It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the spiketv ad for The Order Of The Serpentine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

At first, I thought this was going to be a serious documentary on secret societies (silly me) but then I read below it was an AXE production. And then I later checked spiketv's website and described this new show as some kind of comedy. Okay, fine. What I find interesting and perplexing is the images/symbology of their ad. The man in the robe obviously is representinig a monk, he's looking up as if he is praying to a god or something. Then there's the obvious badge with a pyramid and snake with the sun in the background. And the blatant sexual tone with several nude women all trying to give "rise" or "power" to the worship of man or..phallic worship. I may be taking this to another level, but I'm sure others feel the same way. It's quite obvious to me.

It's a bit offensive, in my opinion. And objectifying women.

EXPOSING THE ORDER OF THE SERPENTINE

In this "news expose," hard-hitting journalist Rex Masters investigates the existence and inner-workings of The Order of the Serpentine. The Order, a sacred brotherhood dedicated to helping guys move beyond the shame from questionable hook-ups, was founded centuries ago when the Order's creator "shed his shame" for the first time. Masters examines the guilt guys feel as a result of awkward romantic encounters, and shows how and why such shame ultimately drives members to join this underground society.

The Order of the Serpentine
www.pgbirds.net...

[edit on 10-2-2006 by eudaimonia]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sounds like peoply just being goofy. Like the Simpsons' take on the Stonecutters.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They are definitely running out of ideas for shows...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralph_The_Wonder_Llama
Sounds like peoply just being goofy. Like the Simpsons' take on the Stonecutters.

I've been wanting to say this in this sub-forum for ages...

NOHOMERS!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'll take the other guys robe ANYTIME!

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You're all crazy...

Phalic symbol.... You're a phalic symbol..

granted, the show is as funny as a dishwasher.
but I think, a 'monk' being worshiped by nude women praising a phalic symbol, is a little over the top...

The fact that this show is even a topic in a conspiracy message board completely blows my mind.

A) it's spike tv
B) it's axe body wash
C) you're and idiot.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You Rang?

"Join us Friend" - Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
yeah they really are running out of show ideas, i mean yeah i know its spike tv and all, but what can a show about bodywash and ladies be about that the FCC wont cry about.......not much

i mean come on body wash tv show, its probably gonna be like an infomercial with the real bad acting on it

top topics

join