It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Troops Videoed Beating Iraqi Teens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
about 1:30 into the video the guy filming says "shoot at us you little..?"

to be honest, if they shot at me or threw rocks at me this is the least those kids would get.

Call it a hunch but I am sure that these kids will not being doing that again.

I know some may not agree with my opinion and may say "well what if it were your kids?" well I would make sure my kids would not get themselves into that position in the first place.

Those little yobs got what they were asking for.. do you think the soldiers would have done this if the people acted in a civilized manner to them?
Of course not.

Imagine if you will going out with your mates to look for a fight and them complaining when you got one..

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It wasn't that much of a beating, a few kicks, some head butts and some sticks. I've taken worse. Saying that though, this behaviour ain't exactly right.

These are supposed to be professional soldiers. I endure stress in my job on a day to day basis and I'd like to kick the living sh*t out of some of my so called "customers" sometimes due to their behaviour. But I don't, because I like to think of myself as professional. I think before I act.

On the flip coin though, how much crap have these lads had to take from the local Iraqi equivalent of chav's over the last few months? Abuse, rock throwing, etc. It must be extremely frustrating to feel powerless to not be able to do anything. You can't shoot teenagers from throwing rocks can you? Perhaps it was a case of showing them a lesson. I'd be surprised if they throw another rock at another squaddie after being on the receiving end of that.

The bloke recording though...that's just wrong. He sounds pure evil.

edit: spelling

[edit on 12/2/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
good to see the british army hasn't lost it's traditions, grab some unarmed civilians and fight them four to one, making sure you throw in a few good kicks once they go down. a cowardly show.

the camera man certainly got a nice kick out of it, didn't he. makes me wonder why the camera was shaking.

With respect Pie man I would ask you to take that back, that remark was unecesary and uneeded and a blatent lie.

Factory, you know that a DIY grenade was thrown by those teens.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
nope, next time these kids will make sure they're armed with more than rocks.

the soldiers that walk in at the end of the tape seem pretty non-plussed by the beating, they just glance over and continue across the yard, it doesn't look like an isolated incident.

devilwasp, this has happened before, in almost every colonial country, i stand by it, i'll look for links if you wish.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by pieman]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

They whre, did you not read the part where it says a DIY hand grenade was thrown at the soldiers earlier?

the soldiers that walk in at the end of the tape seem pretty non-plussed by the beating, they just glance over and continue across the yard, it doesn't look like an isolated incident.

No? Mabye you'd notice the 3 or 4th man in; he stops, looks, looks at his mates as if to go : "What do we do??" then looks again while stopping.

devilwasp, this has happened before, in almost every colonial country, i stand by it, i'll look for links if you wish.
[edit on 12-2-2006 by pieman]

Oh has it? British army now goes to its colonial colony's and beats the snot out of people? No thats just a bunch of idiots in the army, mabye you believe that if the army isnt full of the creme de la creme of the british isles then that makes it full of yobs but for me its just another part of human society.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Factory, you know that a DIY grenade was thrown by those teens.

No I didn't, I missed that. If that's the case, they got off lightly - I'm surprised the squaddies didn't open fire for fear they were about to become the next casualties.

If that's the case, theres a good chance they wont walk away the next time.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
devilwasp, you mean to tell me the british army never sanctioned illegal act's in northern ireland

irelandsown.net...

which bloody sunday do you want me to discuss. instatutional heavy handedness is a trademark of british clonial oppression, ever hear of ghandi, what do you think was his problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw the footage and it's sadistic.
We are taking democracy to a new level, the muslim level.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just don't belive how can decent people here actually defend or legitimize such an act. I wonder if you would react the same of the US Army would savagely beat members of your family or friends the same way... would you say that they did the right thing and that these people were too dangerous to be left alone... as they were throwing stones???

Oh... yeah, I see, these teens were not "Americans". Does'nt count, hey?

[edit on 12/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My stream recorder did not work with this MMS server so I had to get a new app.

Anyone who wants to save the video file can do so with this:

sdp.ppona.com...

Its free, and it worked for me...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
I wonder if you would react the same of the US Army would savagely beat members of your family or friends the same way... would you say that they did the right thing and that these people were too dangerous to be left alone... as they were throwing stones???

[edit on 12/2/06 by Echtelion]

By the same token, how would you have liked it if I threw stones, rocks and IED's at your family? I guarantee you would have done the same to me as the soldiers did to those youths.

No relatives of mine would throw IED's or rocks at soldiers or police... the are not stupid enough and would be too civil to do such a thing. If I threw a rock or a hand made grenade at them.. then I would think I would have gotten off lightly if I took a beating.. needless to say that these people (young or not) knew what they were doing was wrong and have gotten away with it for so long that they had become nonchalant about the attacks on soldiers.

[edit on 12/2/06 by Klepto]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Regardless of what the kids did,
The British should of detained them and taken them away.
They have been caught senslessly beating people up for the ' fun ' of it,
listen to the guy recording FFS.

60yrs ago in ww2 soilders were honourable, why?
because they were fighting a war where there very future was at stake, they were fighting for something.

This war is a load of lies, there fore it will be nothing but a farce during the conflict.

