It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arab Firm May Gain Control of Several U.S. Ports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A firm in the United Arab Emirants, a country found to have ties to the 9/11 terror attacks, has been approved to take over signiicant roles in vital U.S. shipping ports thought to be vulnerable to terrorist attacks. The ports included are the ports of New York, New Jersey, Balitmore, New Orleans, Miami, and Philadelpia.

www.washingtonpost.com
A company in the United Arab Emirates is poised to take over significant operations at six American ports as part of a corporate sale, leaving a country with ties to the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers with influence over a maritime industry considered vulnerable to terrorism.

The Bush administration considers the UAE an important ally in the fight against terrorism since the suicide hijackings and is not objecting to Dubai Ports World's purchase of London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co.

The $6.8 billion sale could be approved Monday and would affect commercial port operations in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This seems like an insane decision to me. Why don't we just turn the keys to Airforce 1 and our nuclear codes over to Osama bin Laden?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh bump.

Second line: This is SO funny. Dontcha just love free trade and full-out capitalism?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Perhaps it's a good thing . . . though I doubt it.

People generally will not blow up their own cash cow....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Like I said before is very nice to see our elected political leaders pulling to their side while sleeping with the enemy.

But then again US doesn't belong to the people of the US anymore, is always for sell to the best buyer.

I wonder. . . beside taxes and death it is anything else that is ours anymore in this country?

I forgot we have the outstanding debt.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I guess you can add outs0ourcing of our strategic security assests to that list marg

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Great, we might as well turn over the Department of Homeland Security over to the Arabs too.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey how do you know they already are not the financiers of some of the security independent firms around.

I guess you can add outs0ourcing of our strategic security assests to that list marg

How do you know the new Arab’s firm will have some Al-qaida people working with them.

I wonder if any of the people working will go through an American screening or just the Saudis will be doing that.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
like I said before, if this administration wants to use the threats involved in war as a justification for wiretapping US citizens, and trappling on other parts of the constitution, breaking treaties, and laws in the process....well.....

ummm.....

they need to start acting like their is a war, and a threat!!!

I vote we let the saudis run the secret service....what ya say guys???

[edit on 13-2-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The sad part is that when asked about it, the administration had "No comment". And also the guy who apparently owns the company was recently appointed to a position within the Bush administration as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well is interesting after having the present administration telling us the American public how unsecured our port were.

So now how much security is going to be there if our main ports are to administered by Saudis.

Then I kind of feel that perhaps all the people that has been tag loonies for believing that 9/11 was an inside job may deserve some recognition.

Who knows, I guess now the conspiracy angle will become once more in the spot light.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"Government for sale!"

"Slightly used, hypocritical government for sale!"

"Get your government here!"

"Government for sale!"

-

The 'No Comment' line got me. They're willing to sell our country out to the highest bidder and reward these business man scumbag asshole liars with sensitive positions and critical national security contracts, but they don't have the balls to admit it?!

For shame. You have to respect an honest villain, but these jerks are just pathetic.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wait...

So, a terrorist from this Nation was involved in attack the United State's and due to this no member of that Nation or business there of can now do business with the United State's?

Who here says we don't judge all Arabs/Muslims the same?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Odium, I see what you're saying, but for me it's not an issue of race or nationality, instead it's an issue of cronyism and a government operating without the best interests of the people in mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have these ports not been leased out before though? In which case, it is about the Company being from an Islamic/Arab Nation and nothing more. If they can offer the best service than they have the right to do it...if they have links to terrorism, someone has to display it and not tie in people from that Nation.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Odium, you're right. Damn I thought the US were out to persecute Arabs. I'm clearly wrong

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I know, Beachcoma, I find it very odd that I do not see on mass members of the United State's speaking out against the oil that they willingly trade from these Nation's and consume, the diamonds they buy that fund wars in Africa resulting in genocide, the business they are willing to do with China. In fact, I can list instances when the West has indriectly or directly, caused more terrorism than this Nation could ever hope to achieve even by running these ports.

Ever hear of the term conflict diamonds? They've only helped to kill hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in Africa in the last decade. However I see people wearing them and buying them constantly.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
wonder if thier phone calls back to the business headquarters will be wiretapped also....

probably not....huh??

wonder if we were letting german or japanese businesses buy out such important businesses during ww2? kind of doubt it....no. korean? doubt that also. vietnam? na.....

gee, now I see the advantage of having our wars against "terrorist" groups and not nations anymore...... business can go on as usual....

ya know, I hate my phone, I hardly use it, nor do anyone else in the house, and it barely ever rings.....about the most the government would learn about this family is how much pizza we eat, and what kind we like....hey, think maybe they'd treat us to a couple pizzas everyonce in awhile.......hope they don't decide to rob the pizzaman, he's just a kid....
but, well, if they're selling out our ports to companies other companies, let alone a country that is 96% muslim, the religion that susposedly has a fraction of it at war with us....along with....

"all emirates have secular courts to adjudicate criminal, civil, and commercial matters and Islamic courts to review family and religious disputes"
www.cia.gov...

well, all I can say is they should quite wastin their time with the wiretaps......heck, maybe they should check into just how much they can get out of the whitehouse, or the capitol building.....

really, is this what happens when the government is privitized, it's then sold off to foriegners??? how the heck can we let something important as our ports be owned by companies anyway? did the companies build the ports to begin with, or was it built be government and then sold off sometime in the past? do we at least own our military, or do they belong to russia?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
While the company itself may be legit, how can you prove the same for what will be thousands of it's employees? We don't know their hiring methods. Do they even do background checks? Probably not. What is there to stop any terrorist group out there from infiltrating these positions and using it to their full advantage?

I'm sorry, but lately I have been lumping them all together, since lately the number of people in the Middle East doing crazy-arsed stuff to try and attack us, themselves, and the rest of the world is exponentially growing out of control. I'll change my mind when things calm down. Until then, it is MUCH better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

There is no room to be politically correct when all other signs point squarely at the problem at hand. (I am not saying everyone or even the majority of them are engaging in this kind of behaviour, though, but enough to be reason for significant worry.)

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There has been reports about an American Hiroshima since 1994 if I remember rightly and now they want to do this. Last time I heard 40 nuclear bombs could be set up by terrorists in America.

Have you noticed something its sounds creepy but is America trying to destroy it self? It Spend lots of money on War, have disaster zones to rebuild and gain extra enemies all the time. What is going on? I heard a theory of that America will want to destroy its self for financial gain because wars make money and most of American money lives in Europe. It sounds like its heading that way. Sell everything to the Arabs and destroy their economy to gain an advantage.
I might be wrong its partly my theory and what I have heard.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
the article doesn't say just who the company is that is selling does it??

I think I've read it about three times, might be sitting there in front of my eyes and I'm not seeing it, I guess......

anyone from NY city around, because I got what is probably a very stupid question.....

the world trade center was owned by the port authority and well, it's kind of my impression that they also regulate (maybe own, who knows...) the port......

www.panynj.gov...

are they the sellers??

is their more than one port??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join