It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Troops Videoed Beating Iraqi Teens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Details emerged last night of a shocking video which appears to show a group of British soldiers brutally beating and kicking defenceless Iraqi teenagers in an army compound.

The footage is said to show eight soldiers pulling four teenagers off the street following a riot and dragging them into their army base, before beating them with batons, as well as punching and kicking them.

An urgent Military Police investigation was under way last night into the events shown in the video. The Ministry of Defence issued the following statement: 'We are aware of these very serious allegations and can confirm that they are the subject of an urgent Royal Military Police investigation. We condemn all acts of abuse and treat any allegation of wrongdoing extremely seriously.'

But the emergence of the footage, given to the News of the World by an anonymous whistleblower, will spark a huge controversy about the conduct of the army in Iraq. There were also fears that it could lead to more attacks on the British soldiers currently serving there.

British troops videoed 'beating Iraqis'

Its hard to deny video eveidence.

I suspect the footage will turn up all over the web in the next few days.

Combined with the release of the Anti-American movie in Turkey the West is going to take a big propaganda hit this coming week.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well arch they did say the same about the pictures showing the aparant abuse of an iraqi citizen when infact it was a hoax, many high up officers and many infantrymen in general knew the picture was fake due to several iregularities like the rifle being diffrent , etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Well arch they did say the same about the pictures showing the aparant abuse of an iraqi citizen when infact it was a hoax, many high up officers and many infantrymen in general knew the picture was fake due to several iregularities like the rifle being diffrent , etc.

I must have missed that.

Was it one single photo?

Have a link?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
I must have missed that.

Was it one single photo?

Have a link?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hers the link to the News of the world..............Britains biggest selling Sunday newspaper.........which is covering the story.........

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well if it was done for no reason at all, i think the British will have some explaining to do.

If a terrorist is caught, beat him. If its an innocent civilian, for the love of Pete, leave them the hell alone.

You just cant justify these crimes.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Everyone should be innocent until proven guilty.

Anything less gives freedom to beat anyone.

A better definition for the word terrorist is in order.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well if it was done for no reason at all, i think the British will have some explaining to do.

If a terrorist is caught, beat him. If its an innocent civilian, for the love of Pete, leave them the hell alone.

You just cant justify these crimes.

Well as I have said there have been a lot, and I mean a lot, of claims made against the british army about abuse. It has cost the careers of many fine servicemen and for what? News space? The men where found inocent yet they where still hounded like dogs and still will be for a crime they did not commit.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The "British" do not have a lot of expalining to do. The ones involved will have explaining to do to the courts martial, or board of enquirery, or whatever the Brits call it.

Don't want to hear about, "Hey, they didn't behead anyone, did they?", since we should hold the troops to a different standard than the enemy.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Why are people always surprised by violence in war? None of you are over there, yet you try to take some kind of moral high ground. These guys were only taking out anger on people who were throwing grenades at them.

Don't want to hear about, "Hey, they didn't behead anyone, did they?", since we should hold the troops to a different standard than the enemy.

Beating people instead of beheading them IS a different standard, isnt it?

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
In case someone hasn't see the video, here it is:

astream.com...

Those troops are out of their mind.
Its no wonder why they attack troops in Iraq.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by arkansasmedic]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Little boys should learn not to throw stones...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by arkansasmedic
In case someone hasn't see the video, here it is:

astream.com...

Those troops are out of their mind.
Its no wonder why they attack troops in Iraq.

Thanks for that.

If anyone is having problems with the link try this instead:

mms://win.Astream.net/notw/together_300.wmv

These guys need to be taken out and beaten to within an inch of their lives.

That was inhuman.

Liberation does not include this.

These people must conclude that they are NOT liberated.

They pushed back victory a long ways.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a bad NCO, you get them, you cant stop existing.
You can see some of the men trying to arrest them and actually restrian them, several of them seem to be still in "rage" or bassically mad at having explosives and rocks thrown at them then having to look after the peopel who had just tried to kill them with respect.

These guys need to be taken out and beaten to within an inch of their lives.

That was inhuman.

Yeah? I take it throwing a DIY grenade is human and throwing rocks then acting the inocent makes the iraqis in the film anybetter?
They bit off more than they can chew and the squaddies just lost it.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If officers can't control their men under pressure and anger, then they dont need to be in the Miliatry. Its that simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If officers can't control their men under pressure and anger, then they dont need to be in the Miliatry. Its that simple.

The officer wasnt there, it wasnt a question of controling them. It was the fact he WANTED them to do it.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Sounds like a bad NCO, you get them, you cant stop existing.

Would you be so quick to defend these warcriminals if it were British and American citizens being beaten?

Would you call this justice if it happened where you live?

Do you think those Iraqis feel especially liberated?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
good to see the british army hasn't lost it's traditions, grab some unarmed civilians and fight them four to one, making sure you throw in a few good kicks once they go down. a cowardly show.

the camera man certainly got a nice kick out of it, didn't he. makes me wonder why the camera was shaking.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Officers? Where did they come into the equation? They aren't even allowed to hold a compass or map.
It is the NCO chain of command that is responsible for proper training and leadership. It is the squad leader who needs to be eyeballing his soldiers, making sure that everyone is wrapped tight and not coming unravelled. The platoon sergeant leads his squad leaders and keeps an overall eye on his platoon, etc...etc.

There was a breeakdown of the NCO chain of command. Nerves get frazzled, danger and violence numbs the soul after a while. Still, the NCO chain of command needs to be on its toes. Even the Brits, as professional as they are, can have problems. It neds to be repaired, though. I'm sure it will be.

No, Dronetek, it is in the same general standard - wrong. If a cop pulls you out of a car and roughs you up for speeding, will you accept, "Well, it could have been worse; I could have shot you and used a throw-away gun to make you look like the perp."?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Would you be so quick to defend these warcriminals if it were British and American citizens being beaten?

Dont play the "defending the guilty" card on me m'boy, it was a bad NCO.
Or are you forgetting how the senior NCO was getting "in there" with the squadies? Funny didnt you notice the other lads just standing around looking around, to me thier body language says : "What the Hell is going on???"

Would you call this justice if it happened where you live?

No the above is NOT justice.

Do you think those Iraqis feel especially liberated?

Do you think those iraqis should be allowed to go free?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join