It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want in.....RATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have my 5,000 points and do not see it in my ATS store window. What else do I need to get in?

[edit on 2/11/2006 by sexymon]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
To wait for SO to turn it back on.
It's temporarily off so the current members don't lose access during the Serpo fun.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
....well ain't that a raw deal.

Why whould members lose acces because of SERPO? I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It renews every month. They took away the renewal feature, which was the same button as the signup once you had access (I think), so that if a member didn't renew, they wouldn't lose their access.

[edit on 2/11/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
got it! Have any idea when it will reopen? Just curious. I will keep contributing whether it opens soon or not. It was one of my goals on here to contribute there, too....

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Not that I've heard. There are still twists and turns going on in Serpo so....

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
When RATS access is reactivated (and I don't know when that will be), I would suggest doing it on the 1st of the month or as close after the first as you can manage.
The reason being, RATS access is a month to month thing.
You pay 5000 for the first month's access.
Then, it is 250 points every month thereafter.

If you pay your 5000 (or 250) on the 29th of the month
, well, it's only good for that month. It's month-to-month, not a 30 day subscription.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
got it! Have any idea when it will reopen? Just curious. I will keep contributing whether it opens soon or not. It was one of my goals on here to contribute there, too....

Same here sexymon - I've worked pretty hard the past few months only to discover that I can't even access RATS. I'm pretty ticked off - to put it mildly. Basically, if you didn't get onto RATS early enough - your voice is now silenced concerning Serpo, as well as everything else discussed. It's enough to make a person feel like a second-class citizen...

Oh what fun this place is,
-rdube02

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Everything being discussed about Serpo in RATS is being released on the regular board as well. All the major developments that were in RATS have been posted in the threads. The only thing you aren't seeing is the discussion about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
-rdube02

Don't forget the alternative, the virtual door!

If you are unable to be patient while one of the forums of ATS is unavailable, may I politely suggest going to another message board on the Internet that has what you desire...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
If you are unable to be patient while one of the forums of ATS is unavailable, may I politely suggest going to another message board on the Internet that has what you desire...

Thank you. I understand what you're saying, and I am of course considering that. It isn't that one of the forums is unavailable. It is that it is unavailable to ONLY some people, not everyone. Of course I can be patient if a forum isn't available - but there are discussions going on that I have a vested interest in, because I've personally done many hours of research into the subject - more than many of the people who are currently allowed into the discussion.

I mean no disrespect with my complaint - there is, of course, good reason why I chose to join: I admire the level of intellect and research skills of members who I have networked with since joining. It would be unfortunate to leave, as there definitely is no better forum on the internet - and I say that with all seriousness.

My regards,
-Ryan

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Same here sexymon - I've worked pretty hard the past few months only to discover that I can't even access RATS. I'm pretty ticked off - to put it mildly. Basically, if you didn't get onto RATS early enough - your voice is now silenced concerning Serpo, as well as everything else discussed. It's enough to make a person feel like a second-class citizen...

-rdube02

Your ignoring the fact that it is unavailable to ANYONE who has not suscribed to it. And as soon as its back up and running, all are welcome to join with the 5000 point purchase.

You make this out to be a vendetta against newbies or some section of ATS. Its just unfortunate that RATS is unavailable at the moment. I have been here for several months and have never ventured into it. I am checking every day to jump in and take a look.

Stop trying to victimize yourself and just wait patiently like the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
just wondering... what subjects are being discussed in RATS that I would wanna pay for or submit myself to gathering 250 points per month?

I think everthing that's out there, is allready out here.. or am I mistaking?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
You make this out to be a vendetta against newbies or some section of ATS. Its just unfortunate that RATS is unavailable at the moment. I have been here for several months and have never ventured into it. I am checking every day to jump in and take a look.

Ahh...you aren't aware of the whole story. It isn't a "technical" glitch that is preventing new subscriptions to RATS. It is simply to keep the new members acting as "sock puppets" in the Serpo thread from taking part in the discussion. Which, I have to admit, I would have done myself if I was an admin. I'm just expressing my frustration at not being able to access the discussion, as it has pertinent information and a time-sensitive impact on my own research concerning Serpo. But....what can you do? As SimonGray aptly stated, accept it or leave. This is their show to run as they please. Point taken.

-rdube02

[edit on 13-2-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well before tagging was introduced, 5000 points was not easy to come by. You had to work hard for it, now tagging makes that accessible in a hour or two.

The purpose of the 5000 point cost to get into RATS was probably meant for users to spend some time on ATS and work towards being able to reach this.

I have no argument against this, as RATS should be secluded. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be RATS anymore.

Reading what you just posted, I understand the frustration. But sometimes sacrifices must be made.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
Same here sexymon - I've worked pretty hard the past few months only to discover that I can't even access RATS. I'm pretty ticked off - to put it mildly. Basically, if you didn't get onto RATS early enough - your voice is now silenced concerning Serpo, as well as everything else discussed.

MONTHS?
Seems to me you've been here about four weeks, as your joining date is January of this year and tomorrow is Valentine's Day.
Many, many members spend months AND months AND months posing and never see the number of points you received from tagging.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Question to the powers above......

Is the requirement going to change for RATS.. maybe to a certain amount of posts to be accepted for the first time. As 5000 points is no longer much of a problem to come by.

Will information be provided or may already be.

Thanks,
chissler

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thats not a bad Idea, maybe 25 grand?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

MONTHS?
Seems to me you've been here about four weeks, as your joining date is January of this year and tomorrow is Valentine's Day.
Many, many members spend months AND months AND months posing and never see the number of points you received from tagging.

Yes, while I didn't join back in November I've been in the forum. Probably should have joined earlier. By the way, I didn't earn my points by tagging - I worked with a small group of members putting together a huge summary document for the 200+ page main Serpo thread. It took many hours of work, so they rewarded us with points - and we were all very thankful for it.

-rdube02

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
rdube.
my sincere apologies for jumping to conclusions

That was a monumetnal undertaking!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join