It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Dinosaur

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I’m only replying to send this thread over 100 replies. I tried to bring those elements into the thread but they were all dismissed as either fakes or from bad resources.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Living dinosaur?

I'm sorry
I just couldn't
help myself.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I know what I said earlier but I stumbled across this site while searching for something else. I could help myself but to post it. It holds some pretty good info and talks about finding some embryos. It also says the name for mokele-mbembe means “one who stops the flow of rivers” Its hard to understand why the natives would get all excited and scream this at a ordinary animals.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just for you Spaceman 16

I am a regular listener of two shows offered by a Local Station in Toronto, Friday Evenings and Saturday Evenings.

Saturday, funny as it sounds, is a show called A View from Space, hosted by Gary "The Spaceman" Bell. (I thought this was strange with your Post ID and all). It's on 9PM to 1AM Saturdays

But more important to your topic here, I also listen to THE RICHARD SYRETT SHOW on Fridays from about 10PM to 1PM or so.

About 12:00 PM each week, the Dinosaur Hunter, Bill Gibbons, has been on updating the topic of "The Marcy Expedition" in West Africa that is tracking down the Mokele-Mbembe

There are also audio archives of past shows.

To listen online hit the TO LISTEN NOW at the following Site.

www.640toronto.com...

For Audio playback of past shows, visit the following and look for the appropriate show.

www.richardsyrett.com...

I hope the shows are of interest.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I’ll listen to it as soon as I get the chance, thanks for the interesting find.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16
I’ll listen to it as soon as I get the chance, thanks for the interesting find.

I have offered a direct link into Richard's Audiofiles.

www.richardsyrett.com...

Take a listen to the Dinosaur Hunter Update #9 when it become available this week. (Thursday/Friday)

I forwarded the Mary Martha Photo and story to Richard this week, and he sent it to the Dinosaur Hunter, Bill Gibbon's to review.

This was far more than I had expected, and I was floored by Bill's info on this. I would expect many of you will be as well.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was checking at the site I offered previously, and that segment has now been added.

www.richardsyrett.com...

See Dino Hunter #9

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
its only a matter of time until we find Mokele-Mbembe. To me, the concept is much more feasible than other cryptids such as chupacabra and nessie. There is more than an adequate amount of food supply, the climate is ideal, and we have many different and seperate tribes that claim to know about it. Yes, some tribesmen have mistaken it for the rhino, but that doesn't mean that all the reports are false because of one misguided person. We have the food source, the living conditions, and the plausible elements to confirm this animal. Now all we need is the animal itself.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A BBC documentary called Congo, about Mokele-Mbembe, suggested that Mokele-Mbembe is very likely a rhinoceros. The bushmen pointed out the Rhino when they were asked to show Mokele Mbembe in a book with African wildlife.
Congo's fauna rapidly changed from dry savannah to rainforests, making "normal" african wildlife like rhino's and elephants evolve and adjust to the dense rainforests of Congo. The rainforests rhino's are believed to live around Lac Tele and are considered extremely rare and they are almost never spotted, but it probably explain the myth of "dinosaur" Mokele Mbembe.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by errorist]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
One question. If Sauropods were plains animals, did they eat grass and weeds on the ground, or the few trees growing on the plains? I don't see how such a large animale could surviv on the plains

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would like nothing more to see a living dinosaur, but I highly doubt there would be any roaming around.

There would have to be quite a few of them and they would have lasted for millions of years without anyone capturing or killing one.

They would be too large to survive in a dense jungle. They would have preferred a dryer, more open climate. They didn't live in water as people used to think.

There were be bones from the thousands of animals that would have died within that time.

They would have had to adapt to modern vegetation, other animals, insects, climate, etc.

I'm not sure what the climate was like in the Congo during and after the Mesezoic, but it probably didn't remain constant, so I doubt they would have survived through all the changes.

And, their population would be out of control without a predator to keep that population in check. Are ther any animals large enough to take down even a baby sauropod in the Congo?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrvingTheExplainer
I would like nothing more to see a living dinosaur,

As silly as it sounds, a bird really is a living dinosaur. Its a type of dinosaur, its characteristics are almost entirely subsumed within 'dinosauria', and they evolvled directly out of them. In every sense, they really are dinosaurs, just like man is a type of ape.

MudCloud
If Sauropods were plains animals, did they eat grass and weeds on the ground, or the few trees growing on the plains? I don't see how such a large animale could surviv on the plains

There wouldn't've been any such thing as 'grass' when saurpods evolved, it starts appearing at the end of the mesozoic. Either way, they didn't exist in swamps and the like, their fossils and bodies indicate that they lived in temperate climates, not swamps and jungles, like mokele membe.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
ive heard about this mokele mbembe before and the accounts ive read say evolved because its supposed to be smaller than the ones back in dinosaur times and also the males are reported to have a feather like quill or horn on top of their heads and as i recall dino day sauropods didnt have these

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here’s a new site that talks about the researcher guy who went down there. It also talks about the creature itself.

www.answersingenesis.org...

it’s a pretty good read.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I would like someone to do this experiment one day just to see what they get, cuz if they get a dinosaur out of it, many theories of creation would fit together a little better and be understood better.

take a few lizards and grow them in these environments....

1. triple atmospheric preasure
2. double oxygen content
3. unlimited vegitation.

fact: reptiles never stop growing.

so put it in the right conditions to grow, and let it grow until it dies.... ill bet you will get a dinosaur. earths living conditions today would not allow a lizard to turn into a dinosaur, just liek most humans cant grow to be over 7 foot. most just cannot because living conditions arent right.

dinosaurs didnt live millions of years ago, the earth cant even be older than 25,000 years due to many reasons.
the moon, the deteriorating magnetic field, and the fossil findings of humans and dinosaurs together.

no scientists\government\ACLU\ and the rest of the twisted world would not like to have evidence of living fossil or evidence of a living dinosaur. this would put a huge damper on the evolutoin theory.

and I can guarantee that the media along with all the other industries involved do all they can to hide any and all evidence that man and dinosaurs ever walked the earth together for the same reason as i stated in the paragraph above.

can cant just ask when and if dinosaurs lived... you gotta ask why they lived and how they got so big... look at the facts... and asked logical questions... how did the big ones breathe with such small lungs? atmospheric pressure and oxygen content had to be a huge factor...

look a little harder people and think outside the box.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Produkt

Dear Produkt,
Are you sure that you are not a bit to narrow minded. To fail someone that has a different belief than you is very prejudice. I thought everyone is entitled to their own belief. I know it is hard to get a very preconceived ideal out of one's head. I do ask that you would view the evidence for and against such claims (Human-Dino coexistence). If you do not know of any evidence for these beliefs check out this site. The url is www.bible.ca/tracks PLEASE do not dismiss this until you have looked at both sides of the argument. How else can you judge correctly. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Mokele Mbembe is supposedly a type of sauropod, as previously mentioned. It is rumored to have left footprints in forests of up to 3 feet in diameter. One researcher supposedly witnessed the creature in it's natural habitat for an extended period of time (more than a glimpse) but he had little film left in his camera and he left the lens cap on, according to Loren Coleman in "Cryptozoology A-Z."

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors were true.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it's interesting.not sure if it's true or not.I am not sure how it could exist,what would it eat?would it not have enough to eat?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good dredging.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A crocodile and an alligator are both living dinosaurs...

2nd line.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join