It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tomb discovered next to King Tut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Interesting, a complete tomb has been found in a shaft just 5ms away from the infamous king Tuts gravesite.
It is the first to be discovered since the famous discovery by Howard Carter. The tomb contains an unopened sarcophagus, funeary masks and unopened canopic jars bearing pharonic seals...
Apparently the tomb was made in a hurry...

External Source BBC News Website
Archaeologists have discovered an intact, ancient Egyptian tomb in the Valley of the Kings, the first since King Tutankhamun's was found in 1922.

DO you think there are any more to be found?
Who do you think this will turn out to be?
Why was it buried in a hurry? An Egyptian Murder Mystery?

Dan

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Probably someone related to the pharoh that died. Possible his queen.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am sure there are LOTS of these just waiting for us to uncover them.

The fact that we are still finding this stuff 2500 years later is just awesome.

I cant wait for the next one.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am still intrigued about this one...
Why were they buried so hastily?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

All images from BBc website

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Those images are great!

As to still finding tombs 2,500 years later, if the government would allow teams in with some of the newer GPRs, I am sure we would discover more. Atleast, I hope we would find more. Who knows? Maybe there is a tomb someplace that could explain some of the mysteries about their civilization and others.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I read an article about the newly discovered tomb found next to King Tut's and as of yet, they have not entered the burial chamber and as for the way things progress I doubt they'll find out exactly who's tomb it is for at least 3 or more months.

The cool thing about Egypt is that it never lacks in discoveries. On a daily basis more and more things become uncovered, we just don't hear about all of them unless they were some hidden tomb of an extremely rich family or of a Pharoh/Queen.

As to who's tomb I think it could be...I doubt it will be a Queen's tomb. From the article I read it sounds more like one of those rich families. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cache of mummies that the priests buried in order for their bodies not to be desecrated.

There will definitely be more things found in Egypt. What I'm looking forward to most is what they find in the shaft in the Queen's chamber of the Great pyramid.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I kinda hope they find some cells and clone them, I'd love to see what happened... wow gets me excited..

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nichole
There will definitely be more things found in Egypt. What I'm looking forward to most is what they find in the shaft in the Queen's chamber of the Great pyramid.

I almost forgot about that. I read someplace that a tracked robot had been sent through one of the ventilation shafts (?), but the report was never released due to the government stepping in. They seem to stricter now. With the leaps and bounds in technology, we should be able to find out what is in those shafts and other tombs without having to dig.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is there any indication yet as to who it was? I suppose being so close to Tutenkamen it could be related to him in someway. As to the hastiness of the burial, if indeed Tutenkamen was murdered, these could be his family, or courtiers who would have been in the way of the userpers. Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is no news yet on who's tomb it is, could it be his uncle or his wife/sister?
I am sure all will be revealed.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
After the initial program (that was on the history channel), where they had sent the robot into the shaft in the Queen's chamber in the Great Pyramid, they went in the next day without the film crew and found another door behind the first which they took down to reveal a third door. They are now waiting until sometime this year (can't remember the exact month) and are going to be busting out the third door that they had found.

What I think sucks is the fact that Zahi Hawass always has his name on everything (i.e. every discovery made wether or not it was him making the discovery or not). Must be great being the Head of the Supreme Antiquities Council of Egypt.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
[ Apparently the tomb was made in a hurry... ]
remember what the govt did b4 with another pryamid or somthing?
they rebuilt the thing so it would look old why they got all the tresure out

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well now they tell us its not a pharonic tomb...

Source
Archaeologists in Egypt have said that a chamber unearthed last month
in the Valley of the Kings was not a tomb as first thought.
Instead the room was used by the ancient Egyptians for mummifying pharaohs.
The chamber was discovered in the Valley of the Kings by a team from the University of Memphis.

So if wasnt a tomb, its a bit funny that they didnt realise it in the first place, I feel a bit of a mystery going on here...

Dan

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Maybe they found the bodies of SG1 in there. LOL
Smells a bit like Roswell to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think it is extremly possible for people find a lot more things in Egypt. The question is, how much does the public not know? What has the government kept the people from knowing. You know they are out there at every dig just in case something big comes up.

Like the room that is supposed to be under the foot of the Sphynx. That has been un-found. I am sure the room has a lot of important stuff they don't want us to know.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Tomb of Nefertiti has never been found although many believe that King Tut's tomb was actually designed for her and not him. There was some investigation about King Tut's mask which, when examined, was found to be not the original but a replacment. There did indeed seem to be an awful lot of treasures in his tomb for a king who was young.

top topics

join