It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Majic: Aether Level 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Aether Level 1
Copyright 2006 by Majic. All rights reserved. May be freely copied and distributed for noncommercial purposes. AboveTopSecret.com version. Terms of the ATS Creative Commons Deed apply. Based on the Cosmic Drone synth pad by Zero-G (www.zero-g.co.uk...). WARNING: May cause drowsiness.

length: 10:11
file: btsmpod_1435.mp3
size: 4782k
feed: btsm

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Cosmic Aether

The idea behind the Aether series is to create a progression of meditative tunes that (ideally) can be played in the background while surfing the 'Net or relaxing.

In pursuance of this goal, the music needs to be pretty minimal. Indeed, in the case of Aether Level 1, I used a single "synthesizer pad" (basically an ambience routine) created by Zero G that came with Kontakt 2.

The whole song is based on patterns contained within this awesome pad. All I did was apply it using a series of single, long, multi-measure notes intended to highlight the intriguing movements I found within the pad (by accident, no less).

It's really simple, silly stuff, but I do find it soothing, and I find that necessary now and then.

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nice one Majic.
Very soothing zeroBPM wanderisation. Music for powernaps.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Very nice and relaxing. Reminds me of songs by this guy named Iasos. Apparently his music is inspired/given to him by angels, he says. He's got some free songs up on iasos.com.

Your music sounds like angels.. hmm.. I suppose that could be a compliment

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Powernaps And Angels

That's basically the plan. If it puts you to sleep, that's a bonus.

Interesting point about angels, Yarky (you don't mind if I call you "Yarky", do you? Bush taught me that one
), because well, there's an angelic element involved in this musical "vector" for me.

In my meditations, I encounter what could be thought of as angels and demons. For me, a major factor in determining which is which is their "tone" or "vibe".

Angels tend to have a higher tone (not unlike the airy feel of this song), while demons tend to have a lower tone (the most apt analogy would be flies or bees ala The Exorcist). This patterns seems to map directly to how friendly or unfriendly the spirit in question seems to be toward me.

The goal for my (eventually) upcoming Meditations album is to try to capture what the angels sound like, and maybe -- I can only hope -- I may someday be able to express what the Convergence sounded like (if I do, it will bring tears of rapturous joy to anyone who hears it). I have commissioned the Aether series as a sort of "training ground" for that mission.

What I find intriguing is that, as far as I know, everyone tends to associate sounds like these with angels in some way, and lower grating tones with demons. And the notion of song as Creation has enough background that Tolkien used the metaphor for the creation myth of Middle Earth in The Silmarillion.

I get the feeling there's an important clue to our true nature in all this.

And the good news it that, unlike Iasos*, the price of following my journeys is... nothing.

Well, nothing but the time it takes to listen.

*Not to knock professional musicians, of course. Heck, I might even want to become one someday.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Very cool and very interesting explaination Majic. No I don't mind you calling me Yarky either haha.

Can you go into more depth about how you encounter angels and demons in mediation? Do you actually 'go into another place', and you are 'physically' there and actually see these beings? Or you are just sitting with your eyes closed and you hear them? I have never gotten past meditating with my eyes closed and just seeing black and being relaxed. Sounds very cool. So if you actually see these angels and demons, do they just sort of produce a mysterious humming?

I'd like to hear what demon-inspired music would be like. Oh wait.. it's called heavy metal
. But yeah, more seriously, it might not be a good thing though. Because if 'angel' music makes you feel at peace, then the lower tones must not make you feel very good at all. If you listen to them for too long, it may actually influence you in a much stronger way, or maybe even attract the kinds of beings that produce these tones. (Sort of like a moose call for angels
).

The strange thing is, some music like this really creeps me out, even when it has the same seemingly peaceful tones in it. It's like some music is really the "demon tones", cleverly disguised beneath a layer of "angelic tones". I don't get that notion at all from your music though. It's pure and clean

If this is just a 'training ground', I greatly look forward to hearing the finished product, if you decide to go that route and complete it.

I think there is an important clue in all of this as well. Many times I have heard that everything is just vibration. Music is just vibrations in the air that make their way into your ear and vibrate your eardrum. Light is just a vibration. Some go as far as to say that solid matter is even vibrating in the same way. Everything is vibration. The higher the vibration, the 'better' it is (closer to God); The opposite is also true. And like putting a vibrating tuning fork near another still tuning fork, the vibration will transfer until everything is all vibrating on the same frequency. Music giving off positive vibrations of love and joy will instill vibrations of love and joy into the listener, and they will vibrate it on into everyone and everything around them. In the same way, darkness, fear, and evil can spread their vibration and bring others down as well.

At least that's my opinion. Actually, it's not even my opinion. It just sort of poured out of me there. Wow, I said vibration a lot too. haha.

=)

Edit: Makes me want to conduct an experiment. Play peaceful loving music to one lab rat, and lower tones to another, and see if one is gentle and nice, and the other is all crazy and bitey.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Aether Level 1 (reply 1)
This is a normalized version of Aether Level 1 which brings the volume levels in line with where I plan to set future levels in the Aether series. Basically, I got into the "it ought to be quiet" mindset, but the better way to handle that is to turn it down if needed. I'm standardizing this and other sings at a peak value of -6dB (or so) so they play back at reasonably similar levels.

length: 10:11
file: btsmpod_1443.mp3
size: 4782k
feed:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Aether Level 1 (reply 2)
Majic responds to Yarcofin's excellent post with - what else? - a ramblecast.

length: 17:48
file: btsmpod_1444.mp3
size: 3131k
feed:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A man of many talents is Majic

Ok, so I tried the Serpo ramble casts to send me off to sleep; didn't work!

I'm liking this, it's the musical equivalent of laying on of warm hands, calming and reflective. Gives you time to think and block out the hum drum noise of day to day life that we take for granted as lifes daily drone.

My tip? Best listened to in a deep warm bath, just lie back and let it wash over you

Thanks Majic

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is my favorite of yours so far! I've been enjoying the ambient of late and Aether Level 1 is a nice addition. Do you have more ambient? or maybe an ambient CD for sale? Well done, Majic!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ambient Background

Well, I've been so busy with other stuff lately, the musical output has gone down somewhat, but thankfully not due to a lack of inspiration.

Rather, it's just time and priorities. I'm hoping this is about to change, though.

There are some more Aether concepts floating around in my noggin that extend the progression somewhat, and I hope to nail some down soon.

As for selling CDs, naw. I do this for fun, and love to just kick out my stuff over the 'Net.

Maybe some day -- many moons hence, I might get good enough to turn pro, but I won't hold me breath.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

As I start to shift back into music mode, I'll try to be more responsive myself.

new topics

top topics

join