The only reason I feel sorry for these soilders, is out of all the beatings, murders, tortures and so forth going on at the hands of the Americans and british, thye just happened to be STUPID enough to have there footage put to the media.

'' Yay coalition, go boys, spread that democracy ''
*two thumbs up to hearts and minds you stupid idiots*

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Israeli soldiers shoot chidren in the head every day for throwing stones and the world ignores it.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
Hers the link to the News of the world..............Britains biggest selling Sunday newspaper.........which is covering the story.........

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk...

You forgot to mention how respectable the NofW is

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by R988

Originally posted by martin3030
Hers the link to the News of the world..............Britains biggest selling Sunday newspaper.........which is covering the story.........

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk...

You forgot to mention how respectable the NofW is

What does it matter who wrote a story about the video?

Download it and see for yourself.

You would be outraged if it was happening in your nation.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
You would be outraged if it was happening in your nation.

Outraged?? What for the Kids started it in the first place? I would not get up set if that took place here. Hell videos on TV show far more police violence here then is shown on the video. They got what they deserved as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
No relatives of mine would throw IED's or rocks at soldiers or police... the are not stupid enough and would be too civil to do such a thing. If I threw a rock or a hand made grenade at them.. then I would think I would have gotten off lightly if I took a beating.. needless to say that these people (young or not) knew what they were doing was wrong and have gotten away with it for so long that they had become nonchalant about the attacks on soldiers.

Remind me that if the USA is ever invaded by an oppressive force to NOT count on your family for help. They would have too much respect and civility towards those occupying forces.

As for the DIY grenade, I saw a lot of people in the streets before the troops came in. They were pretty far away too. Do we really trust that when a person is getting a grenade thrown at them, they really take the time to look at the person doing the throwing? I'd be too busy looking at the grenade, or a place to take cover.

I'm sure these teenagers "fit the description". Middle-Eastern male age 14-24, must be apprehended and kicked repeatedly in the #^*$.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This looks like a game of chess.

Think about it-
What TV station offers such ugly and crude war efforts to
promote more violence in the stirs of violence
except to be in a political pulpit!
Anyone with a Chess IQ, small of old can see the
fete per fete is insulting its own soil and bringing
out the barbaric behavior that equates unrest
by stirring up political venue for a much deeper cause.
Sure, this is a duo proxy- the men[military beating up boys]
and with what or why would make absolutley no sense
at all.
' War is not civilian'
Civilian is not armored.
You cannot ever have a higher intelligence in the field of
abuse on innocent citizens- as we all know on the planet-
barbaric abuse and behavior is widespread throughout
multiple generations, when innocence is foregone and the
evolution of never achieving higher intelligence for the masses
of those centered in poverty, uneducated, wartorn areas,
political repatriation, education will not be achieved to lead
nor be accepted at these areas for many generations yet to come.
Only fear,ravaged savagery will benefit.

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Details emerged last night of a shocking video which appears to show a group of British soldiers brutally beating and kicking defenceless Iraqi teenagers in an army compound.

The footage is said to show eight soldiers pulling four teenagers off the street following a riot and dragging them into their army base, before beating them with batons, as well as punching and kicking them.

An urgent Military Police investigation was under way last night into the events shown in the video. The Ministry of Defence issued the following statement: 'We are aware of these very serious allegations and can confirm that they are the subject of an urgent Royal Military Police investigation. We condemn all acts of abuse and treat any allegation of wrongdoing extremely seriously.'

But the emergence of the footage, given to the News of the World by an anonymous whistleblower, will spark a huge controversy about the conduct of the army in Iraq. There were also fears that it could lead to more attacks on the British soldiers currently serving there.

British troops videoed 'beating Iraqis'

Its hard to deny video eveidence.

I suspect the footage will turn up all over the web in the next few days.

Combined with the release of the Anti-American movie in Turkey the West is going to take a big propaganda hit this coming week.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What's the problem? They've got what they deserved. I thought it would be some horrible torture and it was just a little beating. When I see remarks about this incident on this board I have a feeling that it's really too late for western civilization - we are becoming too soft.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Remind me that if the USA is ever invaded by an oppressive force to NOT count on your family for help. They would have too much respect and civility towards those occupying forces.

It has nothing to do with "invading force" it has to do with being violent and not expecting violence back.

As for the DIY grenade, I saw a lot of people in the streets before the troops came in. They were pretty far away too. Do we really trust that when a person is getting a grenade thrown at them, they really take the time to look at the person doing the throwing? I'd be too busy looking at the grenade, or a place to take cover.

I'm sure these teenagers "fit the description". Middle-Eastern male age 14-24, must be apprehended and kicked repeatedly in the #^*$.

I think that if someone threw a grenade/rock in my direction I would be able to see who threw it. You know who is shouting and who is throwing objects as you attention is drawn to those who are more likely to cause harm. They were not chasing the crowd, they were chasing individuals whom they saw in the crowd throw objects although you could say that all members of the crowd were participants regardless.

It was not a random house to house beating like you appear to put forward from an oppresive regime. It was soldiers using no more force than police may use during riots in football matches. I do agree that it may have been somewhat excessive but the people involved knew what they were letting themselves into.. soldiers risking lives and rioters risking health.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join