It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Compressed Air Powered Car - Something that the oil companies don't want you to know!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well I guess that scratches that idea

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Compressed Air Powered Car !!

www.TheAirCar.com...

Yes !!

Then we won't need zero-point-energy and anti-gravity.

Oops

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
for $2 worth of electricity to fill up? I don't think that would consume too much fossil fuel

that new engine design is unbelievably compact.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElTiante

You fill the on board tanks with air from a air compressor stupid

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
There is aonther concern that raises in my mind. Compressed air reminds me of all the warning lables on arsoel spray cans. Those cans are operated by compressed air. There is a flamable warning not to impact it or get it overly hot.

Exactly how will compressed air react to a collision? Will it automatically explode thus eliminating the need of airbags, since everyone will automatically be dead anyhow from the explosion? How high is the chance it will catch on fire even with a small fender bender? What about areas that are extremely hot? Air expands in the heat even compressed air. Will the compartment holding the compressed air be able to with stand any extra pressure?

First of all, those aerosols you are referring to use flammable chemical propellants. Anything using only compressed air will not burn.

I have read about this car, or maybe one similar to it. It has about a 120 mile range on a full tank of air (air storage tanks were made from some kind of carbon fiber mat I believe, so as to split instead of shatter in the case of an accident) which would require about $4 worth of electricity to fill with an included air compressor. $1 for 30 miles is not bad at all!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Hardy water wheel car would be interesting.
With Liquid air one could make a bigger car.

How about an Earth vibration car that as it rolls over bumps
keeps the charge up.

Sparking just the air might not work even in a MHD engine
but the Papp plasma engine did work at one time.

Then Hydrogen from water on the fly by Stan Meyer needs
just a stop at Cosco for a case of water.

Any more non Relativistic solutions like electricity direct from
Radium or isotopes. Madame Curie could have made a power
station.

Dr Moray UV radiation of Lithium in his stone direct to electricity by
UV induced radioactivity.

I guess thats it for 'new' undeveloped power sources.
Except for the Tesla ether ship (aka UFO) using straight
to atmospheric electricity.

ED: They saw this compressed car coming as gas stations
charge for the air for tires.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by supay
Ok, ok, the car powered by compressed air obtained by the use of electric powered charger any way it would cost to much less than gas and would not pollute as an conventional car agreed?

Unfortunately most electricity is created by burning of fossil fuels. If the demand for electricity increased because of the compressed air powered cars you would still be creating the same amount of pollution.

G'day to you, Super Mod. With your other in that list, there should be a "nother other". Meaning... There more important "free enery" movment is already on it's way. ( MAGNETS AND COPPER ) Ok. Let ME explain to the Super Mod. Go to your local toyshop and what would YOU see in it? Toys, *cough*cough* keep searching. Ahh! Ha! ( remote controlled TOY CARS ). What do * remote controll toy cars and RealLife everyday normal cars have in common? * Nothing really, but it all comes down to MONEY! The car companies + oil companies + the world goverments and other companies IS making $$$ from the fact that THEY KNOW they can make $$$ from the common people. If a somebody that does know anything about electronics, that he/she could reproduce a workable, lifesize model of a (remote controll toy car) AND turn it into a everyday "normal car", and you "could" even coltrol it by remote control. Ohh...Let me not forget about (magnets and copper). If done properly fitted to the "new design car", the magnets and copper CAN create "free energy" from just having in it as part of the that car I described. There is *no need* to have oil, petrol, water or anything else like that. It is as simple as having magnets and copper.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElTiante
No, no, no and no. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.

While using compress air, the car, may not emit pollutants, the electricity used to compress the air was probably generated with hydrocarbon based fuels

Additionally, the car has a max speed of 50 km/h or about 30mph. That’s not a car I want to own and it has a supplemental gas engine.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by ElTiante]

If you combine the compressed air with the tesla turbine principle you can achieve speeds close to 160mph. Of course you will run out of air much quicker. My friend and myself have been working on a 4-wheel drive using tesla turbines and compressed air we are also discussing the possibility of using water instead of air to see if it increases efficiency.

We are also using tiny wind generators in the front to charge the battery as the car moves for the electrical system and have been toying around with something else to increase efficiency even more but not willing to discuss anything else here.

So ya it can easily be done.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Ha. Maybe one of the ways to increase the electric from a wind generator? As basicly I mention in my other post. What I mean is: Where the underneath the car the the four-wheels are connected to two lots of poles. If somebody connected magnets around those poles and above that they somehow wired copper, so as the car moves, the wheels move and the poles move. As the magnets around the poles move it would create a electric currant as the magnets SPIN pass the copper. (The car could even have three lots of poles.)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nothing is new

www.associatedcontent.com...

