It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String Tribute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
String Tribute is a group of classical string musicians who create pure "String" covers of different bands. The covers that I know about are:

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
System Of A Down

That is only a few of the "Good" covers they have done. They have also done some for Nickleback and LickinPark (Pffft). There are MANY cover they have done go here for more info:

tmrpro.com...

Anyway, who here has any of these and what do you think of them?

I have 2 of the 3 Tool albums they have done. They are:

Third Eye Open
Metamorphic

I personally LOVE both of these albums and am just dieing to get some more of this stuff. As I loved classical music a many years ago (before I started listening to what I listen to now) this is just a great idea and I can't get enough of it.

What is everyone elses' opinion?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know of a cover of Deloused In The Comatorium by The Mars Volta being covered by a classical group.

I don't think its the same peeps though. I've only heard little previews on amazon. It's quite cool

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They've done Muse too - 'Newborn' is amazing... beautiful soaring cello melody amidst the pizzicato double bass line and the fast moving upper strings parts - fantastic stuff, then when the second "style" kicks in its staccato all over the place. The harmonies in the music of Muse lend themselves very nicely to the string quartet situation. It's very effective and theres some incredible string playing in there too, well worth a listen whether you're a Muse fan or not!

I've heard string quartet covers of Coldplay and Radiohead too, not sure whether it's the same group or not, the Muse stuff is definetly worth a blast though.

*edit*
tmrpro.com... => it seems they've done rather a lot more!!!

[edit on 17-2-2006 by misshannah]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yea they have done a lot!

I personally would love to see how they did bands like NIN and SOAD. From what they did with Tool I rekon they did a great job of those guys too.

top topics

join