It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big boy Flying saucer style sandwiches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just curious if others have ever had a BigBoy (flying saucer style) Pizza-burgers.?

I can remember back in the early 60's when they were the rage here.(upper MW). I know somewhere out there someone, somewhere still sells the makers but I tried to find one and came up empty. That was not the case a year or so ago when I had a slight urge for one. But now I am desperate, can any one help me out?

[edit on 2/11/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Are you referring to the round thingy with the long handle they used to sell and you put it over the flames, and you could make any sandwich on a bun and when you opened it was grilled and looked like a flyijng saucer?

I still have 2 of those and they are my prized possetions. I use them to make ham and cheese sandwiches.

If this is what you're talking about, you have to go to a specialty cooking style shop, they are still making them.

OR try yard sales. Lots of people have them, dont even know what they are for and get rid of them.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Are you referring to the round thingy with the long handle they used to sell and you put it over the flames, and you could make any sandwich on a bun and when you opened it was grilled and looked like a flyijng saucer?

I still have 2 of those and they are my prized possetions. I use them to make ham and cheese sandwiches.

If this is what you're talking about, you have to go to a specialty cooking style shop, they are still making them.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by dgtempe]

Yup that is what I am talking about DG. There used to be several sites that offered them, unfortunately at that time I only had slight taste for one.

That is no longer the case, I am now desperate. You know kind of like a pregnant wife who insists on having a pickle sandwich with PB at midnite.

I was hoping that someone would know where they could be purchased and yes I did check out several speacialty shops in the area with no luck at all. They had heard about them and or have seen them in the past but know around here knows where to get them now.

BTW, I too liked the ham and cheese version but prefered the big boy Pizza burger style tasted much better then

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ok, i have seen them. Mine are in storage because i moved from Arizona, and i still have stuff everywhere.
If i can get a hold of where to get one i will let you know and send it to you, or give you the name of the place.

I will look, i know i see them once in awhile.

join