They were driving around Los Angeles Calif in 1932

I have used air powered mine locomotives.
en.wikipedia.org...
goldminetours.com...
www.dself.dsl.pipex.com...

The only reason most of the US air powered mine locomotives are no long in use is the mine safety rules that require them to be X Ray tested after 50 years for cracks and other damage to the air tanks. the hydro testing every 10 years was affordable but the X Ray testing is just to expensive

What i would like to see is a diesel/air hybrid with a little 1 cyl diesel to charge the air tanks for traveling long distances.

That way people could plug in and fill the tank for around town driving and could start the diesel for long trips in areas where there was no air filling stations.

Since most people would not use the diesel for around town trips this wouls help clear the air.

And people like me could use bio diesel for long trips.

The big thing with a air tank is the weight is a lot less then batteries, last longer then batteries and is less toxic at the end of the cars life to recycle. and and all that would save cost.

Since most underground mining equipment is air powered i have 30 years experience with air motors even before the first air car hits the US market.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Oh WOW! Great Idea. Something like that I posted in my post before, but with trains awhole load of extra free energy.

As each pole (underneath the train) that is connect to two wheels, there would be alot of those poles. Connect magnets to those poles and with the copper just nearby-above them. As the wheels move, the magnets also would SPIN the result would be the magnets would cause a reaction with the copper that would create "free energy". The amount of magnets that can_be fitted to trains...wow.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alo ha,
No free rides? Ha-
www.panacea-bocaf.org...
www.aircaraccess.com...

Bill

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by supay

Compressed air is an energy storage medium.
Tesla use it for a synchronous electrical generator.
It acts as a spring to oscillate without wear out or breakage.
If enough electrical energy is generated, some might re compress
the small amount used to make a spring and you have over unity.
This is exactly the process behind a suspected Tesla generator
that has been classified after recognizing it in a Nazi Electro U boat
just about 20 years ago.

Unknown all that time, and still unknown.

ED: Liquid air may be even better.

[edit on 6/14/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm currently in the process of drawing up some blueprints for an air powered vehicle. (Early days)
I've spoken to a number of people regarding the issue of replenishing the air supply on-the-go.
I have a strong mechanical aptitude, which will assist me in bringing the designs together, but I'd like some opinions on the air side of things..

The idea: I'm working with the idea of attaching some sort of wheel-driven compressors to the car's axles, which will fill the tanks as the car is moving. The tanks will keep a reserve amount of air stored every time the car is stopped, which will be enough to get the car moving again, and run the compressors and keep the cycle going. This means that the car would only need to be filled very rarely (The first time it's run, or after tanks are emptied for safety during repairs, etc) this is considering the tanks were strong enough to hold compressed air for long periods of time.

Is this idea feasible? What problems can you see with this design? Would the compressors be able to produce enough air to keep up with the cars consumption?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You said it well in your post is it FEASABLE, no . Why because you will never and i mean never get back what is put into a device, my father used to tell me if it could have been done it would have. That is where i would argue, because everything we have today for energy needs has be reverse enginered from something that already exists or existed. Most of the new stuff that comes out to claim free energy is just an overglorification of something we already have. If you could couple a compressor to an axle and even overdrive the compressor you would ( i think ) never be able to keep up with the need for more air, as just the compression of said air will create a huge amount of heat transfered to tha engine that would parasiticly rob the power. If you could do it with air why not with electric, thus the need for hybrids. Try and spin an alternator over by hand, charging even with multiplication or gearing. One day someone will say ah ha it was in our faces the whole time , but not in the near future, desperation will create new energies.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Had a brain fart for a minute. If you compress the air off the exhaust side of the motor with another compressor to go back into the reserve tank you may be able to save some of the energy from the process, it would already be under a given amount of pressure from the first go round, however it would have to be a lower pressure than the incoming air or the motor would not work. I see alot of valving and associated widgets being the problem, also overunity, perpetual motion hindering your ability to do so. Maybe possible , but i dont think so.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry for the multiple posts, but why not pump the air yourself. I mean use a bicycle to run the compressor, be good for your health ( exercise ) ,why not incorperate the bicycle into the car to supplement the air, might go a little farther. People dont want to do things like this to save money or gas for that matter, we are lazy by nature. i could picture a business woman trying to pedal a bicycle in a car with high heels on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join