It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher tapes up the mouths of Kindergarteners.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A Montreal school teacher may be losing her job after taping the mouths of her students.

www.ctv.ca

A Montreal teacher faces disclipinary action after being accused of taping one student to a chair and taping several students' mouths shut.

The student at the centre of the controversy, five-year-old Jordel David, was wandering around his kindergarten classroom at the St. François Solano School on Jan.27.

The teacher warned him to calm down. When Jordel didn't do so, she taped his thighs to a chair. Jordel then started licking the door when she untaped him a few minutes later.

Finally, the teacher taped Jordel's mouth shut. Two other students who laughed at Jordel then had their mouths taped shut for five minutes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Teachers who train teachers have condemned this incident. The kids sounds like he was pretty bad but teachers have better ways of dealing with rowdy students. It sounds like she did this out of frustration.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
pfft, I had my mouth taped shut several times when I was in kindergarten and I turnede out fine, better than fine actually

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Jordel then started licking the door when she untaped him a few minutes later.

Man, I hope it tasted good.

Sometimes rotten kids need something like this done to them. I really hate kids, and I've wanted to do something similar to them alot.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's not that bad.
I think he would have gotten spanked a couple of decades ago but that would probably cause problems too. What are teachers supposed to do in this situation?

[edit on 10-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What CAN teachers do now these days? They have so many restrictions as to the form of punishment they can legally use that it's rediculous!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with the teacher. Or give them infinite recess time and deprive them of naptime. They'll calm down.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I really hate kids, and I've wanted to do something similar to them alot.

Ohh, come now, surely not?

Teacher was in the right, by the way. Pesky little brats.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I say let the teachers use a ruler on them and perhaps slap them and by all means bring back the dunce hat it never hurt anyone. And no I am not advocating abuse by teachers. Any fool knows you can still discipline a child and not abuse them.

This all seems to have started when the children from the hippie/groupie era started to grow up. we never had as many problems when we were kids, but back then teachers could discipline us.

The world also has to lay the foundation of the blame on the parents it is all their fault.

I have two nieces, one had 6 kids the other had two the one with two turned out to be brats, yet the 6 turned out as good kids. That example shows you it starts with the discipline at home.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What's wrong with licking doors? I do it all the time. It's all the rage!

You know, it's hard to know where to place the blame here. Do you place it on the parents of this whacked-out kid or the teacher? My kid wouldn't act like that in the first place. It's a parent's responsibility to teach their kid manners and such.

So the teacher taped this kid to the chair and taped a couple others' mouths shut...........big deal! I had a teacher that used to yank me around by my ear and you didn't see that end up in the papers. These kids will get over it.

Peace

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Did you hear about the first grader being sued for sexual harassment. Apparently he put his finger down this girls pants. And she got all huffy and sued him. Talk about wanting to be the center of attention.

When I was in first grade and made dresses little tents I could hang out in.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
What CAN teachers do now these days? They have so many restrictions as to the form of punishment they can legally use that it's rediculous!

If it was my child, I would hope that the teacher or the principal would call me!

If my child was just playing around in the classroom and creating a disturbance, he knows that he would be in some serious trouble when I got to the school or when he got home that afternoon. If it is a medical problem that is causing it (ADD/ADHD), then it is a situation that can be resolved by working with my doctor, the school counselor, the principal and the teacher together.

In my child's school, I have had two teachers make off-handed remarks about other children with large imaginations or that are just a little more unruly that "they should be on a med." My response to one teacher was, "What type of child are you expecting to teach? Automatons?"

She did not appreciate my input.

Anyway, if my child is creating a disturbance, I want to know about it. I would rather punish my child than let the school do it because I want him to understand that he is there to learn, not to disrupt the class. Recess is where he can goof off and play.

JDub

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Of course i would never do what she did, but as a teacher, i kind of appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I know that if I had my mouth taped up I would find it pretty difficult to breathe. Especially if I had been running around previously.
I dont agree with this at all and if a teacher had to do that to my child heads would roll.
I would also expect to be informed and possibly remove my child until I had sorted it out.
If those are her classroom methods she has no right teaching.

We were all children once!

We can all be badly behaved some times. No one would tape our mouths shut.....although my husband has probably thought about it....or strap us to a chair. In my opinion it would make things worse.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
lawl

tapping my mouth shut would just give me a prop to use in distracting a class.

what an idiot teacher really.

only threats of phsyical pain made me behave lawl :p

top topics

join