It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's new threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Iran has rejected the United States, and the EU's pressure to halt it's nuclear program. It has also hinted at withdrawing from the NNPT.

www.msnbc.msn.com
"TEHRAN, Iran - Iran’s president on Saturday rejected U.S. and European pressure to freeze the country’s nuclear program and hinted that Iran may withdraw from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty."

"Ahmadinejad appeared in part to be responding to a call on Thursday by U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan for Iran to restore a freeze on its nuclear activities and pursue talks to shift its uranium enrichment program to Russia."

“If we see you want to violate the right of the Iranian people by using those regulations (against us), you should know that the Iranian people will revise its policies,” he said."
"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I still think it's too early to blow the whistle and say Iran IS going to build nukes. Though withdrawing from the NNPT isn't a good sign. Knowing Israel's more than trigger happy, it'll be interesting to see their response to this. It'll be interesting to see what the rest of the countries do. It seems either Iran is very smart in persevering in getting their goals for peaceful nuclear material production, or they're stupidly setting themselves up for destruction.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
humm, I voted for the poster to fix the intro, and after voting I remembered that you can't fix the story after it is being accepted as a submission. I think we need to have a new way to vote, or before the story is accepted by the staff, they should mention to the poster, every poster, what overall changes to make for the submission to fulfill the requirements for acceptance.

If the intro wasn't a one liner, I would have voted yes to the submission.

df1

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If the intro wasn't a one liner, I would have voted yes to the submission.

I vote "yes" as the posted article is important, no matter whether the poster dotted all of the i's and crossed all the t's. IMHO ATS would be served better by limiting the voting to MODS only, ATS users nitpick far too much.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is not "nickpicking" it is part of the guidelines to accepting submissions.

If there are no guidelines, then any and every story would be accepted no matter what. i don't think that was ever the intention behind ATSNN.

People can always post any links and not follow any guidelines if they wish in any of the other forums of ATS.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
mauddib,

you can amend the post after submission....just not after its been upgraded. as far as the intro goes, IMHO two sentences equal a paragraph, not a one-liner.

voting yes

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Im not really all the familar with the IAEA but Iran is within its rights to drop out of the NPT, If it decides that extraordinary events, related to the subject matter of the Treaty, have jeopardized the supreme interests of its country.

But it has to gives the United Nations Security Council three months in advance before they can drop out and a statement of the "extraordinary events" it regards as having jeopardized it supreme interests.

The member nations left themselves a window of 3 months before a nation that dropped out according to the treaty can start building a bomb to decided what further actions will be taken.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
But how confident can we be that Iran will even adhere to the three month guideline, given how they've pretty much snubbed their noses at pretty much any guidelines the west has proposed so far?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe not too much, but there's still a chance they'll do the right thing.

join