It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior CIA Officer : No One Checked Intelligence Before Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Paul Pillar, national CIA intelligence officer for the near east and south asia claims that Bush didn't even seek strategic intelligence advice about Iraq before invading ?

edition.cnn.com
The Bush administration disregarded the expertise of the intelligence community, politicized the intelligence process and used unrepresentative data in making the case for war, a former CIA senior analyst alleged.

In an article published on Friday in the journal Foreign Affairs, Paul R. Pillar, the CIA's national intelligence officer for the Near East and South Asia from 2000 to 2005, called the relationship between U.S. intelligence and policymaking "broken."........................

..................The Bush administration "used intelligence not to inform decision-making, but to justify a decision already made," Pillar wrote. "It went to war without requesting -- and evidently without being influenced by -- any strategic-level intelligence assessments on any aspect of Iraq."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't help thinking that he knew that there was no terrorist link with Iraq and he had no evidence Saddam had WMDs.

It's a shocking mismanagement in the affairs of a sovereign nation when they go to war without checking intelligence first.

It's official there was no intelligence in the Whitehouse before the Iraq war. But I guess we always knew that.

Didn't it matter ? I just don't get how people can be so incompetent and get to run the worlds only Superpower.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd like to vote on your submission, but the opening line says "Paul Ritter" when the article quotes "Paul Pillar".

Maybe you could hunt up some background on the guy also, because you can be sure everyone's going to question who he is and whether he's qualified to make these claims.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hmmm, another revelation fades into obscurity.

I guess you should never underestimate the power of apathy.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Hmmm, another revelation fades into obscurity.

I guess you should never underestimate the power of apathy.

Why do these proclamation always come after the fact? Do you mean those thousands of dead people died for a lie? Gee whiz beav, we killed all those people for nothing, let's admit it now and sleep in peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ahem.. hello? anybody..?

OK, I'm getting very worried about ATS now. Today's Top Story is about the UN changing toner suppliers or some such crap and here we have a CNN report quoting the CIA's National Intelligence Officer for Iraq, saying he was NEVER EVEN asked for his intelligence assessment on Iraq before the war!

It's been sitting here for three days and didn't even get enough votes to make it a news item?

Maybe the title needs changing to Project Serpo Update

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Maybe the title needs changing to Project Serpo Update

yep thats what you need to get peoples attention these days.....
i find this trend disturbing also, i guess ats has been "mainstreamed"

cognitive dissonance....i love the word

join