begin to describe it.

You do have a good point here. I have noticed the same in not only ATF but also the FBI, state police. They do seem to overstaff a situation of this type. whoever it is, I just hope hope they catch them . Burning our Houses of Worshp in time of war is not a big morale booster.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
You don't need a religion to cause trouble. Chances are these are just some idiots with too much time on their hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join