It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple message from a true conservative: Bush, Obey the law!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
At what point did George Duhbya Bush forget that he is a public servant and not a king? Did he ever understand that? Or did he think, by virtue of his lineage, he is the supreme overlord of the earth?

It's past time for him to be held accountable to the law. For the first time in my life, I hope the Democrats retake congress in the midterms so they can finally begin the myriad investigations into BushCon wrongdoings that so far have been blocked.

Bush makes Nixon look like a choir boy; which is a bit unreal, considering Nixon actually had a massive intellect and real-world experience.

Hey Bush: Obey the Law
by Charley Reese

I would like to see all Americans send the president a simple message: "With all due respect, sir, obey the damned laws or resign. Both the law and the Constitution require warrants for domestic spying. Get them. Both the law and the Constitution require that Congress exercise oversight. Cooperate with Congress. You are a public servant, not a God-anointed ruler of a kingdom."
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You have to understand that Bush believes himself in a divine mission, so laws and the constitution are meaningless when a higher power is involve.

I also can't wait to have a congress that will get into all the BS going on with the present administration and Bush self proclaim powers.

Yes it seems that the Bush administration was to challenge the wrong doings of Nixon do them worst using the patriot act as an excused and then get away with it without repercussions.

The Patriot act and the Bush issue called War on Terror is the excused used to get away with anything that pertain to the rights of American citizens and make it look legal.

All for the good of the nation.

But has somebody question how far does this powers can extend? Yes but the Republican rule congress will do nothing about it even when many know that what is going on is an abuse of those powers.

The patriot act was to be temporary but if feels so good to play with power that the present administration is addicted to it.

When is not balances to keep the governement at bay the end result is what you have seen, corruption and abuse.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wholly reject this perpetual war nonsense. Our nation will be damned into perpetuity if we continue to embrace this fantasy. It's no different than the cold war. It's the new cold war, the new external threat. I'm not saying we don't have enemies or threats. We do. But this whole NeoCon pushed WoT fiction is just absurd. Coming from that angle, one begins to see things in a different shade. Take Iraq, for example, in Rumsfeld's twisted view it is a profound success. The BushCons have succeeded in taking out Saddam and sowing endless chaos there. As long as chaos reigns, they have an "excuse" to keep our troops there.

That is why we need to demand they bring our troops home and out (as proscribed by Rep. Jack Murtha).

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
At this point, I think Bush's numbers are so bad that they will not be able to steal the midterm elections, as they so skillfully did in '04. If the Democrats actually can pull off an upset and retake congress, Bush may indeed find out just how unpopular and wrong he is.

top topics

join